What is the role of profile photo in your Fiverr success?

nadeera0v0

Internet business is based on trust. In the internet seller and the customer do not look at each other face to face. To Succeeding in Internet Business, You need to create your account correctly before you can start working on Fiverr such sites. The more you brand yourself, the more likely you are to increase your credibility and the number of customers.

The first topic we are going to talk about today PROFILE PHOTO.

if you are confident having your face on the internet, I highly recommend you upload a picture of yourself as a profile photo. Fiverr is a very social marketplace. You will see many people sit in front of a camera and describe their gig. If you upload a picture of yourself in your profile, you ill seem more trusting, and you will attract more customers because of this.

It does not mean This will increase your sales numbers, and that you are going to earn thousands of dollars next month by showing off your real face. This is a basic virtue.

A client who is willing to work with you can at least come up with an idea of ​​how you would look. He/she knows the face of the person they are going to work with, that means Your face will be in his / her mind when they start a conversation with you rather than without any idea,

Your own face will increase the chance of the customer being easily impressed on your profile rather than something like a cartoon, or actor movie photos. This is a proven psychological fact.

Now think of yourself as a customer. Who would you be willing to work with, and who would give you the most credibility? Someone who has their own face in their profile or a cartoon face?

Give it a try.

Best
Nadeera

• Like 82
  • Thanks 2

I feel like this really depends on what area you’re in, I mean, If I’m going to look for someone to draw something for me I’d rather see a drawn version of themselves, or if it’s logo design, a logo they designed for themselves. Whereas, something that involves the actual person, then for sure, it would be great to visually see the person you’re workng with. That’s just my opinion.

I also feel that it’s worth mentioning that there a lot of people using stock images, and especially of women because there’s this idea that a picture of a woman will get you more sales, I’m not sure if there are any numbers to support that claim, but I know it exists. So, whilst this post was definitely made with good intentions, I just feel as though some new sellers/desperate sellers will just feel the need to find a random image to put onto their profile.

Good post nonetheless!

• Like 41
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Nadeera,
I agree with your opinion of uploading a personal photo on the profile. It shows the seller’s confidence and the clients seeing the freelancers for their projects seem more happy.
Though fiverr gives flexibility in this regard. One can show the relevant images in profile. There are others who upload their videos just to show their confidence and share their capabilities to attract buyers.
I am also a content writer on Fiverr.com and have put my personal photo image on my profile. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/17/2020 at 12:37 AM, razihaider694 said:

I think people will get more click and order If they use a female image, because psychology also says people trust easly to the women rather than man.

No, they trust the portfolio and work that you provide and how you are able to help them. 

• Like 29
  • Congrats! 1

• 1 month later...

Almost everybody who has responded here has a picture of their face, so as ‘faceless’ seller I figured I’d pitch in! First let me state that I completely understand the psychology of evoking trust and I want to make clear I don’t disagree with this post. Especially because it includes that a profile picture of yourself doesn’t automatically mean you’ll be successful. I am living proof, since I’ve completed a few orders 😊

On 8/22/2020 at 2:09 PM, nadeera0v0 said:

if you are confident having your face on the internet,

And this is the reason why I don’t have my face as a profile picture. Not because I don’t feel confident enough to do so, but because I simply prefer anonymity.

On 8/22/2020 at 2:18 PM, kometbeats said:

I feel like this really depends on what area you’re in

This is also the reason why I can get away with it I think, because the field I’m active in on Fiverr is poetry. And rather than showing a picture of who I am, I can paint a picture with words to describe thoughts & feelings instead. Furthermore, people come to me for the story of emotions I can write and for that they can look at my portfolio. They can then sort of establish if they like my writing style and continue from there. Would putting a face to it all help me get more business? Perhaps, but I cannot conclusively say it would.

In short, my addition to this post isn’t completely helpful especially because I actually kind of agree (yes I know I’m a walking contradiction but that’s life haha). I just wanted to put my two cents in and tell my side to help people who, just like me, really don’t feel comfortable having their face out there and might feel discouraged after reading this post. Again, it does probably depend on your field but I’m proof that it can be done! Just have a solid portfolio and an engaging description where you let your passion speak. So if you’re a faceless seller just like me; don’t worry, we can make it too 💖 

• Like 54
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 3

If you upload a picture of yourself in your profile, you ill seem more trusting, and you will attract more customers because of this.

Your own face will increase the chance of the customer being easily impressed on your profile rather than something like a cartoon, or actor movie photos. This is a proven psychological fact.

I beg to differ. There are many sellers that don’t use a real picture of themselves as a profile image and are doing well.

This is particularly true in the case of @vickiespencer, who was recently promoted to TRS and whose profile image is a jedi cartoon of herself.

In my case, as you can see, my profile image is a sketch of myself and it has also worked for me.

Trust isn’t built around a real photo of your face, but on your actions. You can have a great and lovely profile picture of yourself, but if, among many other things, your work is lousy or you’re dishonest or don’t know how to conduct yourself with your customers, then you’ll reach nowhere. 

• Like 39
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, but provided you are not a digital agency/team/studio/logo artist, don’t bypass the fact that Freelancing is very personified. As a result, buyers buy from characters not big companies who work the same ways “brands” work. (Apple is not one person and Apple wouldn’t be apple if Steve Jobs did not use his iconic image)

Logos are great, don’t get me wrong. However if you have a talent, you attract much more showing the world your real face. In an era where anonymity is a free for all game, on the Internet, a buyer feels safer viewing your face and even more knowing you are verified.

My best answer once and for all would be: Become established, then hide your face and put up a logo. 1% chance someone who hides his face, has to hide something. Business psychology.

I guess that will depend on the face (and the logo). I’ll trust a random (well designed, quality) logo much faster than I’ll trust some random faces lol

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

100% agree. Most customers want to know who they are hiring. Having a clear, reasonably attractive photo with good eye contact* is almost as important as the grammar in your bio.

*actually the eye contact in my current pic is a little weird but I really like my hair in it, and I have more compliments from customers on my hair than anything else so I think it's okay.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 2

Although the generic perception of a "professional" seeming headshot (clean cut, solid neutral colors, suit jacket, button-up, tie, etc.) is suitable for many cases, I think that particular services, especially in the creative fields, have more leeway on what might be appropriate.

An artist with a self caricature or detailed illustration can convey far more about their service and individuality than through a regular headshot. Same with graphic designers, or other highly visual or "unconventional" services.

What is absolutely never appropriate is a picture stolen from the web, of a person who is not the seller, or one where the seller is blitzed out of their mind after a night of partying and is about to taste their dinner a second time around.

The sheer amount of fraudulent profile pictures might even outnumber those that are authentic but "unprofessional." A more dire issue, imo.

• Like 48
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, visualstudios said:

And always remember - if you're ugly as sin, you can always use a logo, and you will be way better off. May or may not be my case eheheh.

The ones that crack me up are the profile pics with a face mask on.  Seriously?

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

On 8/31/2021 at 4:37 PM, newsmike said:

The ones that crack me up are the profile pics with a face mask on.  Seriously?

That's because Fiverr now offer dentist appointments. It's 5 dollars per consultation. You may or may not have to learn Bengali before your digital visit to one of our talented, five-star dentists. 

P.S. If you don't want to learn Bengali, one of our AI voice overs can narrate the consultation for you. 

This is not medical advise. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition.

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 26
  • Haha 7
  • Thanks 1