Profile picture as important as gig image.

100% agree. Most customers want to know who they are hiring. Having a clear, reasonably attractive photo with good eye contact* is almost as important as the grammar in your bio.

*actually the eye contact in my current pic is a little weird but I really like my hair in it, and I have more compliments from customers on my hair than anything else so I think it's okay.

• Like 18

Although the generic perception of a "professional" seeming headshot (clean cut, solid neutral colors, suit jacket, button-up, tie, etc.) is suitable for many cases, I think that particular services, especially in the creative fields, have more leeway on what might be appropriate.

An artist with a self caricature or detailed illustration can convey far more about their service and individuality than through a regular headshot. Same with graphic designers, or other highly visual or "unconventional" services.

What is absolutely never appropriate is a picture stolen from the web, of a person who is not the seller, or one where the seller is blitzed out of their mind after a night of partying and is about to taste their dinner a second time around.

The sheer amount of fraudulent profile pictures might even outnumber those that are authentic but "unprofessional." A more dire issue, imo.

• Like 27

6 hours ago, visualstudios said:

And always remember - if you're ugly as sin, you can always use a logo, and you will be way better off. May or may not be my case eheheh.

The ones that crack me up are the profile pics with a face mask on.  Seriously?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, newsmike said:

That's because Fiverr now offer dentist appointments. It's 5 dollars per consultation. You may or may not have to learn Bengali before your digital visit to one of our talented, five-star dentists. 

P.S. If you don't want to learn Bengali, one of our AI voice overs can narrate the consultation for you. 

This is not medical advise. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, sheikh_selim said:

exactly. 100% Correct

Please check my gigs and profile Picture what if I actually need to make any changes..

Please stop spamming the forum with your gig links.

If you want help you need to create your own new topic in Improve My Gig.

• Like 7

On 8/26/2021 at 8:52 PM, newsmike said:

Make sure your profile picture is as professional as your gig images.

Since my profile image is of me as a Jedi and my gig images are all of a little Chibi me created by my Fiverr friend, @zeus777, I guess my profile image is as professional as my gig images. 

1629348402_ScreenShot2021-08-31at3_17_24PM.png.9585bd1f26176e8b56052df01f0851f2.png

During the midst of the pandemic, I felt I needed something fun in my Fiverr life, and I had Zeus make me into a Jedi. It also helped me feel empowered against COVID. 

On 8/27/2021 at 3:33 AM, enunciator said:

Although the generic perception of a "professional" seeming headshot (clean cut, solid neutral colors, suit jacket, button-up, tie, etc.) is suitable for many cases, I think that particular services, especially in the creative fields, have more leeway on what might be appropriate.

I agree. Although I do not feel proofreading is a 'creative' field, I think my caricatures make me feel approachable to my buyers. And @smashradiomaybe they are why I have a 80% review rate as they add to my overall 'friendly' appeal. 

8 hours ago, melanielm said:

I wonder how many people over the course of the past 10 years have not hired me because of my weird little tree.

I would hire you because of your tree! I love its elegance and simplicity. 

11 hours ago, j6nyc6 said:

Hip-Hop ghostwriter here, and I think I nailed my profile picture. Left the shirt and tie at my regular 9 to 5.

Your profile picture fits your services! I wear many different clothes in my profile images. 

55 minutes ago, newsmike said:

I have only seen a few. I particulary like @coerdelion's! 

7 hours ago, designershafiqu said:

can you please checked my profile and gig image?, any problem that, i will fix it.

It may be a more appropriate image if your hair was not messy. Your buyers may wonder if your work is a messy as your hair.  Otherwise I like your expression. It also may help you to have a less cluttered background. 

And finaly @rachelbostwick, your hair does look lovely. 

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

And @smashradiomaybe they are why I have a 80% review rate as they add to my overall 'friendly' appeal. 

Do you think making me into a Sith would do the same trick? I like them better. It's more fitting to my personality. Yet I doubt Darth Smash will get many reviews. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

Do you think making me into a Sith would do the same trick?

After careful consideration, I believe the Jedi are evil and the Sith are trying to restore order. 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, vickiespencer said:

I agree. Although I do not feel proofreading is a 'creative' field, I think my caricatures make me feel approachable to my buyers. And @smashradiomaybe they are why I have a 80% review rate as they add to my overall 'friendly' appeal. 

Thank you ❤️ And I do think that the branding is so strong on your pics that they are as good as or even better than an actual photo. 

• Like 5