Buyer wants to cancel order

darky_apex

Hello guys, a buyer just placed an order on my gig and after I contacted him, he says he misread the description and he opened a dispute to cancel the order. Does this affect my order completion rate or anything else if I accept it? A quick reply will be appreciated. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, darky_apex said:

Hello guys, a buyer just placed an order on my gig and after I contacted him, he says he misread the description and he opened a dispute to cancel the order. Does this affect my order completion rate or anything else if I accept it? A quick reply will be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, 

Yes, it does. You will get a hit to your cancellation rate. This is unfortunate, but there's not much you can do about it. You could of course try to contact support and ask if there's anything they can do. 

This type of thing pisses me off. If the buyer makes a mistake, you're the one who have to pay for it. It sucks. 

If you're in luck, the support team might be able to cancel the order for you without it hurting your stats.

I got an order a few weeks ago from a buyer who just dissapeared and never left any instructions, so the order wasn't active yet. I contacted support, and they managed to cancel it without a hit to my stats. 

But, that was for an order that never got started. I'm not sure if that would be an option of he submitted requirements and the clock started ticking. It's worth a shot, though! 

Best of luck! 

• Like 11
  • Up 1

Wait!!!

If buyer say that he placed the order by mistake (misread the description),

Deny the dispute and ask him to wait for a while so support team member can cancel the order and in this way you can avoid negative impression of cancellation.

Then go to support https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

Create a new ticket from this. And explain why you need support to cancel the order from customer support end and help you to avoid affecting your completion rate.
Support team will happily cancel the order without affecting your completion rate.

But if you accept the cancellation from buyer's dispute, it will affect your completion rate.

Screenshot_13.png

Edited by seven_sign
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 3:16 AM, seven_sign said:

Wait!!!

If buyer say that he placed the order by mistake (misread the description),

Deny the dispute and ask him to wait for a while so support team member can cancel the order and in this way you can avoid negative impression of cancellation.

Then go to support https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

Create a new ticket from this. And explain why you need support to cancel the order from customer support end and help you to avoid affecting your completion rate.
Support team will happily cancel the order without affecting your completion rate.

But if you accept the cancellation from buyer's dispute, it will affect your completion rate.

Screenshot_13.png

Right Options