CHEAP AND TRICKY Person

sheikhmahamud

In Fiverr Life, till now i worked for around 5-6 person whom are Cheap and Tricky... My last work done for 1 of them... Really horrible experience... They know everything... Want to complete work within $5-$10 but they make sure that they get 100% of their work...

Seller's are helpless in this condition... Cause they threat you to cancel order... Or after completing they will give negative feedback...

If they don't do then they have main weapon, That is hidden review for seller...

I wish there is a way for seller's to share their experience privately and only seller can see that before communication with a new client...

After all, if you're too much smart or dumb, they will hunt you down definitely  ...

At the ending time i want to say : BUYER IS ALWAYS RIGHT HERE. 🙂

14 hours ago, sheikhmahamud said:

Cause they threat you to cancel order...

Then say "no" and stand by it. You have the power to stand up for your work.

Or after completing they will give negative feedback...

Then let them. If you give in to foolish threats like this, YOU allow bad buyers to take advantage of you. Say no. Don't let them take advantage of you!

If they don't do then they have main weapon, That is hidden review for seller...

This is a terrible way to view the review system. If you have been dealing with a bad buyer, then it's a pretty good bet that they are going to leave a bad review. If this is the case, then you have the ability to leave them an appropriate review as well. And if a buyer does leave a bad review, you always have the chance to respond to that review, and share your side of the story.

I wish there is a way for seller's to share their experience privately and only seller can see that before communication with a new client...

That's not how Fiverr works. Reviews are blind so that they can be fair on both sides. You're leaving a review as a seller based on the experience YOU had with the buyer, not based upon whether or not they said nice things about you in their review. Blind reviews make order reviews more fair for everyone.

After all, if you're too much smart or dumb, they will hunt you down definitely  ...

I have no idea how to respond to this. Yikes!

At the ending time i want to say : BUYER IS ALWAYS RIGHT HERE.

No, they are not. The terms of your order are always right. The buyer is not entitled to anything beyond those terms which he/she agreed to when he/she placed their order. Once again, don't let the buyer take advantage of you!

5 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Then say "no" and stand by it. You have the power to stand up for your work.

Yes. I've but once i say no it will end on cancel the order... And cancelling order will hamper order competition rate... Once it 80%, whola you're going to lose your level... Isn't that amazing?

Then let them. If you give in to foolish threats like this, YOU allow bad buyers to take advantage of you. Say no. Don't let them take advantage of you!

Yes. I agree with you in this case... Cancel order is better than bad review...

This is a terrible way to view the review system. If you have been dealing with a bad buyer, then it's a pretty good bet that they are going to leave a bad review. If this is the case, then you have the ability to leave them an appropriate review as well. And if a buyer does leave a bad review, you always have the chance to respond to that review, and share your side of the story.

Yes... Sorry, But i see it in this way... That hidden review will affect on the gig... It will lose it's rank... May not appear in search result...

Again, You can respond to the live review but not in a hidden review... Buyer's have not enough time to see your story... They will just check previous work and previous clients review... is it good? or not and that for only a glance... There are so many seller in same category

That's not how Fiverr works. Reviews are blind so that they can be fair on both sides. You're leaving a review as a seller based on the experience YOU had with the buyer, not based upon whether or not they said nice things about you in their review. Blind reviews make order reviews more fair for everyone.

I know that's not the way it works in FIVERR... Just one of my thought i share...

I have no idea how to respond to this. Yikes!

😄 😄 

No, they are not. The terms of your order are always right. The buyer is not entitled to anything beyond those terms which he/she agreed to when he/she placed their order. Once again, don't let the buyer take advantage of you!

It's also one of my opinion according to the order cancel issue... But not from other matter... They supports better I know...

42 minutes ago, sheikhmahamud said:

Yes... Sorry, But i see it in this way... That hidden review will affect on the gig... It will lose it's rank... May not appear in search result...

Again, You can respond to the live review but not in a hidden review... Buyer's have not enough time to see your story... They will just check previous work and previous clients review... is it good? or not and that for only a glance... There are so many seller in same category

One drop in your metrics isn't automatically going to send you to the back of search results. Let's get real here for a moment. Freelance work isn't always going to end in positive outcomes. There are too many variables that can ultimately lead to a Buyer cancelling an order, even if you do everything right. There's no way to get 100% on all metrics and 5-star reviews across the board forever.

The response to a review isn't meant for the current buyer. It's there to show future buyers how you handle negative feedback. If your response is defensive and accusatory, then future buyers will take note of that. If you respond in a way that shows you are willing to improve or that you followed your agreement and are willing to work it out with the reviewer in a professional manner, then that's a positive look for you.

And here's a good thought experiment: if a buyer sees a just a few negative reviews in a sea of positive ones but still think you won't do a good job, then do you really want to work with such a buyer?

2 minutes ago, yannisenglish said:

One drop in your metrics isn't automatically going to send you to the back of search results. Let's get real here for a moment. Freelance work isn't always going to end in positive outcomes. There are too many variables that can ultimately lead to a Buyer cancelling an order, even if you do everything right. There's no way to get 100% on all metrics and 5-star reviews across the board forever.

It's not a matter about 5 Star actually... 4 Star is also good... And this ratting should be genuine... But what i mean was gig rank get down while something happen here... Cause in my category work there are so many gigs you know... And At every second someone is doing better than others... So it's a matter...

Something wrong from seller or buyer side make some effect... That's why Fiverr Algorithm work perfectly... And I respect it... Maybe after few days it will be, as it was before...

The response to a review isn't meant for the current buyer. It's there to show future buyers how you handle negative feedback. If your response is defensive and accusatory, then future buyers will take note of that. If you respond in a way that shows you are willing to improve or that you followed your agreement and are willing to work it out with the reviewer in a professional manner, then that's a positive look for you.

I agree with you... Review makes a person turning good day by day...

And here's a good thought experiment: if a buyer sees a just a few negative reviews in a sea of positive ones but still think you won't do a good job, then do you really want to work with such a buyer?

Answer will be no for sure... 

1 hour ago, sheikhmahamud said:

but once i say no it will end on cancel the order...

As a seller, you have to accept or deny all mutual cancellation requests. The buyer cannot process one on his own.

Buyer's have not enough time to see your story... They will just check previous work and previous clients review.

It is unwise to make assumptions like this. You do not know the behavior of all buyers.

1 minute ago, jonbaas said:

As a seller, you have to accept or deny all mutual cancellation requests. The buyer cannot process one on his own.

Yes... Accepting is always good...

1 minute ago, jonbaas said:

It is unwise to make assumptions like this. You do not know the behavior of all buyers.

Yeah i can't know behavior all of them

16 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Wouldn't you want 100% of what you paid for, even if the seller agreed to do it for $5-$10? 

Yes, I want... but if we agreed on.

But in this case, I want to add that they want to complete the work which cost maybe more then $100... But want to pay only $5 to $10... At first they even talk about only basic work which actually cost $5 to $10... But as time pass they will ask for more And that moment you can't deny... Cause he already got his work done and also he have the work file or output... 

Now my question is: Should I ask extra work with same amount they agreed before placing order? while seller is not agreed to do? Shouldn't Buyer Pay extra for that?

I completed many project for my client's,  those are like just awesome... They are professional... You know what I mean... Till now i completed project 435 time...

Above case, I didn't face so many time... But after all, it's an experience...

22 hours ago, sheikhmahamud said:

They know everything... Want to complete work within $5-$10 but they make sure that they get 100% of their work...

Here's an open secret.

Cheapskates are regularly the most overly critical and picky buyers. On Fiverr, many times beggars ARE choosers.

I offered services for $5 for numerous months when starting off. During that time period, I ran into far more "perfectionist" buyers with revision requests than after I moved above the $5 price point. Pricing myself dirt cheap helped me pay my dues and build a portfolio of reviews on the site, but I'm incredibly relieved I don't have to stoop to that level again here.

3 minutes ago, enunciator said:

Here's an open secret.

Cheapskates are regularly the most overly critical and picky buyers. On Fiverr, many times beggars ARE choosers.

That's 100000000000000000000000000000000000000% Right... 

3 minutes ago, enunciator said:

I offered services for $5 for numerous months when starting off. During that time period, I ran into far more "perfectionist" buyers with revision requests than after I moved above the $5 price point. Pricing myself dirt cheap helped me pay my dues and build a portfolio of reviews on the site, but I'm incredibly relieved I don't have to stoop to that level again here.

Your problem is you offer unlimited revisions.  That chains you to the buyer for the rest of your life - and CS won't help you.

Remove all references to unlimited revisions from your gig; put your prices up; indicate on your gig and buyer requirements that all revisions incur an additional fee.

And that moment you can't deny.

Of course you can. That is the opportunity to send them a gig extra and tell them why it was not included in your original quote, and how much you will charge for it. 

2 hours ago, newsmike said:

Of course you can. That is the opportunity to send them a gig extra and tell them why it was not included in your original quote, and how much you will charge for it. 

we both know it but some of them will not accept gig extra... what they do then i already describe above...

You're worrying too much about reviews for someone who has so many and with such a high review score. It's time to stand up for your self. You're a professional: always be polite but firm about what you agreed on. If they want to leave a bad review, you can simply explain in your response what happened. 

Read this:

23 hours ago, smashradio said:

Do you know what I like to do when looking for sellers? 

I check out the ones with a 4.5 - 4.9 rating. Then I look up their lower star reviews to see how they responded to the buyer. If they come across as non-caring, unprofessional or angry, they're out.

If they responded in a professional, constructive and meaningful way to their review, that might get them hired because they handled a less-than-stellar experience well. 

Now stop worrying and don't let customers bully you. You might even think about raising your prices a bit so that they start respecting you even more.

3 hours ago, rachelbostwick said:

You're worrying too much about reviews for someone who has so many and with such a high review score. It's time to stand up for your self. You're a professional: always be polite but firm about what you agreed on. If they want to leave a bad review, you can simply explain in your response what happened. 

Read this:

Now stop worrying and don't let customers bully you. You might even think about raising your prices a bit so that they start respecting you even more.

I misread your post and thought you were saying I'm the one worrying too much about reviews. I was well on my way writing a rant here. 😂

8 hours ago, sheikhmahamud said:

Yes, I want... but if we agreed on.

But in this case, I want to add that they want to complete the work which cost maybe more then $100... But want to pay only $5 to $10... At first they even talk about only basic work which actually cost $5 to $10...

Selling cheap gigs at laughable prices and offering free revisions opens you up to a world of trouble. You've put yourself in that position. Now that you've had a bad experience with it, learn from it, and move on. 

What have we learned? 

• Cheap gigs attracts bad buyers. 
  • Free revisions make bad buyers into flesh-eating dragons. 
  • Bad buyers are no fun to work with. 
  • I don't like dragons. 

Solution? 

• Increase the price. 
  • Don't offer unlimited revisions. 
  • Say no if the buyer tries to take advantage of you. 
  • Agree on everything before the project starts, make sure your buyer also understands what is included and what's not. 
  • Deal with negative reviews appropriately. Tell your side of the story in a professional manner, learn from the feedback and mistakes (even when the feedback is unfair)

Archived