SPAM, Trust Levels and topic "clean up"

mjensen415

On 8/25/2021 at 11:26 PM, vickiespencer said:

Bravo! Bravo!  👏    👏  👏 💐

⬆️ This needs to be said in BIG letters, because I think that many who participate in the FF do so merely to gain gig rank! 🙄

Yes, very correct word. But this types of visitor are increasing day by day. 

• Like 19
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

I got this message after replying to ONE post

😱 So changes were implemented indeed. 

I don’t like this restrictions for posting. Because it also limits genuine people that add to the community. And I still see suddenly 20 “welcome” posts appearing from one person on 20 different topics. 

It limits buyers that would like to tell their story or get answers to their questions. And a lot of buyers come here only for one time when they have a problem, they don’t read forum for days. 

It limit sellers that never used the forum and it’s the first problem they encountered and they can’t even discuss it on the FF because of posts limit. 

I didn’t support it on the last forum and I was pretty upset to see that limit again. There are better ways to deal with spam. 

• Like 24

How hard would it be to just... add a "THIS IS SPAM" reaction and check each day how many "THIS IS SPAM" reactions a given poster got, and issue warnings and bans once someone goes over, y'know, 50 of them? We're all doing this in our heads anyway  😄

I honestly think Reddit's up and down system is so elegantly almost-perfect.

• Like 20
  • Up 4

On 8/26/2021 at 3:23 AM, brave_designer said:

Yes, I absolutely agree with you. As there some seller come to forum only give reactions. Some times i surprise to see the reaction when there is nothing to react. They only come forum everyday to react by serial number comments & leave forum. Is this ever help him to rank the gig? If not so why they did this constantly?  

Absolutely right

• Like 20

On 8/25/2021 at 10:57 PM, mjensen415 said:

Hi Everyone.  I’ve heard your feedback. 

We are in a constant state of what the purpose of the forum is. Recently, there has been an influx of comments and posts that make it very difficult to have meaningful conversations. This is partially due to the migration to the new platform. 

The survey everyone took a few months ago showed me some great feedback about what you’d like to use this platform for. Let's get back to that. 

In the previous forum, we had a system that I’ll call “trust levels”.  These allowed users who had hit certain and specific milestones to unlock new features and posting limits.  The more quality posts and interactions, the more trust you gained. 

Over the next day, I will be adding in these systems again.  As such, a lot of you will see significant reductions in the amount of comments you can post in a given time frame. These levels will NOT affect your ability to leave reactions or read conversations. So please, think before you comment and make sure that you're adding value to the conversation.

Level actions to move up and down include but are not limited to: 
Reputation level, activity, quality of posts, age of account, flags.

Some features that can be unlocked when jumping to a new level:
Post amount per day, new areas to have conversations, creation of polls, profile editing 

I am not going to publish the specifics about the triggers or levels, since there are some actors out there who want to “game” the system. That’s not the point of this forum or system.  If you’re an active, productive, helpful member of this community, you will find no issues or changes to your daily interactions here. 

In addition to these user level changes, you will see some significant changes to the topic and conversation forums. These changes will likely be implemented early next week. 

As I’ve said in the past, and I will continue to say: Your participation here in the forum DOES NOT affect your Fiverr seller Gigs, sales, or rankings in anyway. 

I'm going to leave the comments open below, feel free to leave questions or comments here. I’m also available via PM. 

Thank you for reading! 

-MJ

Thanks for sharing brother 

• Like 16

On 8/25/2021 at 10:57 PM, mjensen415 said:

Hi Everyone.  I’ve heard your feedback. 

We are in a constant state of what the purpose of the forum is. Recently, there has been an influx of comments and posts that make it very difficult to have meaningful conversations. This is partially due to the migration to the new platform. 

The survey everyone took a few months ago showed me some great feedback about what you’d like to use this platform for. Let's get back to that. 

In the previous forum, we had a system that I’ll call “trust levels”.  These allowed users who had hit certain and specific milestones to unlock new features and posting limits.  The more quality posts and interactions, the more trust you gained. 

Over the next day, I will be adding in these systems again.  As such, a lot of you will see significant reductions in the amount of comments you can post in a given time frame. These levels will NOT affect your ability to leave reactions or read conversations. So please, think before you comment and make sure that you're adding value to the conversation.

Level actions to move up and down include but are not limited to: 
Reputation level, activity, quality of posts, age of account, flags.

Some features that can be unlocked when jumping to a new level:
Post amount per day, new areas to have conversations, creation of polls, profile editing 

I am not going to publish the specifics about the triggers or levels, since there are some actors out there who want to “game” the system. That’s not the point of this forum or system.  If you’re an active, productive, helpful member of this community, you will find no issues or changes to your daily interactions here. 

In addition to these user level changes, you will see some significant changes to the topic and conversation forums. These changes will likely be implemented early next week. 

As I’ve said in the past, and I will continue to say: Your participation here in the forum DOES NOT affect your Fiverr seller Gigs, sales, or rankings in anyway. 

I'm going to leave the comments open below, feel free to leave questions or comments here. I’m also available via PM. 

Thank you for reading! 

-MJ

nice

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

Ok. So changes were made. Did it help? No. The forum is still filled to the brim with pointless topics. Its impossible to enjoy the forum when it's 90% garbage posts you can barely understand. There's just as much being posted to the wrong categories. I'm sorry, but it wasn't enough. 

i-have-dreamed-a-dream-but-now-that-dream-is-gone-from-me.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 4

This obviously isn't working. I hit "Unread" this morning and see 30 posts from the same person with meaningless one- or two-word replies. 

Time for Fiverr to try a new anti-spam method. Let posters report spam and penalize the people who do it frequently? Add voting up and down arrows to all topics like in the Questions section? If people get too many down arrows, they can't post?

• Like 16
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, melanielm said:

This obviously isn't working. I hit "Unread" this morning and see 30 posts from the same person with meaningless one- or two-word replies. 

Time for Fiverr to try a new anti-spam method. Let posters report spam and penalize the people who do it frequently? Add voting up and down arrows to all topics like in the Questions section? If people get too many down arrows, they can't post?

The problem with up and down-voting in the questions section is that posts are "physically" moved because of it. It creates an incoherent conversation. 

I have an idea, though. The moderators who are paid to keep this forum clean clearly aren't doing a good job, otherwise you wouldn't have so many regulars complaining about the state of things. So how about adding a new rank to the forum? Call it "operator" or something (I know, I miss the IRC days), and give that role the option to hide any topic/post from the front page of the forum that isn't conducive to the quality of the forum or actual questions. Let the operators move posts to their correct category as well. Banning/warning people could still be a moderator only tool. Let the operators have a direct line of communication with the moderators. 

GIve this role to people who have been on the forum for a long time, who contributes to the community on a regular basis, and who has shown themselves worthy of it. 

Give the community back to its users, instead of some invisible team of moderators! 

• Like 25
  • Up 12
  • Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 4:01 PM, smashradio said:

So how about adding a new rank to the forum? Call it "operator" or something (I know, I miss the IRC days), and give that role the option to hide any topic/post from the front page of the forum that isn't conducive to the quality of the forum or actual questions. Let the operators move posts to their correct category as well.

Soooo... 

• Like 24
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

I see a lot of people who used to contribute good quality stuff but were new-ish not being able to participate anymore because of this limits. I’m bummed out 😞 

and tips for sellers category is still a total mess. 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 23
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Such a great initiative to keep the forum neat and clean. Hopefully soon the forum will become more clean and junk comment free topics which will give more value to everyone who want to follow a topic with valuable comments. 

Thanks for it. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...