SPAM, Trust Levels and topic "clean up"

mjensen415

On 8/25/2021 at 10:57 PM, mjensen415 said:

Hi Everyone.  I’ve heard your feedback. 

We are in a constant state of what the purpose of the forum is. Recently, there has been an influx of comments and posts that make it very difficult to have meaningful conversations. This is partially due to the migration to the new platform. 

The survey everyone took a few months ago showed me some great feedback about what you’d like to use this platform for. Let's get back to that. 

In the previous forum, we had a system that I’ll call “trust levels”.  These allowed users who had hit certain and specific milestones to unlock new features and posting limits.  The more quality posts and interactions, the more trust you gained. 

Over the next day, I will be adding in these systems again.  As such, a lot of you will see significant reductions in the amount of comments you can post in a given time frame. These levels will NOT affect your ability to leave reactions or read conversations. So please, think before you comment and make sure that you're adding value to the conversation.

Level actions to move up and down include but are not limited to: 
Reputation level, activity, quality of posts, age of account, flags.

Some features that can be unlocked when jumping to a new level:
Post amount per day, new areas to have conversations, creation of polls, profile editing 

I am not going to publish the specifics about the triggers or levels, since there are some actors out there who want to “game” the system. That’s not the point of this forum or system.  If you’re an active, productive, helpful member of this community, you will find no issues or changes to your daily interactions here. 

In addition to these user level changes, you will see some significant changes to the topic and conversation forums. These changes will likely be implemented early next week. 

As I’ve said in the past, and I will continue to say: Your participation here in the forum DOES NOT affect your Fiverr seller Gigs, sales, or rankings in anyway. 

I'm going to leave the comments open below, feel free to leave questions or comments here. I’m also available via PM. 

Thank you for reading! 

-MJ

The decision should get 1000 salutes.

• Like 22

On 8/26/2021 at 5:19 AM, disha_nauar said:

Finally I can see the comment section with no bot replies or spams! This step was really necessary. THANKS A BUNCH!

Where? I have not noticed a difference and now it is 4 days later. Even in this thread about 🤖posts there are spam posts. It is sad. 

• Like 22
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Where? I have not noticed a difference and now it is 4 days later. Even in this thread about 🤖posts there are spam posts. It is sad.

Ahh.....seems like this is something we can't stop 😣

• Like 24

3 minutes ago, dollyhuque said:

believe we can minimize spam posts and return this forum to its former glory.

So you remember the glory of the former Fiverr Forum? What did you like best about it. I liked that the shepards of the FF removed posts that broke the rules quickly. 

• Like 35

12 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

So you remember the glory of the former Fiverr Forum? What did you like best about it. I liked that the shepards of the FF removed posts that broke the rules quickly. 

... and my least favourite bit was the way strong female voices were targetted and removed ...

Edited by coerdelion
  • Like 24
  • Up 7

14 minutes ago, coerdelion said:

strong female voices were targetted and removed ...

Still seems to be a narrative. Giving warning for something that was already approved and at the same time leaving endless duplicated spam messages and topics all over the forum. 
Yay sure let’s all get excited of no spam changes coming. 

• Like 22
  • Up 8

Yep, looks like everything is still exactly the same.

Why can't we report/hide comments like we used to in the old forum? Why did they get rid of such a helpful tool? And then people with x number of reports would be suspended from participating for x time.

Am I crazy or is this a super easy solution?!

Edited by zerlina84
  • Like 30
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

You can report them. However, if the sheperds of the Fiverr Forum deem them to be not in line with community guidelines then it takes about 24 hours for them to be deleted. 

Yes, but the old way seemed much more effective, they would be hidden after 2 reports, wasn't it? If I remember correctly it didn't need an official mod to do something, it was enough if 2 people deemed it irrelevant... moderating as a community would make mods' lives so much easier.

Edited by zerlina84
  • Like 28