Jump to content

Fiverr is a joke!


Recommended Posts

Lol. No offence, been getting stupid and useless messages on my gigs and I am happy no one has even ordered because it's crazy how people want you to work for peanuts. Recently created a character Rigging gig, even though I charge really low for what I may give the client, I still get alot of stupid poor orders. I will have to put my account to away because fiverr is too saturated and too poor for you to actually make a living. I get it, there are people commanding 30 orders in que, but at the end you figure out you're working way too much. Unless you're outsourcing ofcourse. With the way this website is saturated with low ballers, I wonder what happens to this site in the next 5 years to come. Recently checked the buyer request and saw 350 offers sent for a 10$ job, it is finished.🤣

  • Like 11
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chester48 said:

With the way this website is saturated with low ballers

There are sellers on fiverr that sell their gigs for 1000$, 5000$, 12000$ and more just for one job. 
But of course there always will be more people offering low prices, including yourself 😉

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

There are sellers on fiverr that sell their gigs for 1000$, 5000$, 12000$ and more just for one job. 
But of course there always will be more people offering low prices, including yourself 😉

Yes, I offer low prices on some of my gigs not all. I charge 1000 for Most of my premium gigs. When I talk about low seller, I don't mean low from 100$. There are people that 1000$ a month is not enough to pay for rent. So they can charge higher, I'm talking about people who their money are less yet they still charge peanuts. And trust me I add extra in the gig like license, extra stuffs😉

Edited by chester48
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, chester48 said:

There are people that 1000$ a month is not enough to pay for rent. So they can charge higher

So it could be the people who are offering cheaper cause their expense is not that much!.

 

Unfortunately, I don't agree with any of these. Cheap pricing is a competitive business strategy to get more orders hence more income.

Also, I will say that, each price has his own customers/audience and competitors.

And only those audience/customers go to them.

 

So it's not related to seller actually. You have to understand the audience for different prices and you have to select to whom you will target to work with.

You can read some more details at 

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

So it could be the people who are offering cheaper cause their expense is not that much!.

 

Unfortunately, I don't agree with any of these. Cheap pricing is a competitive business strategy to get more orders hence more income.

Also, I will say that, each price has his own customers/audience and competitors.

And only those audience/customers go to them.

 

So it's not related to seller actually. You have to understand the audience for different prices and you have to select to whom you will target to work with.

You can read some more details at 

 

 

You are right, but not every gig is $5- 10 order work. Maybe for voice overs it really easy to do so. Perhaps copy-writing. But not from animation come on guys

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chester48 said:

You are right, but not every gig is $5- 10 order work. Maybe for voice overs it really easy to do so. Perhaps copy-writing. But not from animation come on guys

I agree with you.

I don't believe an skilled animator will provide the service with $5-$10.

However, as I said, a buyers from $100 standard, will not fall in love the the service of $10.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chester48 said:

Lol. No offence, been getting stupid and useless messages on my gigs and I am happy no one has even ordered because it's crazy how people want you to work for peanuts. Recently created a character Rigging gig, even though I charge really low for what I may give the client, I still get alot of stupid poor orders. I will have to put my account to away because fiverr is too saturated and too poor for you to actually make a living. I get it, there are people commanding 30 orders in que, but at the end you figure out you're working way too much. Unless you're outsourcing ofcourse. With the way this website is saturated with low ballers, I wonder what happens to this site in the next 5 years to come. Recently checked the buyer request and saw 350 offers sent for a 10$ job, it is finished.🤣

Yes it is over saturated, and it is really hard to grow on Fiverr, but you miss a point, you will earn more than your need if you are good at what you do, most sellers really deliver poor products.

Edited by az_design1
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chester48 said:

fiverr is too saturated and too poor for you to actually make a living.

I know quite a few people who make a good living here on Fiverr. Please do not make assumptions, based only upon your own experiences.

2 hours ago, chester48 said:

With the way this website is saturated with low ballers, I wonder what happens to this site in the next 5 years to come.

To be honest, since online work is becoming extremely popular, I think Fiverr will be even bigger, and more successful in five years.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I'd never say that my job on here is easy (writing DRAINS me... then again, work tends to do that!) I do earn enough that I took last week off to volunteer on an island and I will NOT suffer (...much...) from it. Sure, it WAS volunteering - but my point is that it can happen. I do find that when my prices were lower, I had many more clients who wanted everything and the Moon for 5 bucks. 

I do avoid BR (well, visit it for the odd laugh!) though. My point is - Fiverr can be frustrating, but it's not ALL bad (however, it's certainly not roses and unicorns either. It's got its flaws and NEEDS tons of improvement but it works (somewhat.)

 I'd raise your prices and see if that can help (but honestly, the platform might just not be ideal for the type of work you do (or even just you.) I've had several jobs I wasn't great at just because of my clumsiness (...yeah.) so it happens! 

  • Like 4
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chester48 said:

Lol. No offence, been getting stupid and useless messages on my gigs and I am happy no one has even ordered because it's crazy how people want you to work for peanuts. Recently created a character Rigging gig, even though I charge really low for what I may give the client, I still get alot of stupid poor orders. I will have to put my account to away because fiverr is too saturated and too poor for you to actually make a living. I get it, there are people commanding 30 orders in que, but at the end you figure out you're working way too much. Unless you're outsourcing ofcourse. With the way this website is saturated with low ballers, I wonder what happens to this site in the next 5 years to come. Recently checked the buyer request and saw 350 offers sent for a 10$ job, it is finished.🤣

If you trust about Your Talent , Skill and Knowledge you can to earn more. Don't watch others. if they want to change their gig they will do. Others never help You or never Give money when you haven't Talent , Skill and Knowledge. Read this. Archive Your targets . 🏆

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, katakatica said:

While I'd never say that my job on here is easy (writing DRAINS me... then again, work tends to do that!) I do earn enough that I took last week off to volunteer on an island and I will NOT suffer (...much...) from it. Sure, it WAS volunteering - but my point is that it can happen. I do find that when my prices were lower, I had many more clients who wanted everything and the Moon for 5 bucks. 

I do avoid BR (well, visit it for the odd laugh!) though. My point is - Fiverr can be frustrating, but it's not ALL bad (however, it's certainly not roses and unicorns either. It's got its flaws and NEEDS tons of improvement but it works (somewhat.)

 I'd raise your prices and see if that can help (but honestly, the platform might just not be ideal for the type of work you do (or even just you.) I've had several jobs I wasn't great at just because of my clumsiness (...yeah.) so it happens! 

Nice. Like I said, there are people who have orders in ques, test they have been here before covid and worked for years, they have returning clients etc. But right off the bat, the quality of poor client's here is too much. For example, I too traveled to a other African country after I got a contract job on another freelance website (Name withdrawn). It was 30$/Hr and it's a contract that will last for 2 years. I have been turning down orders from fiverr ever since a month now because it is not worth it. Fiverr can do better if you understand what I mean.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, az_design1 said:

Yes it is over saturated, and it is really hard to grow on Fiverr, but you miss a point, you will earn more than your need if you are good at what you do, most sellers really deliver poor products.

Even if you're good at what you do, I feel the saturation is now too much that you will be at the bottom of the page. For example, I see animators using vyond and charging over 500$ to create 60sec video. It's crazy, I can even do that for free. It is nothing because no skill is even utilised, every animation is already pre rendered. I too had to create a gig and use a template, of course if you can't beat them sometimes you join them, but still maintaining your quality gigs.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, chester48 said:

Even if you're good at what you do, I feel the saturation is now too much that you will be at the bottom of the page. For example, I see animators using vyond and charging over 500$ to create 60sec video. It's crazy, I can even do that for free. It is nothing because no skill is even utilised, every animation is already pre rendered. I too had to create a gig and use a template, of course if you can't beat them sometimes you join them, but still maintaining your quality gigs.

Here is what you can do, choose a good niche, which has 2 qualities , it doesn't have many level 2 seller you could find proper title with adjective to niche it down, 2nd that niche get orders as well use buyer request wisely, try to find client outside Fiverr Linkedin and Twitter worked for me, and when you get a client do your best to satisfy him/her, all the best, and don't lower your price too much.

Edited by az_design1
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, az_design1 said:

Here is what you can do, choose a good niche, which has 2 qualities , it doesn't have many level 2 seller you could find proper title with adjective to niche it down, 2nd that niche get orders as well use buyer request wisely, try to find client outside Fiverr Linkedin and Twitter worked for me, and when you get a client do your best to satisfy him/her, all the best, and don't lower your price too much.

I am not really interested in working on fiverr. I already have a contract and most of this fixed jobs are Just time consuming at the end you figure out you could have made more if you where doing an hourly work.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chester48 said:

I am not really interested in working on fiverr. I already have a contract and most of this fixed jobs are Just time consuming at the end you figure out you could have made more if you where doing an hourly work.

Alright then, I wish you good fortune in near future then, good luck.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...