Can I send an offer for Extras when I've already delivered the order?

alexocafilm

Question

Hi everyone, so I have an ongoing video order. Initially, the buyer placed an order for a single 15-min video, but long story short--the raw files totaled to more than an hour and more than I could reasonably cut down. So after a few messages, the buyer and I agreed on making it two separate videos: Part 1 and Part 2. Since the payment's been made and cancelling sucks, I figured that the best way of going about this was that I'll deliver Part 1 like any order, which will effectively mean that the delivery has been made and the 3-day autocomplete countdown will start unless the buyer asks for revisions. Then I'll just send the offer for Part 2 through the "Offer More Extras" button with additional cost and an added 3-day delivery time.

My question is: Can I send an offer for Extras AFTER delivering Part 1, and if I can, will the autocomplete timer still continue or will it revert to a normal order countdown?

Sorry if my explanation isn't clear enough. This is the first time I've ever had to use the "offer more extras" haha but thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

In this case, I would suggest making a new custom offer for Part 2, rather than using extras. 

In addition to the best solution offered above, I would like to recommend you to be EXTREMELY careful with these extras. 

When you add an extra, you need to count time from the initial delivery date; otherwise, it can be easily marked as late. 

For example, let's imagine you delivered your order on August 15 (and it was the deadline). If you send an Extra offer with the duration of 3 days on August 17, and your buyer accepts it, the final delivery date will be August 18. If your buyer accepts it on August 19, your order will be marked as late, and there's nothing you can do with it. 

So, it's always the best choice to create another order. 

On 8/24/2021 at 12:40 PM, alexocafilm said:

Can I send an offer for Extras AFTER delivering Part 1, and if I can, will the autocomplete timer still continue or will it revert to a normal order countdown?

Once I had an order completed by the buyer, and he was still able to accept my extra. 

He was extremely furious because he couldn't contact me (order was completed at that time), while I just thought that he left me a tip 😁

Archived