A cancelled order

lora987123

Hello, community!

I am relatively new in here with completed just 2 orders. The first one was all good, customer was happy and so was I. But right now I've experienced a really disappointing attitude from the second customer. First he bargained about the price and then when I agreed on a lower price, he even had some additional requirements regarding the deal. I know I shouldn't complain about this since we've agreed on the deal but I guess it should be said in this case. I did everything as he required and when I delivered he started complicating. The gig was about performing and recording music on a classical instrument (harp). He said he is happy with the playing and arrangement but he stated that there was background noise in the record I've sent, in his opinion - a TV noise (???), which wasn't true at all. Then he marked my delivery as "incomplete, partial, or an empty" and it got cancelled, although I did everything he asked for. I got a warning and I don't feel like this is fair since I put a lot of work into it - he asked for 2 different arrangements, performances + video which I did it in the best way I could have. How should I deal with it? Customer states a fact that is completely not true and order gets cancelled anyway. Is there any way Fiverr protects sellers or just customers?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

It is very sad if someone has to do the work of such a complex client. In this case, it would be better to resolve it through discussion with client. Hope that you will find some good clients for whom your mind will be good. you need to be more tactful and careful so that you do not have to face such embarrassing situation in the future. best wishes. thanks

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lora987123 said:

Hello, community!

I am relatively new in here with completed just 2 orders. The first one was all good, customer was happy and so was I. But right now I've experienced a really disappointing attitude from the second customer. First he bargained about the price and then when I agreed on a lower price, he even had some additional requirements regarding the deal. I know I shouldn't complain about this since we've agreed on the deal but I guess it should be said in this case. I did everything as he required and when I delivered he started complicating. The gig was about performing and recording music on a classical instrument (harp). He said he is happy with the playing and arrangement but he stated that there was background noise in the record I've sent, in his opinion - a TV noise (???), which wasn't true at all. Then he marked my delivery as "incomplete, partial, or an empty" and it got cancelled, although I did everything he asked for. I got a warning and I don't feel like this is fair since I put a lot of work into it - he asked for 2 different arrangements, performances + video which I did it in the best way I could have. How should I deal with it? Customer states a fact that is completely not true and order gets cancelled anyway. Is there any way Fiverr protects sellers or just customers?

I am sorry you had to deal with a difficult customer. But sooner or later we all have to deal with one.

Looking back I only had to deal with a such customer once and it was when I was fairly new to the platform. Like in your case he quoted a considerably lower price to the ones I advertised and he was complaining all the time, not to mention the mountain of revisions. I learned my lesson though. Never lower your price no matter what. If you don't value your work nobody will.

I found your music to be really good btw. So find some new orders and things will start rolling in again.

Edited by weareartfull
  • Like 4

Please contact customer support and show them that you have done according to your client demand. So, you do not want to refund. I think they will discuss about with you and give a proper solution.

By the way, one question, is that happened (cancelation) by fiverr support or you accepted dispute? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, weareartfull said:

I am sorry you had to deal with a difficult customer. But sooner or later we all have to deal with one.

Looking back I only had to deal with a such customer once and it was when I was fairly new to the platform. Like in your case he quoted a considerably lower price to the ones I advertised and he was complaining all the time, not to mention the mountain of revisions. I learned my lesson though. Never lower your price no matter what. If you don't value your work nobody will.

I found your music to be really good btw. So find some new orders and things will start rolling in again.

Wise words here 🙂 You are so right. Thank you!

• Like 1