Report a Buyer Request

helenabester

Question

"Seeking: writer to write 50,000 words of lore in 30 days for a vampire worldbuilding project. Will need to write places, groups and the like for this world. Budget is $66/£50, cannot go over that. Word count is 50,000, not going any lower Please read the attached doc and add the code word so I know you read the file."

The above buyers request has been cycling for months now on the Buyers Request section.   The Buyer posts 3-4 times per day.   The attached doc is very strongly worded - THIS IS THE PRICE, THIS IS THE WORD COUNT.   

It is real irritating!   It feels like a scam to me - why would anyone post the same request over and over and over?   Can this be investigated and where can we report suspicious buyers requests?   I think it will make the community much better if it was possible to do so. 

1 answer to this question

3 minutes ago, helenabester said:

THIS IS THE PRICE, THIS IS THE WORD COUNT.   

At some point, the doc said 'actually, this is volunteer work, but you have to get 2000 words done every day, etc. etc'. It's either a scam or just someone genuinely desperate thinking they'll find the 'right' fit at some point. Unfortunately, the only way I've found the report BRs has been through CS - and even then, the people kept posting on the site for a very long time (even though I was told that they'd be investigated). I was also told to just block them but - how? (the person I reported was the - very cool person (not) looking for dubious content possibly involving minors... 

I don't check BR that often but I see more 'weird' ones than good ones - and I'm not sure just... what we can do other than ignore them. 

• Like 1