what should a new seller do for his\her first order?

sid_hustle

@sid_hustle Actually, when a person come to freelance marketplace, they never think of vetting people with communication skills. As it's an international marketplace so here communication skill will be at least easy to understand.

The final goal is just get the work done with professional quality, not to have a try.

So buyer usually check the gig description and their experience/ratings/feedback and the quality.

And about the buyer request, on each offer, buyer can easily understand the quality from his offer details.

Now if someone pretend to be good at English by copying/using template but he can't communicate well, it mean he just scammed the buyer.

11 hours ago, newsmike said:

This is business. No one is going to take time to babysit people from 1 country prior to ordering. Not when there are thousands of sellers who are capable of speaking perfect English. I think you should instead be telling your countrymen to get their English skills up to speed, as opposed to asking for coddling of those who have not. 

Thats reasonable.  Totally agreed. No one here to spend their valuable time without any result. So, the sellers themselves have to improve their skills. 

On 8/24/2021 at 10:59 PM, sid_hustle said:

I have seen that some new freelancer from Bangladesh made their profile on Fiverr. but they don't get orders. one of the most important reasons is not knowing English. many buyers think that new sellers are not skillful and they don't want to give them the work. but I think buyers should talk with the new seller and justify their communication skills. and understand each other then giving him/her the work. what do you think?

Why should I, as a buyer, take time out of my day, to vet a new seller, unless there are no good alternatives among the top rated, level 2s or even level 1s? If I'm going to hire a new seller, they better have an excellent video, gig description, and an offer too good to refuse. 

If I'm spending my money on Fiverr, I'm doing a business transaction. It's the sellers job to market themselves correctly, not mine. 

You wouldn't go into a store where you had to perform the quality control of every product before you buy it. You would expect the shop to have systems in place for that sort of thing. 

Fiverr is similar: the review-system and level system is there to help do exactly that. 

I'm not interested in spending an hour talking to different sellers, just to vet their communication skills. 

But you're absolutely right saying that English skills are important to get work. Without it, you're stuck. 

On 8/25/2021 at 5:03 AM, newsmike said:

It is an unreasonable expectation for sellers to take extra time to vet Bangladeshi sellers to see if they can communicate. It is more the responsibility of the seller to be proficient in the first place. Many of their gigs are in horrid English, so buyers will simply skip them. A number also have gig descriptions that have been written for them by someone fluent in English, but when they interact with buyers, (or come to the forum to complain about not getting sales) they reveal that they have very poor English skills. 

▶️I read your every comment. You are right to know English as well as skills. In this case, nationality is not an issue.
Thanks a lot

55 minutes ago, abgraphicbd said:

I read your every comment. You are right to know English as well as skills. In this case, nationality is not an issue.

The OP was referring to BD sellers only. His point was suggesting that BD sellers deserve extra effort from buyers. I was pointing out that they don't. They should be treated with the same expectations as everyone else. 

Archived