Fiverr Forum: Filter by country

newsmike

This one is tricky/touchy, I get it.
I'm sure some people will be sad/upset about this post, but if you think about it, you are able to filter the sellers based on their countries/number of reviews/status etc, so I COULD say  "why would it be a problem to introduce the same system here in the forum?"

If this system was to be introduced I'm sure a good number of people will be willing to use it right away.
I 1000% admit, I'll be one of the first to hop on the train to Filtertown district of Fiverrland. I've been using the forum for quite some time, and over the years I have tried posting stuff that I believed will help others and I'd like to think that some people did find it helpful, took my advice and put in the time and effort that was needed in order to become successful here. The ones who really needs to read the posts the most are not willing to do so at all.

There were spammers all the time, but recently I do feel like the spam situation has gotten worse, I'd love to use a filter if it existed.

I'm not trying to shut anyone out, there is a difference between filtering and shutting someone out.
The forum is open to everyday, and everybody should be allowed to come and leave/read posts.

I'm just saying it would be nice if I can use the filter. I can always use the unfiltered version to check out all the posts and look for new sellers
who are actually serious.
But again, I am fully aware of how mean this can sound, even racist for some.
BTW, I know I do have the option of not coming to the forum. I know a good number of people who have left, and if I really am tired of all of this I can just leave. Thing is, I do still like hanging out here because some of the posts are actually very funny/entertaining/helpful etc.

It's just that it kinda sucks that I need to weed through so many spam posts to get to the fun and helpful stuff. Sigh.
Sorry if anybody is offended, that is not my intention here.

18 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

But again, I am fully aware of how mean this can sound, even racist for some.

No one sugested filter by race. Fiverr does not even know you race. If I blocked UK, would I not be blocking like 160 races at once? You have to really try hard to make this about race. It is entirely about geography. 

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

It is entirely about geography. 

True, you did not mention race at all and I know what you mean by "geography."
Still I can see someone seeing this as a racist suggestions and would be willing to argue.
( of course I'm sure you're not trying to argue with anyone here, neither am I )

BTW, I never understood pineapples on pizza...who started that thing??

Archived