Insomnia time.. and where I am? on Fiverr :-D

manuelmarino

Hey, insomnia time... a couple of times in a month happens... you know, supporting the family, paying the bills and so on. And sometimes I can't sleep.

So I passed my time where?... but on Fiverr of course! 🙂

I took the chance also to make a couple of system backups. And also I saw for the nth time the first movie of the Back to the Future saga. I saw it probably ten times or more and I love it.

So, what do you do at night, when you can't sleep? 🙂

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nighttime is definitely the time when I’m ‘working’ a lot, and by ‘working’ I mean mainly drawing and writing. There’s always something I can draw, especially since I’m working on a Webtoons story, and I’m a writer on Episode, Wattpad, and Tap, so as you can see there’s always something that I can do. Now that I started school, my time is limited during the day, and there are still times when I want to just relax and watch YouTube/play games, so when I can’t sleep at night, drawing and writing is what I do. 😌

Edited by kai990
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I work until I can't keep my eyes open anymore 😆 But my work is the thing that feels most comfortable to me. I like to play video games, read and write stories, and listen to music, too. But it's sort of like I have to make myself do those things. Work is the default.

I think about this a lot. My dad was diagnosed with narcolepsy in his early fifties. He takes adderall to keep him awake during the day for his government job and then horrific night time medicine to try and help him sleep at nighttime and it barely works. I tend to be most able to focus on my work between like ten and three at night. It also feels good to me to take a 45 minute nap most afternoons. I'm glad to be able to work on my own schedule rather than trying to shoehorn myself into an office job. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

ah about sleeping for few hours... I found some info (don't know if it's true) that submarine sailors sleep just 4 hours, then work for 4 hours, then find the "hot bed" (since there is the same bed for many of them), sleep and again work etc etc. Do you know if it's true or not?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Hi! I also can't sleep sometimes and it is due to my harh schedule and stresful work, but i love the money.  Insomnia can be tough to deal with, but it's great that you found a way to make the most of your sleepless nights by working on Fiverr and watching one of your favorite movies. If you're looking for some sleep advice, I'd recommend checking out www.sleepunderground.com. They have a ton of great tips and resources to help you get a better night's rest. Sweet dreams!

Edited by kotboris1
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2021 at 12:38 PM, manuelmarino said:

So, what do you do at night, when you can't sleep? 🙂

Hey there! It's always tough when insomnia strikes, but it's great to have a backup plan. I also turn to Fiverr to pass the time and sometimes even pick up some freelance work.

I also like to take the opportunity to do some tasks that I don't usually have time for during the day, like cleaning, making my favorite comfort meal, or decluttering my room. It's a nice way to make the most of my "extra" time and be productive in a different way.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I also can't sleep sometimes and it is due to my harh schedule and stresful work, but i love the money.  Insomnia can be tough to deal with, but it's great that you found a way to make the most of your sleepless nights by working on Fiverr and watching one of your favorite movies. If you're looking for some sleep advice, I'd recommend checking out https://www.sleepunderground.com/. They have a ton of great tips and resources to help you get a better night's rest. Sweet dreams!

Edited by kotboris1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1