Is he/she a new Bangladeshi freelancer? Don't worry.

Just now, theratypist said:

There is a poll option when you make a post here in the forum. Although I doubt you will get answers that are truly reflective to the situation because a huge percentage of the members in the forum are sellers.

What are your thoughts about the top rated seller based in India in the same category as you? Luck? Outlier? 

Not Luck. I think because I said lots of US buyer prefer US sellers, everyone immediately think I am playing the victim card. Since Yesterday till this time, I have not slept more than 4hrs. No one becomes a top rated or even Level Two seller on Fiverr based on luck.

It takes grit, sweat, and blood to get there. I'm a level two seller and I've met all the requirements to become a top rated Seller but I wasn't given yet or Fiverr thinks I don't deserve it . Whatever the case may be, I am not angry at all.

Saying location is an advantage is from what I see, I have been able to thrive in spite of my location but that doesn't mean it's still not an advantage.

I don't know how else to explain without everyone thinking I'm trying to play victim. I have never seen myself as a victim, never will, not in this life.

Edited by angela43
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, angela43 said:

Not Luck. I think because I said lots of US buyer prefer US sellers, everyone immediately think I am playing the victim card. Since Yesterday till this time, I have not slept more 4hrs. No one becomes a top rated or even Level Two seller on Fiverr based on luck.

It takes grit, sweat, and blood to get there. I'm a level two seller and I've met all the requirements to become a top rated Seller but I wasn't given yet or Fiverr thinks I don't deserve it . Whatever the case may be, I am not angry at all.

Saying location is an advantage is from what I see, I have been able to thrive in spite of my location but that doesn't mean it's still not an advantage.

I don't know how else to explain without everyone thinking I'm trying to play victim. I have never seen myself as a victim, never will, not in this life.

I did not say you were playing the victim card. I just wanted to know your thoughts about the person based in India who has succeeded on her own front regardless of location even over the US based sellers in the same category. 

You are also successful on your own right. Level 2 is also not an easy feat. 

But like I said, to each his own. We don't have the statistics, everyone has their own opinions on the situation. You are always free to have that notion that location is an advantage. I don't think it is. Agree to disagree, to each his own.

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 2

Just now, theratypist said:

I did not say you were playing the victim card. I just wanted to know your thoughts about the person based in India who has succeeded on her own front regardless of location even over the US based sellers in the same category. 

You are also successful on your own right. Level 2 is also not an easy feat. 

But like I said, to each his own. We don't have the statistics, everyone who has their own opinions on the situation. You are always free to have that notion that location is an advantage. I don't think it is. Agree to disagree, to each his own.

That's it. Thanks 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 11:48 AM, zanrakim said:

But many buyers does not work with Bangladeshi people due to some unskilful people. Actually this is the guilty of these people who do not skilled in work but have opened their account on marketplaces for earning money...

Another poster said once that the BD government is telling people to sign up to freelance sites, and just offer work. Kind of suggesting that they don't care about quality, just getting tax revenue in the door. Is any of that possibly true? I ask because the floodgates from BD opened all of a sudden. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, angela43 said:

I'm only saying there's an advantage of location if you're from a certain country. The reason is because those places have been vetted and they are trusted so it kind of affect the way individuals from that places are perceived. 

Oh, the reasons can be many. Maybe the buyer is looking for someone who's in the same time zone. Maybe they need someone who is familiar with a certain culture and knows how to create something that would appeal to that culture.

Plus living in the USA can be a disadvantage for some; I've seen American sellers complaining that they can't compete against cheap sellers from certain countries. They're wrong, but that's how they feel.

1 hour ago, angela43 said:

I know Russia is between Europe and Asia and that's why I said Eurasia. If you think am wrong, let me know where Russia is. Thanks

@maitasunisn't from Russia, she's from Venezuela.

• Like 5

Just now, catwriter said:

Oh, the reasons can be many. Maybe the buyer is looking for someone who's in the same time zone. Maybe they need someone who is familiar with a certain culture and knows how to create something that would appeal to that culture.

Plus living in the USA can be a disadvantage for some; I've seen American sellers complaining that they can't compete against cheap sellers from certain countries. They're wrong, but that's how they feel.

@maitasunisn't from Russia, she's from Venezuela.

Oh sorry, I thought I tagged the person from Russia. 

• Like 1

There is no limitation in nationalities. If there was an issue with region and nationalities, then no on could get success on Fiverr.

Freelancer get hired on Fiverr based on their service quality. And its normal that new seller will get less sell, or even will take time to get their First order. But from my experience, I can strightly say that, everyone will get an order.

If seller can write good gigis, prepare his profile and gigs properly, then he or she will get order for sure. Its seller job to make his service listing appealing to byer.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, angela43 said:

I know Russia is between Europe and Asia and that's why I said Eurasia. If you think am wrong, let me know where Russia is. 

I know I said I would be keeping my thoughts to myself, but...

Well, you see, I clearly stated I am Venezuelan, and Venezuela isn't part of Russia. In fact, it's nowhere near to it. It's on the other side of the pond...

Sunny Venezuela is a tropical country located at the northern end of South America and bathed by the Caribbean waters.

4 hours ago, angela43 said:

Thanks

Anytime.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

21 minutes ago, maitasun said:

Venezuela isn't part of Russia

Imagine waking up and realizing it is 😁

5 hours ago, angela43 said:

Would you prefer to ride this now?  

Of course! It's a retro car. 

5 hours ago, angela43 said:

Those cars you're trying to compare

I compared two identical cars. China just sold some obsolete manufacturing equipment (it happens in my country as well). It's called Complete Knock Down. This car was popular in China in 2015-17.

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Up 1

Just now, maitasun said:

I know I said I would be keeping my thoughts to myself, but...

Well, you see, I clearly stated I am Venezuelan, and Venezuela isn't part of Russia. In fact, it's nowhere near to it. It's on the other side of the pond...

Sunny Venezuela is a tropical country located at the northern end of South America and bathed by the Caribbean waters.

Anytime.

I know Venezuela isn't in Russia. Thats not a new Knowledge to me.

Just now, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Imagine waking up and realizing it is 😁

Of course! It's a retro car. 

I compared two identical cars. China just sold some obsolete manufacturing equipment (it happens in my country as well). It's called Complete Knock Down. This car was popular in China in 2015-17.

I already said I'm not referring to the Person from Venezuela. I don't know why y'all are acting like I don't know what I'm talking about. Venezuela is not in Russia and that's not a new knowledge to me. If I dish out to you, what you guys just did now, you will be offended. I don't take kindly to your reply.

Post edit: I went back to the conversation and saw that she said "She doesn't want to know what a Venezuelan has to say "

Another person said  "Or Russian "

I was referring to the Person that Said or Russian and I kept repeating myself it was like I don't know what I'm saying. 

I felt it was a mocking reply and I don't want to go down that road. 

Edited by angela43
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, angela43 said:

already said I'm not referring to the Person from Venezuela.

My joke was for @maitasun and it was in no way intended to offend you. I understand that people have different opinions and it's 100% fine. 

Talking about the rest of my comment, I just shared my opinion about the cars. So, I don't really understand your reaction. 

In order to avoid further misunderstanding I think it's better to agree to disagree. 

I wish you all the best 😊

• Like 3
  • Up 1

Just now, vovkaslovesnyy said:

My joke was for @maitasun and it was in no way intended to offend you. I understand that people have different opinions and it's 100% fine. 

Talking about the rest of my comment, I just shared my opinion about the cars. So, I don't really understand your reaction. 

In order to avoid further misunderstanding I think it's better to agree to disagree. 

I wish you all the best 😊

That reply didn't meet me well. I kept saying I was referring to the Person that said "Or Russian". I am not referring to the person from Venezuela. 

• Like 1

Back to the topic of Bangladeshi sellers... One was recently banned from Fiverr, for using stolen design (including stealing a gig image from another Bangladeshi seller, a TRS) and plagiarized gig descriptions.

So... Should buyers hire Bangladeshi sellers? That TRS, yes. Seems like a really good one. But those who plagiarize and steal from their own countrymen, definitely not.

In other words, be honest, folks, offer only what you're good at (if you're not good at anything yet, learn and practice), and buyers will buy from you, and praise you, and happily come back.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Keeping in mind the current situation in the world, news, sanctions and all other things, I should have 0 orders from there. So, I don't really think my location was ever taken into account (rarely if ever). 

Aww, Vov, with the current situation in the world you should have zero friends from the US. But here we are emoji game and Fiverr friends. 😊

• Like 6
  • Up 3

God sent everyone into this world with some talent. Everyone is the best and unique from their respective places. Here country, religion does not matter Matter. The matter is how good you are as a human being & how well you are serving in the field of work. Example: seriousness about your profession, quality work, etc. So, respect everyone

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jannat2205 said:

God sent everyone into this world with some talent. Everyone is the best and unique from their respective places. Here country, religion does not matter Matter. The matter is how good you are as a human being & how well you are serving in the field of work. Example: seriousness about your profession, quality work, etc. So, respect everyone

I think on Fiverr you will find that mostly everyone respects each other regardless of religion, but does not respect each other so much if they find the seriousness of their work is lacking. The problem with the influx of new sellers, no matter what country they are from, is that they are trying to get money fast instead of being devoted to learning a skill and learning how to properly use a platform. And this makes all of us look bad as a community. 

• Like 5

Why are people in this thread acting like there's an influx of Bangladeshi sellers, when the most common country is, by far, Pakistan? Just filter sellers by country. The amount of Pakistani sellers is absurd, they dwarf everything else. Including Bangladesh. No ideia why.

As for the countries impact on your business... What I find is that the cheaper the country, the better for you. I'm doing very well, because I'm in Portugal. If I was in the US, I wouldn't be doing so well. You want to have US industry prices, while living in a low cost of living country. So, being in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, can actually be better than in the US, because making $5k a month in those places is incredibly better than in the US. The problem is that most sellers from certain countries have no skills, broken English, don't get western culture, etc. Those who live in cheap countries and are actually skilled and understand what western clients are looking for and how to communicate with them effectively will make a killing. On a country with an average wage of $200 a month, if you can make $2000 a month, you work for 10 years and retire for life. No brainer.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 4

Prejudice exists, but I doubt Fiverr will be the platform for curing this global problem.

That being said, the majority of buyers wouldn't care if the seller was a green, bloopy alien from another dimension if they received excellent service at a price that fits their budget.

If someone isn't receiving the orders they want, they must focus on things they can change: communication skills, service-related skills, marketing techniques, etc. Whining never built a business.

• Like 4

On 8/21/2021 at 11:02 PM, smashradio said:

English isn't my native language. I'm Norwegian. My English is close to fluent. It's not about perfection, but about making ourselves understood and getting to know the cultures we work with. Like avoiding calling people from the west "sir" "madam" "bro" etc. 

You don't have to be fluent. You just have to make an effort. Like you are doing now. I can fully understand what you're saying, and you don't have many typos. That's all it takes: making an effort. 🙂

When an American says, "don't call me 'sir,'" he's not expressing offense. What he's doing is acknowledging you as an equal (even if there is a huge gulf between you, as when it is your boss). It is a way to affirm your value as an individual, and to communicate to you that you do not have to stand on ceremony.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Why are people in this thread acting like there's an influx of Bangladeshi sellers, when the most common country is, by far, Pakistan?

Because new Bangladeshi sellers are posting topics about new Bangladeshi sellers.

I haven't seen any Pakistani doing it.

• Like 1
  • Up 3

9 hours ago, jannat2205 said:

Everyone is the best and unique from their respective places

Quite untrue. Everyone is not the best. The best is the best. Participation trophies should stop in 2nd grade.

• Like 4