Is he/she a new Bangladeshi freelancer? Don't worry.

I'm a Bangladeshi citizen by birth. And i'm proud of my country. I'm a professional freelancer. At the beginning of my job, I've realized that there are many buyers ignore a seller just for being  new or Bangladeshi. I would like to draw your kind attention to fact that there is about 27% of the totall freelancers are Bangladeshi. Statistics proves that we're in the 8th position around the world. So, there is no scope of avoiding Bangladeshi freelancers. Because most of them are industrious, skillful, sincere and creative to their job. so, I assure you all that you don't have to feel any hasitation at the time of hiring a Bangladeshi freelancers to perform your job.  Even If he/she is a new seller, then you can hire him/her. Because there has an experienced guider behind a new  Bangladeshi freelancer. And this guider assists in their every step. 

Thank you.

Edited by jrmasud3252
  • Like 36
  • Confused 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 11

I can see your point. I get that you're proud of your country, and you should be. There's nothing wrong with that. And I don't think nationality has much to do with skills when it comes to freelancers. What I do think will influence wether or not I pick a seller from Bangladesh or a seller from the UK, US or any other country, is communication. Far too many sellers from Bangladesh and other countries have poor English skills. They don't know how to communicate properly. When I'm paying someone to do a job, I want to be sure that they fully understand what I need. Poor grammar and "hello dear sir" are instant turn-offs when I'm looking for a seller to work with. 

When it comes to new sellers, I'd like to point out that, even though the seller might be good, there's no way for me to tell, without first risking my money. Not everyone have the budget or are willing to do that, and will go with trusted sellers who have extensive experience and a proven trackrecord. New sellers don't have that. 

• Like 36
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

I'd also like to add that the trend lately has been that thousands of new sellers from countries like Bangladesh and India are flocking to places like Fiverr, looking for work. Most of them have no talent; they have been told to sign up for Fiverr and make something, but they have absolutely no plan or the skills needed to do so. It ends up with a tons of spam and frustrated people. This is what happens when you have a financial crisis and someone tells an entire people that you can earn quick money online with little to no skills. I don't think that's isolated to Bangladesh, though, and I don't really look at the nationality of a seller; I look at their language skills and if they have a proven track record. I've worked with talented people from Bangladesh many times. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 32
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 3

This is a good point. We, the Bangladeshi Freelancers,  proud to be a Bangladeshi. But many buyers does not work with Bangladeshi people due to some unskilful people. Actually this is the guilty of these people who do not skilled in work but have opened their account on marketplaces for earning money...

I think, They should be skillful first,  then should  come to the marketplace.

• Like 26
  • Up 2

6 minutes ago, zanrakim said:

Yes I agree. There are far too many who thought freelancing is a get rich quick scheme. And did not think of the work you actually have to put in to be good at what you do.

• Like 14
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, zanrakim said:

This is a good point. We, the Bangladeshi Freelancers,  proud to be a Bangladeshi. But many buyers does not work with Bangladeshi people due to some unskilful people. Actually this is the guilty of these people who do not skilled in work but have opened their account on marketplaces for earning money...

I don't think it's the skills, as much as it is the reputation for spamming and poor communication. If you want to be successful you have to be good at communication. Learn and use proper English. If you do, I don't think the nationality has much to do with it. 

I also think that the self-congratulatory stuff on the forum reflects an attitude where a lot of Bangladeshi sellers will accept that this goes on, rather than speaking out against it. I work regularly with a designer from Bangladesh. She's perhaps the most professional designer I've met (who doesn't cost a fortune), and she says it makes her sad to see how all the untalented people with no skills are flooding the market with low-quality services, and then encouraging their friends to do the same. 

• Like 19
  • Up 2

Thanks for your logical comment. I've read out your comment with full attention. I fully agree with your views. As English is't our mother tongue, we can't fluently speak or communicate with that. Yes, you're right we should improve our English speaking skills. 

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, jrmasud3252 said:

Thanks for your logical comment. I've read out your comment with full attention. I fully agree with your views. As English is't our mother tongue, we can't fluently speak or communicate with that. Yes, you're right we should improve our English speaking skills. 

English isn't my native language. I'm Norwegian. My English is close to fluent. It's not about perfection, but about making ourselves understood and getting to know the cultures we work with. Like avoiding calling people from the west "sir" "madam" "bro" etc. 

You don't have to be fluent. You just have to make an effort. Like you are doing now. I can fully understand what you're saying, and you don't have many typos. That's all it takes: making an effort. :) 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 20

35 minutes ago, jrmasud3252 said:

I'm a Bangladeshi citizen by birth. And i'm proud of my country. I'm a professional freelancer. At the beginning of my job, I've realized that there are many buyers ignore a seller just for being  new or Bangladeshi. I would like to draw your kind attention to fact that there is about 27% of the totall freelancers are Bangladeshi. Statistics proves that we're in the 8th position around the world. So, there is no scope of avoiding Bangladeshi freelancers. Because most of them are industrious, skillful, sincere and creative to their job. so, I assure you all that you don't have to feel any hasitation at the time of hiring a Bangladeshi freelancers to perform your job.  Even If he/she is a new seller, then you can hire him/her. Because there has an experienced guider behind a new  Bangladeshi freelancer. And this guider assists in their every step. 

Thank you.

absolutely right brother.

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I'd also like to add that the trend lately has been that thousands of new sellers from countries like Bangladesh and India are flocking to places like Fiverr, looking for work. Most of them have no talent; they have been told to sign up for Fiverr and make something, but they have absolutely no plan or the skills needed to do so. It ends up with a tons of spam and frustrated people. This is what happens when you have a financial crisis and someone tells an entire people that you can earn quick money online with little to no skills. I don't think that's isolated to Bangladesh, though, and I don't really look at the nationality of a seller; I look at their language skills and if they have a proven track record. I've worked with talented people from Bangladesh many times. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, smashradio said:

I don't think it's the skills, as much as it is the reputation for spamming and poor communication

Of Course, proper English  communication is essential to communicate with buyers but skillful and creative works are more essential which are valuable to the buyers. Both quality  are essential to be a perfect freelancer. 

• Like 13

45 minutes ago, zanrakim said:

Of Course, proper English  communication is essential to communicate with buyers but skillful and creative works are more essential

Those who can't communicate properly won't get a chance to show their skills and creativity.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

Yes, may be. Thanks again for your pure mentality.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, sayeedakram said:

Discrimination all around so as here also, but I think there are some faults of a couple of Freelancers as well from few nations for which their whole nation is being misrepresented by their faulty deeds.

Absolutely...Sayed.. for making mistakes of a few freelancers the whole nation have to suffer.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Those who can't communicate properly won't get a chance to show their skills and creativity.

Right. As a freelancer one have to earn both Communication skills and work experiences .

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jrmasud3252 said:

Because there has an experienced guider behind a new  Bangladeshi freelancer. And this guider assists in their every step. 

This is a strange and potentially problematic sentence, considering all of the misinformation being parroted all over the forum by those who have been informed by so called expert guiders.

• Like 11
  • Up 4

4 hours ago, jrmasud3252 said:

Even If he/she is a new seller, then you can hire him/her. Because there has an experienced guider behind a new  Bangladeshi freelancer. And this guider assists in their every step. 

Perhaps you and the professional BD freelancers can help us then. The forum and the main platform are flooded with new sellers who do claim to have skills they actually do not. They steal gig descriptions and images from other sellers. They sell stolen logos. They post the same false advice, like "stay online always", even suggesting dishonest ways to do so like browser extensions. We more experienced sellers have corrected them literally thousands of times about these and many other issues. They do not listen. They continue posting false advice, they continue to parrot the bad advice, they argue with TRS sellers who are trying to help them, and ask for prayers instead of taking our advice.

You claim that a few "bad apples" are the problem, but I can tell you that in the forum it is more like 95% of the time when these issue arise, they are from your country, and only a small handfull have actually read and taken the advice of the experts here.

Perhaps you BD sellers should be on the front line of correcting these folks who won't listen to reason. Perhaps you can prepare a response for them in Bengali, as I believe many cannot comprehend English well enough for our advice to even matter. 

We have welcomed sellers from your country who are trying to be honest and hardworking. But many here are trying to nick that quick buck, and don't seem to give a damn how they get that $5 sale. This is evidenced by the many sellers who we tell to search for an answer because it has already been answered hundreds of times, they write back and say. "Tell me how."

They seem to think that you make an account, and money shoots out of your phone. When this doesn't happen, they come here, ask for help. Ignore the help we offer, and then repost the same requests for help.

What can you BD sellers do to help? 

• Like 26
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, smashradio said:

I also think that the self-congratulatory stuff on the forum reflects an attitude where a lot of Bangladeshi sellers will accept that this goes on, rather than speaking out against it. I work regularly with a designer from Bangladesh. She's perhaps the most professional designer I've met (who doesn't cost a fortune), and she says it makes her sad to see how all the untalented people with no skills are flooding the market with low-quality services, and then encouraging their friends to do the same. 

This makes me wonder why we don't see the professional BD sellers reigning in these folks. They say they proud of their country, so why not help get the noob scammers in line if they are reflecting poorly on BD as a whole.

OP said that behind every noob is a guide. I have yet to see any evidence of that. 

• Like 8

On 8/19/2021 at 11:23 AM, mdratanali56 said:

Fiverr is a popular freelancing marketplace where you can earn money by providing services with your skill.

Things you need to do when you join Fiverr as a new sellers

1. Complete your profile 100% correctly
  2. Use a beautiful and interesting profile picture
  3. Add your skills to the profile
  4. Create Gigs according to your Skills, Gigs must be SEO friendly  (no other sellers can copy Gigs) Create Gigs with your own creativity and try to use video in Gigs
  5. Then market the gigs through your social media accounts
  6. Try to stay online more than Fiverr
  7. Send Buyer Request You must write the Buyer Request (will not copy paste)
  8. Use Fiverr Forum
  9. Give the Fiverr Skills test

2 hours ago, newsmike said:

Perhaps you and the professional BD freelancers can help us then. The forum and the main platform are flooded with new sellers who do claim to have skills they actually do not. They steal gig descriptions and images from other sellers. They sell stolen logos. They post the same false advice, like "stay online always", even suggesting dishonest ways to do so like browser extensions. We more experienced sellers have corrected them literally thousands of times about these and many other issues. They do not listen. They continue posting false advice, they continue to parrot the bad advice, they argue with TRS sellers who are trying to help them, and ask for prayers instead of taking our advice.

You claim that a few "bad apples" are the problem, but I can tell you that in the forum it is more like 95% of the time when these issue arise, they are from your country, and only a small handfull have actually read and taken the advice of the experts here.

Perhaps you BD sellers should be on the front line of correcting these folks who won't listen to reason. Perhaps you can prepare a response for them in Bengali, as I believe many cannot comprehend English well enough for our advice to even matter. 

We have welcomed sellers from your country who are trying to be honest and hardworking. But many here are trying to nick that quick buck, and don't seem to give a damn how they get that $5 sale. This is evidenced by the many sellers who we tell to search for an answer because it has already been answered hundreds of times, they write back and say. "Tell me how."

They seem to think that you make an account, and money shoots out of your phone. When this doesn't happen, they come here, ask for help. Ignore the help we offer, and then repost the same requests for help.

What can you BD sellers do to help? 

Thanks for your valuable opinion. Actually I've some misunderstanding. You've opened my eyes. Your every word is like a good advice. I'll try my best to talk with Bangladeshi freelancers based on your comment. In summary I have a request, we'll should cooperate with each others iresspective of nation or country and act like  we are all freelancers and outsourcers live in a country called Virtual World.

• Like 11
  • Up 3