How Many Revisions buyer can take when we offer no Revisions on gig

shahidmalla1337

Question

15 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, shahidmalla1337 said:

Hi Guys, I have a question many Revisions buyer can take when we offer 0 Revisions in gig.

because mostly time, many buyer take invalid revision to keep order on loop. and waste too much time by asking 100's of questions. 

It seems they can ask for as many as they want from some of the stories we get on here

2 hours ago, nabiha_masood said:

They can take as many as they like. It is one of their rights to get delivered what they actually want. 

I think its good to have buyer asks for revision than giving a bad rating or review... 🙂

sorry but I don't agree with it but that doesn't mean we do additional work free of cost and they keep asking additional work in every revision 

1 minute ago, shahidmalla1337 said:

sorry but I don't agree with it but that doesn't mean we do additional work free of cost and they keep asking additional work in every revision 

Buyer may asks as needed. But you will do it free or not, it depends on your business strategy.

**If you think for the changes you should get paid, then you can add-on for additional revisions in your gig, so buyer knows exactly that you have to pay for additional revisions.

So if you buyer asks for a revision, and you think you need to get paid for that, then you can ask him politely to add additional budget for the revision as your gig says no revision.

You can send additional revision gig extra or also a custom gig extra defining the subject and custom amount to your buyer in the order page.

The additional budget will reflect in order's total budget instantly as soon as he accept the offer.

4 minutes ago, shahidmalla1337 said:

That is just how it is... 

Try telling customer service it is stupid they still wont listen

3 minutes ago, drasnia said:

That is just how it is... 

Try telling customer service it is stupid they still wont listen

finally I told buyer just cancel the order and get refund because the time I spend on his project is equal to 20 projects that can be done in same time frame but he just want to keep me in loop and already wasted 15 days. i don't find any better alterative option at the monument so I decided to cancel order. 

2 hours ago, nabiha_masood said:

They can take as many as they like. It is one of their rights to get delivered what they actually want. 

I think its good to have buyer asks for revision than giving a bad rating or review... 🙂

I don't care about bad reviews because I do my work honestly then depend on client to express their experience 

6 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

Buyer may asks as needed. But you will do it free or not, it depends on your business strategy.

**If you think for the changes you should get paid, then you can add-on for additional revisions in your gig, so buyer knows exactly that you have to pay for additional revisions.

So if you buyer asks for a revision, and you think you need to get paid for that, then you can ask him politely to add additional budget for the revision as your gig says no revision.

You can send additional revision gig extra or also a custom gig extra defining the subject and custom amount to your buyer in the order page.

The additional budget will reflect in order's total budget instantly as soon as he accept the offer.

yes you are right, but the problem is client is not willing to pay anything extra for any additional work! 

8 minutes ago, shahidmalla1337 said:

finally I told buyer just cancel the order and get refund because the time I spend on his project is equal to 20 projects that can be done in same time frame but he just want to keep me in loop and already wasted 15 days. i don't find any better alterative option at the monument so I decided to cancel order. 

Completely agree I have cancelled many orders like this.

Buyers like this will never get enough for what they want.. They want to pay $10 and get $250 of work done and even then they aren't happy

They will continue to drain you until they get every last ounce of work and then still be complaining 

Then other customers will come along pay $400 and expect less than the guy who paid $10

8 minutes ago, drasnia said:

Completely agree I have cancelled many orders like this.

Buyers like this will never get enough for what they want.. They want to pay $10 and get $250 of work done and even then they aren't happy

They will continue to drain you until they get every last ounce of work and then still be complaining 

Then other customers will come along pay $400 and expect less than the guy who paid $10

yes you are right! i have also cancelled many orders before but this time i have already cancelled many orders thats why i did many additional work free of cost because  i want to avoid any further cancellation but the work I already completed is worth 2500$ and clients just paid 150

and as you mentioned buyer want to take full advantage of 10$ gig to 400$ work  

5 minutes ago, shahidmalla1337 said:

yes you are right, but the problem is client is not willing to pay anything extra for any additional work! 

This is the problem, in that case if there work is more than simple correction, it's better to inform the buyer that why no revision and ask favor to accept cancellation and get full refund. As who know that no revision, yet he asks for a revision and don't agree to pay, he will give bad review if he has nothing to do without making payment. 

On the other hand, sometimes when client finds that no better output, they feel it's not better to spend more without something really he likes.

I just visited your profile and services, I don't find there should be anything big like that though, as it's fully technical.

I don't know if there is any option to write in gig details: No cancellation!! Once you order, you can't cancel this order whatever it is! 😄

I had the exact same thing recently..

He ordered a one page website and then asked for 4.....

I did the same as you completed 4 pages just to avoid the cancellation.... Then he came back asking for even more and stupid revisions for pages he hadn't even paid for in the first place.

I deleted the whole website so fast he couldn't get another word in and then he was moaning about it being deleted and asking for it back saying he was happy 

17 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

This is the problem, in that case if there work is more than simple correction, it's better to inform the buyer that why no revision and ask favor to accept cancellation and get full refund. As who know that no revision, yet he asks for a revision and don't agree to pay, he will give bad review if he has nothing to do without making payment. 

On the other hand, sometimes when client finds that no better output, they feel it's not better to spend more without something really he likes.

I just visited your profile and services, I don't find there should be anything big like that though, as it's fully technical.

I don't know if there is any option to write in gig details: No cancellation!! Once you order, you can't cancel this order whatever it is! 😄

there is nothing that we can stop anyone from cancellation because buyer have rights to cancel order if they don't get what they want. but the problem is client don't know how to manage his project after deliver and it's not my mistake if they are not technical persons because sometime buyer come to order and even they don't know what is next! 

then they start learning from us! many time i told buyer that we are not teachers here😂 but the simple answer order is not completed then!!!!

On 8/20/2021 at 8:37 PM, shahidmalla1337 said:

there is nothing that we can stop anyone from cancellation because buyer have rights to cancel order if they don't get what they want. but the problem is client don't know how to manage his project after deliver and it's not my mistake if they are not technical persons because sometime buyer come to order and even they don't know what is next! 

then they start learning from us! many time i told buyer that we are not teachers here😂 but the simple answer order is not completed then!!!!

Lol i was here to find solution of the same problem.. But found that i'm not alone..

Same situation i'm in, Buyer requested to make preloader animation, i made it. Now he asked me to put that in his wordpress website. I told him that i am not a developer, but he started insisting.. I made a custom add-on to put the preloader in website. I hired a developer for this and all done..

And then suddenly an idea came in his mind that animation should be fast. so he asked revision. i did it, then he asked for more speed. i did it again, damn he then wants the animation to be on the whole screen.. I did that too.. And then he woke up from his dream and saw that loader is too fast, bring it down to medium speed.. My temper was getting higher , but i have to do it.. And know after 8 to 9 damn revisions he saw that loader is not in the center of safari  browser. So he demanded a revision again.. this stupid buyer know that i'm not a developer, but still he f**king wants me to do that.. And also he started bulling that he will give a detailed review on his experience..

What can i do. That buyer is asking for revisions again and again, and i'm already late (out of time) he is not accepting the work. Seller has no authority to claim anything.

3 hours ago, ashirali786 said:

and i'm already late (out of time)

As long as you made the original delivery on time, revisions can (as of this post's date) go past the deadline without consequence. As for them asking for revisions, you can say that any revisions past what's offered in the gig will cost an additional fee, as long as you didn't put in 'unlimited revisions'. Also, if you haven't already, be SURE to clearly define within the gig itself what does and what does NOT count as a revision. 

Descriptions (DES)

1 )

Do you offer unlimited revisions, 100% money back guarantees, or 100% satisfaction guarantees? DON’T. These are never a good idea. The first two imply that you’re not confident in your work, and all three attract scammers.

*Exception!*

The only exception to this “no unlimited revisions” rule is if you have rock-solid measures in place to protect yourself. See (FAQ) 1, 2, 3. If you go this route, it might be best to only offer unlimited in your highest package. The drop-down menu for revisions goes from 0 to 9, which should normally be plenty for any gig.

When a large and multi-million-dollar business offers money-back guarantee, it’s because they can afford to absorb the cost of a returned good. Freelancers can’t afford to risk loosing a large sale for work already done to the whim of a dissatisfied client. Besides, Fiverr already has a refund system in place, so you don’t need to include it.

While I agree that aiming for 100% satisfaction is great, there are too many witnesses and stories where offering ‘guarantee’ has forced cancellations. If you want to put this in, be very careful of your wording, so that there can be no loophole.

---

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1 ) Every gig that offers revisions needs to mention what revisions include and sometimes what they don’t include. Setting up your boundaries before hand can save you a lot of trouble later.

*For example:*

Q: What qualifies as a revision?

A: If I make an error in the finished job that is clearly in contradiction to the original specifications of the order placed, I will fix the error at no charge. Revisions do not include change orders.

2 ) Q: What is a change order?

A: Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Change_order for more information. Any requests made before the product is delivered to any stage of the project already completed and verified by the buyer will also be treated as a change order.

*But, what is it? Summary, please.*

‘Change order’ or ‘variation order’ is a project management term:

Any modification or change to works agreed in the contract is treated as a variation. These modifications can be divided into three main categories

1. Addition to the work agreed in the contract.
  2. Omission to work agreed in the contract.
  3. Substitution or alteration to work agreed in the contract.

In short, if a buyer’s change to an order costs me, that cost is passed on to the buyer.

3 ) Q: What if I do need a change order?

A: Change orders can be expensive. It’s important that the original project is thorough in details. I can and will charge according to the amount of work that a change will cause, per change order. If this requires starting over from the start, it will constitute the cost of a new project.

Archived