How do revisions work with due dates?

melissahuisman

Question

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, melissahuisman said:

Hi,

I want to add revisions to my gigs but am unsure how they work with due dates. How do you make sure the customer returns the first draft w/ feedback with enough time to make the revisions before the due date?

Thanks,

MH

You get extra time to complete the revisions

But you can't guarantee they will send what they need revising back in a timely fashion..

we see a lot of posts here where clients have asked for revisions and then sent no revision information leaving the sellers in limbo

13 hours ago, drasnia said:

You get extra time to complete the revisions

But you can't guarantee they will send what they need revising back in a timely fashion..

we see a lot of posts here where clients have asked for revisions and then sent no revision information leaving the sellers in limbo

Thanks drasnia,

Mine revision is built into my gig--3 days with 1 revision. Does that mean I get a 4th or 5th extra day? Or does it mean I need to get the file back to my client with a day or two to spare and still revise and deliver within 3 days?

19 minutes ago, melissahuisman said:

Thanks drasnia,

Mine revision is built into my gig--3 days with 1 revision. Does that mean I get a 4th or 5th extra day? Or does it mean I need to get the file back to my client with a day or two to spare and still revise and deliver within 3 days?

The delivery clock only applies to the initial delivery. If they request revisions, you could wait a year to do it. Not that you would want to. Ignore the big red "LATE" if you have already made the first delivery on time. 

It's a good question. As long as you actually "deliver" to the customer within your due date, when they ask for a revision, it doesn't matter how much time it takes. Although the order screen will say "LATE", your order will not be marked as completed late, no matter how many revisions the customer keeps asking for.

If you're not delivering your work, but rather just sending it to the customer and asking for changes, then that's a different matter.  To some degree, this seems to be what Fiverr's policies support, that you should just send a draft and not deliver it until the customer definitely won't be asking for more revisions. But I think if you're adding official revisions to your gig, it's easier to keep track of them if you're doing an official delivery, then taking revisions. I also think there's less danger of them walking off with your work if you delivery officially, rather than just passing things back and forth. I'd love to hear other people's opinions on the distinction there.

33 minutes ago, newsmike said:

The delivery clock only applies to the initial delivery. If they request revisions, you could wait a year to do it. Not that you would want to. Ignore the big red "LATE" if you have already made the first delivery on time. 

This, though. This is the most important point. And when you're in that late stage, make sure you are communicating with your customer as much as possible, at least once every day or two is great. That way you can make sure they're still feeling positive about the delivery.

Archived