Never made a sale

jazzarina

I have been a member for over a year {June 2020} and have never made  a sale. :classic_sad: In the beginning I advertised via social media.

What am I doing wrong? I have heard via the FAQ's about buyer requests....but, I have no clue what they are!

Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed. 🙂 
{Now, Mom has had a stoke and I cannot work except from online}

Edited by jazzarina
  • Sad 2

Thank you for your info.
I believe I am not getting my question across in the proper way. I understand about receiving a request from someone. That is easy and I know how to do it. Perhaps, my lingo is not matching Fivver's lingo. lol

How do I get someone to inquire about my gig's?
Is this possible?
If not, I sincerely apologize.

I thought buyer re'q were done like this!! 😗 

Hello,

I went and checked your gigs, these are my honest reactions.

For your astrology reading gig, sadly all I see for the gig image is a photo of you.
Now if you were sitting at a table with a fancy background, maybe a tapestry with stars etc, I dunno, tarot card-ish stuff on the table it might look more appealing/eye-catching but I just see you, and I don't get any astrology vibes. I checked other astrology gigs here and lot of them had cool looking charts with stars and planets drawn on them, I have no idea what I was looking at but hey, it looked cool and it got my attention. Your description is pretty short too, I'm sure you can add more.

Your choreography gig video didn't look that appealing to me, it was dark and grainy. Your ballet gig had no video, if I was searching for any type of dance gig, I'd expect to see a video with all the fancy moves.
It might be a good idea if you check other people's gigs in your category and get some ideas, right now your images/thumbnails seems like it's lacking the creative juice. 

@zeus777

Thnx!
The astro gig was the first one that I did. I sad - but, do not have anything of what you have said. Although, I do have tarot cards, books {I know old school}, and candles/new age genres.
More to add - that is all that is needed as for info...but, I take a look at it!

the choreography vid is old...I can change it. lol

Ballet video -all I have is the link...did not know here to put it! ha ha....

When you say fancy moves, you are referring to 'tricks'...which are cool looking jumps, leaps, ect. That requires no technique and you can seriously injure yourself. Most non dancers don't know about the tech, training that is invested. Hip Hop is not all that complicated. My video is contemporary dance - which can be slow as this is or fast. So, if you are looking for fancy, that's not it.
Also, fancy moves depends on the genre of dance, feeling, mood, interpretation, and so much. The choreography, mood, music, is all to be taken into consideration. When I did this gig I did another genre on purpose. Everyone can do a fun, funky piece. 
the idea is to stand apart. ♥️

1 minute ago, newsmike said:

This category kills fiverr's credibility like few others. 

I dunno, there are plenty of card readers and astrologers etc here and a good number of people go check them out for whatever reason,
I don't see a problem with that. 🙂 For the ones who are not interested or is not a believer, they stay away from it, plain and simple.

9 minutes ago, jazzarina said:

the choreography vid is old...I can change it. lol

Yeah it does indeed look old, it reminded me of the video I took with my flip phone...I'm sure you can do better! 😄
Me being a complete amateur in dance I have no idea what is cool/fancy/requires training etc, but good luck and happy gigging.

2 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

I dunno, there are plenty of card readers and astrologers etc here and a good number of people go check them out for whatever reason,
I don't see a problem with that.

It makes the whole site look like clown world. Remember back in the day all the spellcasters on the forum complaining that they could not get any sales, while at the same time they offered "money spells",  "Prosperity spells", and "Get rich spells." And we'd ask em why, if they can make any dope with $5 rich, why they were here selling the service, and complaining that they could not get sales.  OMG, the good old days. 

9 minutes ago, newsmike said:

It makes the whole site look like clown world. Remember back in the day all the spellcasters on the forum complaining that they could not get any sales, while at the same time they offered "money spells",  "Prosperity spells", and "Get rich spells." And we'd ask em why, if they can make any dope with $5 rich, why they were here selling the service, and complaining that they could not get sales.  OMG, the good old days. 

I often wonder what the hell started the spell casting phase.... Some of them had hundreds of reviews each for magic spells haha !!

• Haha 1

I don't want this post to turn into something different from the OP's intention so I think this will be my last reply;
I agree and understand the whole spell-casting thingy. I would like to believe that MOST people will have this thing called common sense and would know that paying $5 to a spell caster so I can be invited to a barbeque party with Chris Hemsworth would be impossible, but I can see that some people will still pay out of desperation, or simply for fun to see what will happen. I mentioned this before, I bought a spell out of PURE desperation when my cat went missing. I don't think the spell worked (he did come home though eventually thanks to my weeks of searching using his favorite canned food) but since I paid only $5 I wasn't upset, and I wouldn't have accused the spell caster as a fraud and liar because I knew what I was getting into, it was my desperate choice.
Clearly a lot of people have paid too and they seem to be happy.

Now about Fiverrland looking like a clown town because of gigs like that, this is what I think: whether there are spell casters or not, Fiverr will STILL look like clown town. True, there were money spell casters that complained on the forum for not getting sales, but there are plenty other spell casters/card readers/fortune tellers who are doing veeeeeeery well. I mean, good for them!
I've also seen marketing "experts" complaining that they can't get sales ( and usually their gigs look like sh*t because it was put together in 10 seconds),
I've seen "award winning article writers" with terrible grammar, expert logo designers with stolen Nike logos, and "Japanese translators" who are using screenshots of Chinese for their images.
There will be plenty of gigs/sellers here, whatever the category is, that will look silly to some ( or a lot of) people.

OK this got long but I guess my point is gonna go back to the "I don't see the harm in selling astrology gigs." 😄

51 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

OK this got long but I guess my point is gonna go back to the "I don't see the harm in selling astrology gigs." 😄

あなたは頭がいい。 しかし、彼らは愚かな人々を利用しています。 嫌いです。

I hope Google Translate didnt change that to something nasty about yo mama. 

Edited by newsmike