Best way to cancel an order?

teramangala

Hi my virtual darlings, 🤣

I have been a seller on Fiverr for 9 months, but this is the first time that this is happening to me: I want to cancel an order that I have already delivered because the customer has additional requests that will require me to start the work again (8 hours).

He made a request for a review, I told him that there was no review included and that I wanted to cancel the order. The work is not lost because I will be able to offer it to other clients (pieces of music). How would you do?

UPDATE : The buyer seems ok to accept the delivery, I feel I will soon have my first 1 star. (wait, don't you like to be the first 🤣)

I think you can still cancel the order without having Customer Support intervene as long as the order isn't mark completed yet.

If the original work you delivered was what was initially asked, you should get paid for that service. 

Why not suggest another order altogether? If I understand correctly, the buyers request seems like the work has to be done all over again.

But if its too much of a hassle to analyze or deal with I just cancel the order. Hahahaha (Then again you've already done the work...........)

8 hours!! What else could you have been doing during those precious 8 hours!!!! You only have 17 hours left to complete your milestone of online always.

2 minutes ago, teramangala said:

I sell pre made musical tracks and this buyer want to change every thing : the sounds, the tempo, the  mix,... not something I have time en want to do.

Ohhh okay I understand the situation better now.  

Well, worst case scenario a bad review will come you can always explain the situation in your reply 😄 You have several stellar reviews! 🌟

2 minutes ago, teramangala said:

Which leads to another question: this customer took me a 3 month subscription on this Gig ... and I no longer want to work with him, how will it be? I will block it soon.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017173498-Subscriptions-feature

Notes: In order to protect Buyers from last-minute cancellations, you can only choose to end the subscription 10 days before the renewal date.

Your metrics will only be affected by the cancelation/completion of orders that have already begun, and not by future orders that you may choose to cancel.  

I have not enabled Subscriptions so I am not sure. 😄

1 minute ago, theratypist said:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360017173498-Subscriptions-feature

Notes: In order to protect Buyers from last-minute cancellations, you can only choose to end the subscription 10 days before the renewal date.

Your metrics will only be affected by the cancelation/completion of orders that have already begun, and not by future orders that you may choose to cancel.  

I have not enabled Subscriptions so I am not sure. 😄

Thanks, this seems good in my case, as the next subscription order is in 28 days!

9 minutes ago, teramangala said:

Last minute : the buyer is going to accept the order as it is... (waiting for a bad review)

I sell pre made musical tracks and this buyer want to change every thing : the sounds, the tempo, the  mix,... not something I have time and want to do.

You could offer him custom gig extra for the revision as an alternative of cancelling the order.

5 minutes ago, teramangala said:

Which leads to another question: this customer took me a 3 month subscription on this Gig ... and I no longer want to work with him, how will it be? I will block him soon.

And for subscription if you want to cancel the subscription by yourself, you can
In order to protect Buyers from last-minute cancellations, you can only choose to end the subscription 10 days before the renewal date.

53 minutes ago, teramangala said:

Hi my virtual darlings, 🤣

I have been a seller on Fiverr for 9 months, but this is the first time that this is happening to me: I want to cancel an order that I have already delivered because the customer has additional requests that will require me to start the work again (8 hours).

He made a request for a review, I told him that there was no review included and that I wanted to cancel the order. The work is not lost because I will be able to offer it to other clients (pieces of music). How would you do?

UPDATE : The buyer seems ok to accept the delivery, I feel I will soon have my first 1 star. (wait, don't you like to be the first 🤣)

Bad Experiences.

Hope the buyer will understand and you both can contact RC

🙂

Thank you, you are right. I actually found in the help:

"How Fiverr Reviews Work

Once an order is marked as complete, a buyer will have 10 days to leave their review. Once the buyer submits his/her review, the seller will receive a notification and will also have the opportunity to leave a review about working with the buyer. 

Note: At this stage, sellers cannot see the buyer's review.

Once both seller and buyer have completed their reviews, or the 10 days have passed, all posted reviews are made public. 

Responding to a review: Once both reviews from buyer and seller have been published, the seller can reply to the buyer’s review from the Order page, seen on the seller’s Gig page, beneath the buyer’s feedback. "

Do you think that the private review filled by the buyer will also wait for the 10 days?

I don't know if it is better to :
1. Wait the 10 days without leaving a review for the buyer (and therefore wait 10 days to see his review!)
2. Leave him a bad review (2 stars "not acceptable")

2 bis. Leave him a good review 
3. Turn off the computer and go drink beers
4. Another idea?

What would you do?

54 minutes ago, teramangala said:

What would you do?

It depends a bit; do you always provide buyers with a review if they did? Because some Sellers don't, regardless of the situation. In my case I always do, so I would give an honest review! Not just write stuff out of spite, but just keep it real to what you've experienced. You don't even have to include all details but keep it in line of 'communication could be smoother' or something, since it doesn't seem like a horrible person. I'm not sure, but it's just that there's always people trying to get more but he seemed okay with just accepting you wouldn't do it without getting paid extra (as you should!). 

In case the review is bad, just respond to it explaining your point of view for potential buyers to see 

And then of course turn off the computer and drink beers 😜

END OF THE STORY:

I couldn't wait 10 days to see the buyer's review:

- I canceled future subscriptions (there are 2 of them)
- I blocked him

- I left him a honest review: "satisfactory" (3 stars) saying "unfortunately, customer requests are outside the scope of my Gig"

And I saw his review: 5 stars! "Thanks, great tracks as always"
I am amazed because I expected a bad review, I still have things to learn in the psychology of the Fiverr buyer, but I no longer wanted to work for him, it's settled.

Thank you all for your comments.

(It was a "Fiver Top Buyer" 👍)

Archived