Is it okay to sell a service which is not included to the gig?

pratikmder

Question

Hello Friends, I hope you are doing well. I have been facing a problem for somedays. Is it okay to sell a service which is not included to the gig? Say for example I can do simple video editing job but I am not professional that is why I did not create gig on video editing. Now, One of my clients want to use me to edit his video. SO MY QUESTION IS, Can I sell video editing service by using my photo editing gig ? 

Thanks
Pratik

6 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, pratikmder said:

Hello Friends, I hope you are doing well. I have been facing a problem for somedays. Is it okay to sell a service which is not included to the gig? Say for example I can do simple video editing job but I am not professional that is why I did not create gig on video editing. Now, One of my clients want to use me to edit his video. SO MY QUESTION IS, Can I sell video editing service by using my photo editing gig ? 

Thanks
Pratik

Yes but if you aren't good at it be prepared for a bad review

If its not a service you do why would you just take jobs on like this

I'd say you shouldn't do video editing in a gig for photo editing if video editing is not mentioned anywhere in the gig description/package descriptions (and really video editing should be in the subcategory for that). Unless maybe if it was for some photo editing together with a bit of video editing (so the main part of the service done was still the photo editing).

The TOS says gigs aren't supposed to be misleading but the review might be, if it never mentions that video editing was done (eg. if it said "great service", 5 stars people would think the photo editing service was great).

You could check with customer support though. It would be better to create a separate gig for basic video editing if you wanted to offer that.

Also one of the ratings is for "service as described" - if they marked it according to the gig description and title and not the offer text then they might give a lower score for "service as described" if video editing isn't mentioned in the gig description or gig title.

Yes, you can create custom gigs for your customers for any service you like. It will just be an "addon" to one of your other services. I don't offer web design services but my customers often ask me if I can do work for them based on the advice I give in my gig. I prefer not to for the most part because it's a lot more work but I do pick it up from time to time when I'm enjoying working with a client.

4 hours ago, andywarburton said:

Yes, you can create custom gigs for your customers for any service you like. It will just be an "addon" to one of your other services. I don't offer web design services but my customers often ask me if I can do work for them based on the advice I give in my gig. I prefer not to for the most part because it's a lot more work but I do pick it up from time to time when I'm enjoying working with a client.

Thank you for your reply. Would you please say me how to create custom gig?

Archived