Will i "harass" the freelancers with Affiliate Marketing ?

Hi, i'm a Fiverr buyer, i'm going to try to be a seller in a few days, and i'm also very interested in Fiverr's affiliate marketing program (in the future).

Recently, in another post, a seller told that he/she started to receive a huge amount of messages from people harassing him/her with nonsense questions. Somebody replied to him/her saying that maybe the gig has been shared on a Youtube video or other social platform, leading to that situation.

So my concern is: since i would like to use affiliation with specific Fiverr gigs ("deep links", right?), should i ask permission to every seller for promoting his/her gig on my web page (i want to use Youtube videos to share my affiliate links), or is this not necessary ?

How do affiliates normally behave about this ? Do they ask for permission to the owner of the gig being promoted before actually promoting it, or is this optional ?

If i bring traffic to a gig, this could lead to many orders for the seller (and an affiliation commission for me), but also to silly people harassing the seller with stupid questions...Or am i imagining things ?

Thank you

Edited by logicat
Added tags
  • Like 2

If people you send start asking crazy questions the seller will soon get annoyed they have to reply to every single question or their rank drops

It also depends on how you advertise their services and if everything you say is realistic and truthful or if you are just sending the max amount of people possible with vague promises

Edited by drasnia
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, drasnia said:

If people you send start asking crazy questions the seller will soon get annoyed they have to reply to every single question or their rank drops

It also depends on how you advertise their services and if everything you say is realistic and truthful or if you are just sending the max amount of people possible with vague promises

So basically, advertising their service in a good way will work as a "filter" against annoying people...Good to know, thank you!

• Like 1