Give seller clear instructions.

abari07

Buyers should take the time to give sellers crystal clear instructions on what they expect from the order. Requests should be reasonable and should reflect the amount paid for the gig. If requests are larger than the amount paid, buyers should compensate. Sellers only get $4 out of $5 ($1 goes to Fiverr) - keep this in mind when ordering.

• Like 22
  • Up 1

6 hours ago, abari07 said:

Buyers should take the time to give sellers crystal clear instructions on what they expect from the order. Requests should be reasonable and should reflect the amount paid for the gig. If requests are larger than the amount paid, buyers should compensate. Sellers only get $4 out of $5 ($1 goes to Fiverr) - keep this in mind when ordering.

yes.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, abari07 said:

Sellers only get $4 out of $5 ($1 goes to Fiverr) - keep this in mind when ordering.

I don't know about you, but I am one of many sellers who make a lot more than just $4 per order. Please don't assume that every seller works for cheap. Bottom of the barrel pricing usually results in bottom of the barrel buyers.

• Like 17
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 3:03 AM, jonbaas said:

I don't know about you, but I am one of many sellers who make a lot more than just $4 per order. Please don't assume that every seller works for cheap. Bottom of the barrel pricing usually results in bottom of the barrel buyers.

Yes, its right. But not everyone can charge a lot like you. We all knows that, seller increase their charges gradually they grow their profile here on fiverr. Most of the people start their career from low price and gradually they increase their pricing.

By the way, to me it doesn't matter how much we charge for a service. Buyer should provide clear instructions. Even seller also should provide clear instructions to buyer, so that he can prepare the requirements and send to the seller.

And not everyone is equal on the earth, Some people understand based on short instructions and some needs long instructions. As a Freelancer, we should take time and also take the order only once the buyer understand our requirements and send us all required informations.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

As direct advice for buyers; I've found that whenever I've gotten a botched delivery, it's because I didn't add enough context. If the seller know what you're using the delivery for, what it fits into, they'll be able to make it fit better.

The earliest example if this I encountered was while getting landscape art for a fantasy setting. A few of the deliveries for some ocean-themes pieces contained modern ships. I hadn't mentioned in the task details that it was for a fantasy setting.

Like, at the start, my tasks details looked like this:

Hello again, I'm wondering if you would be willing to do another landscape at the Basic/$5 tier, inspired by this text:
"Whale Migrations - Mass migration of giant sea life travels below the ship, their geyser-like emissions causing trouble."
I don't have a specific thought on how it should look, but it should generally look like it's in the middle of the ocean. I don't need detailed whales or anything, just spouts/geysers among the waves is good. It would be the same book ratio as before of 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches high with anything between 72 and 300 dpi being fine.

And by the end of it, my tasks details looked more like:

Hello! I'm wondering if you would be willing to do a landscape at the Basic tier inspired by this text:
"
Whale Migrations - Mass migration of giant sea life travels below the ship, their geyser-like emissions causing trouble."
I don't have a specific thought on how it should look, but it should generally look like it's in the middle of the ocean. I don't need detailed whales or anything, just spouts/geysers among the waves is good.
-
The setting is Fantasy like Dungeons & Dragons (no modern-looking elements).
- It is summer-themed (clear, bright skies).
- It is far out in the ocean (no land visible).
- Daytime is preferred so that details are more discernable.
It would be for a book, sized 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches high. Anything between 72 and 300 dpi would be fine, in a .png.

Basically, the list in the middle is something that will come from experience. It's hard to predict. It would be nice if sellers also kept track of those mis-understandings which caused revision requests, to pose it like a set of questions to new buyers. For example, the question about "Day time or night time?" came from a seller.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2