How to get exactly what you are looking for!

barrelofmonkeys

Communication. Rather then just straight ordering, messaging the seller first helps a lot.

Being a voice over seller, it makes a world of difference when I can talk a bit with a buyer so I can get the exact tone and details for the project before I just go and record it. Saves you as a buyer from getting a product that you weren’t expecting or wanting along with unneeded frustration

• Like 135
  • Confused 1
  • Up 12
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

How to know you have the right Seller?

It’s really hard to pick one right? You’re not sure if they are just a scam or if they are legit and some of the reviews aren’t always the most helpful. Coming from someone who’s not only bought stuff on fiverr but is a voice actor who actually sells on here, I can tell you a couple of solid tips that have helped me in both aspects.

1. Check the descriptions
    If you aren’t sure they are able to do your gig, check the descriptions. I know in voice acting it’s pretty easy to get confused with who to hire. Like in my case, if you’re looking for an American voice actor I would likely be a better choice than some. But I’d be terrible if you’re looking for someone who can speak another language as English is my primary language.
  2. Check the reviews
    Some of the reviews are just boop 5 stars and a tiny generic description. If you’re not entirely sure, see what they say. If they are all the same generic ones then maybe want to dig further before you hire them.
  3. Message them.
    For real, if you’re not sure if they can do your job, just go and message them. I love it when I get messaged because I know I can help iron out any other details that may be holding the seller back like certain voices or different accents or that kind of thing

So there you go. 3 tips to find the right seller! Let me know what you think and I’d be happy to help answer any questions that you may have.

• Like 247
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 14
  • Thanks 16

• 1 month later...

It’s really a two part tip but it all ties together well. When you hire someone, you want someone passionate about what they do, right? Like I love voice acting. And I got to do a voice over for a guy that I got so into, I threw in extra sound effects to make it even better and he loved it! But how do you know they are passionate? Talk to them. Let them know about your gig and all the ins and outs of it. I love it as a voice actor and seller when someone is passionate with their project because I can join in and really make it special. So two things 1. Find someone who is passionate and 2. Find that out by just talking to them!

• Like 84
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am a new client. I’ve only used this service once and was happy with it. I decided to try a different seller who offered a bit more for the same cost. I’ve paid first as this requires you to do, but the user hasn’t replied to my messages and there is only 1 hour left before time to complete is up.

Any advice, how do I get my money back?

• Like 145
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 2

On 2/18/2020 at 11:34 AM, fclearydun said:

Hi I am a new client. I’ve only used this service once and was happy with it. I decided to try a different seller who offered a bit more for the same cost. I’ve paid first as this requires you to do, but the user hasn’t replied to my messages and there is only 1 hour left before time to complete is up.

Any advice, how do I get my money back?

Please keep in mind that the seller still isn’t late (and I hope that you have provided them with all the information they need, so they might be working on your order now). If they deliver, great!

If the order gets late, you can go to the Resolution Center on the order page and request a cancellation. The seller will have to respond to it; if they don’t, the order will be automatically cancelled in 2 days. Also, once the order is in the late (or “very late”?) status (I’m not sure whether 24 or 48 hours late), you can go to the Resolution Center and request a cancellation, and the order will be cancelled immediately.

When the order is cancelled, you get your funds back into your Fiverr account, to use as credit for new purchases. 

• Like 145
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 9

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So I do voice acting and there are a ton of us out there. And with that, it’s quite understandable that you want a specific voice or product that you’ve had in mind! So how do you know you’ll get that exactly? Well my number one tool would be communication. If you have a certain voice in mind, message the seller! I love when a buyer messages me, gives me information about their project they are passionate about and really gives me some awesome information about what they are looking for. When I see that, I’m just drawn in and can really get a great grasp on what you’re needing from me. From there, I can get the best kind of idea to get you the voice you need without un needed revisions and with a quick delivery to boot. Hope this helps!

• Like 52
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Since you posted this in tips section please can you make some breaks and paragraphs?

This is humanly impossible and painful to read all in one line.

And topic title and text in post have no connection.

I think that the ‘number one tip’ is to order from OP.

• Like 44
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
Guest logosupreme

4 TIPS for Buyers if you're ordering a logo design Gig

As a professional logo designer and owner of a branding studio, I’ve had quite interesting, fruitful and learning experience with buyers who hired me to design logo for their company/service. As we all know that creativity has no boundaries and one can always feel that a design can be better and better ! Hence, it’s very essential as a buyer who is looking to get a logo designed to understand this and make sure that he/she gets logo which matches with his/her vision.

So how as a buyer you can achieve it? Following 4 tips can help you to get the logo of your vision designed within the timeline and in a smooth manner.

1. Sketch: Do you think that you can draw a rough sketch of the logo that you’ve in mind? You don’t need to be great at drawing for this. But if you think you can do a primary sketch with pencil and paper, it would take half of the hassle. As we know that a picture speaks a thousand words, so a sketch would help better than a 1000 words long brief! This would help seller to understand your vision with utmost clarity. This will help buyer to save time and energy and at the same time get what is needed. But this is optional as sometimes, as a buyer you don’t know what exactly you would like until you see the designs ! But if you think that even if you can do a very primary sketch to begin with, it can get things done quickly and as expected.

2. Color preference: In my experience, I’ve received the exact hex code of colors from buyers which they want me to use for their logo. And it’s not so hard to get hex code or RGB code of the color that you like. And if you think that it’s too technical, you can simply share the image of the color that you like. This will make sure that you don’t go through logo concepts in colors that you don’t like. Of course, you can ask the logo designer to provide the same logo concept in different colors so that you can compare, but that’s a secondary matter. So if you have favorite colors you want used in the logo, simply share the same with designer.

3. Characteristic preference: A logo is not just a word but an ocean of creativity ! It literary is. A logo can be minimal, simple, feminine, masculine, fun, sporty, serious, vintage, luxurious, colourful, conservative, extravagant and so on. So if you know how exactly you want it to be, you can also share the same with seller. I’ve personally listed such few characteristics to choose under requirement form itself, so it makes easy for a buyer to decide and choose the style that fits with the purpose and branding of their business.

4. Brand Style Guide / Branding Booklet: Although, some buyers simply get the logo designed, now a days a brand style guide aka branding booklet is also very essential in terms of building your brand and making sure that your brand leaves the permanent effect in people’s mind. We can discuss at length about “What does a ‘brand’ mean?” but I’ll leave that for now ! But I can tell that what a branding booklet contains. It contains color palette(colors - color codes - used to create your logo), Typography (font names used to create your logo), Do’s and Dont’s(How to and how not to use logo), Usage Guidelines, Iconography etc. Now, how is this helpful? Well, it becomes quite handy when it comes to designing other graphic material (like brochure, pamphlet, ad etc.) and printing and web material. You can simply forward the branding booklet to designer so that he/she uses the same colors, typography etc. making sure that your branding value is not disturbed.

I hope that these 4 TIPS for Buyers are helpful if you’re looking to get your logo designed.

• 2 months later...

So I normally do voice over and I had a buyer, a new one actually, recently order from me. He sent me an example of what he was kind of looking (like in tonality and feel) for but then told me in the messages how he wanted it to be a bit different. This was super helpful for me because I knew exactly the feel and the emotion he was looking for in his voice over and was able to get him exactly what he was needing. So if you’re not sure exactly how to spell out what you need, find an example of what’s at least close to what you’re needing. It may just help the seller be able to have a better idea of what you are looking for in your product!

• Like 128
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m a buyer and I don’t draw, but here’s my brief take on the process.

I usually don’t get sketches of the work in progress. It doesn’t bother me personally though because I rely on revisions and my extensive initial instruction to carry the drawing from start to finish, accurately.

Wow, people know HEX color codes? I had to google shades of colors and get photos and get some opinions until I could pick out a color. One handy tool is a mobile app called Color Grab that can detect any color on any part of an image. It could also just be a matter of “I’ll know it when I see it”.

Yeah, personality and style are important. IMO, art, like anything else creative, is ultimately subjective and a form of expression. Knowing what emotion, personality or expression you want the drawing to convey is important. I actually think the expression is the biggest part. Art is simply visual expression, like how writing is verbal expression and music is…aural expression? It’s all expression, at the end of the day.

A brand book is a good idea. Or just having some template so that all drawings maintain consistency across each drawing. It also helps people recognize what they are looking at, probably.

• Like 106
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 5

Yep. Illustrators want examples of photos or drawings. Musicians want examples of music…lol. I try to accommodate these example requests, though I find it comical that I’M asking for the drawing and they need a drawing to get started…things like that. Like…well…I’m…asking FOR the drawing. If I had one…well…

• Like 87
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

If you want to find any right seller to do your task, then you have to find a gig related to your task and then talk with your task as sellers are always ready to do their best for their respectful buyers. If you think this guy can do you task then hire the guy quickly and tell about your budget. Review is not a factor because a top rated seller wasn't any review once. So, you have to identify a right person, the guy can be new or leveled. 😊

Edited by amantu_amir
  • Like 118
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2021 at 10:15 PM, amantu_amir said:

Review is not a factor because a top rated seller wasn't any review once.

Completely wrong. Reviews are there to guide buyers as to what to expect. When you order fuzzy slippers from Amazon, do you read the reviews? The fact is that the best way to get a good seller is to look for people with great reviews. Otherwise you are gambling. I'm not saying that a Level 1 seller won't be good, but I'm saying you have a much greater chance of getting a good product from a TRS.  That is kinda the whole point.  

• Like 94
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 10
  • Thanks 6

On 12/26/2019 at 6:34 PM, barrelofmonkeys said:

Check the reviews
Some of the reviews are just boop 5 stars and a tiny generic description. If you’re not entirely sure, see what they say. If they are all the same generic ones then maybe want to dig further before you hire them.

Also check the bad reviews. It might reveal the nature of the person.

• Like 89
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 5

Firstly, pay attention to the Seller's rating + reviews. Of course it's the easiest and most obvious way to get yourself the best Seller. But there's an important fact that you need to consider. There are some real professionals, I mean studios, businesses, etc. that have just entered on Fiverr. Even though they don't have such ratings and reviews it doesn't mean that you'll receive a bad result working with them. They have a rich experience and maybe will do their jo even better compared to others! We are such studio that created videos such as explainers, animations, etc. We have 10+ years of rich experience. But we  are just new on Fiverr. Please give us our first work and we'll prove that we're pro!

• Like 86
  • Congrats! 4
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 4

I can only speak from my seller experience but I know that being and maintaining a Top Rated Seller status is challenging. Although there are many fantastic sellers in all levels, this is the level of earned professionals within Fiverr. The Top Rated Sellers are hand picked by Fiverr only after reaching the last technical milestone and they must maintain their behavior to keep the TRS level. Not all sellers who reach the technical numbers will move forward to be a TRS.

I say behavior because it’s not just about technical skills, it’s about treating the customers with respect and dignity. I will not accept a new buyer if they won’t engage with me during the beginning chats because it takes communication to successfully work on a freelance platform. 

I hope this is helpful.

• Like 100
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...

Buyers should take the time to give sellers crystal clear instructions on what they expect from the order. Requests should be reasonable and should reflect the amount paid for the gig. If requests are larger than the amount paid, buyers should compensate. Sellers only get $4 out of $5 ($1 goes to Fiverr) - keep this in mind when ordering.

• Like 74
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 6

On 8/19/2021 at 8:49 AM, abari07 said:

Sellers only get $4 out of $5 ($1 goes to Fiverr) - keep this in mind when ordering.

I don't know about you, but I am one of many sellers who make a lot more than just $4 per order. Please don't assume that every seller works for cheap. Bottom of the barrel pricing usually results in bottom of the barrel buyers. 

• Like 95
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 3:03 AM, jonbaas said:

I don't know about you, but I am one of many sellers who make a lot more than just $4 per order. Please don't assume that every seller works for cheap. Bottom of the barrel pricing usually results in bottom of the barrel buyers.

Yes, its right. But not everyone can charge a lot like you. We all knows that, seller increase their charges gradually they grow their profile here on fiverr. Most of the people start their career from low price and gradually they increase their pricing.

By the way, to me it doesn't matter how much we charge for a service. Buyer should provide clear instructions. Even seller also should provide clear instructions to buyer, so that he can prepare the requirements and send to the seller.

And not everyone is equal on the earth, Some people understand based on short instructions and some needs long instructions. As a Freelancer, we should take time and also take the order only once the buyer understand our requirements and send us all required informations.

• Like 63
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 5