if i and my wife work in fiverr, could we using 2 different account in 1 IP address?

kannartworker

Good morning, everybody.
I have 1 question here: i'm an architect and my wife is an artist.
Both of us want to work in fiverr. But we want to have different account because of different work.
But could we using 2 different account in the same IP address?
Is it illegal in fiverr?
Thank you and regards,
Kann

1 hour ago, kannartworker said:

Good morning, everybody.
I have 1 question here: i'm an architect and my wife is an artist.
Both of us want to work in fiverr. But we want to have different account because of different work.
But could we using 2 different account in the same IP address?
Is it illegal in fiverr?
Thank you and regards,
Kann

You can use 2 account but you must need to follow these

1. DON'T sell same service from 2 accounts
2. DON'T use same withdraw account
3. DON'T place any order within those accounts
4. You can inform customer support first for future issues.

1 hour ago, theratypist said:

Yes, but you have to inform Customer Support first. This is very important that you have their approval to do so.

Note that you can't offer similar services. 

I don't think there is anything to ask customer support for this.

23 minutes ago, coder71 said:

You can use 2 account but you must need to follow these

1. DON'T sell same service from 2 accounts
2. DON'T use same withdraw account
3. DON'T place any order within those accounts
4. You can inform customer support first for future issues.

Along with this quote, I also would like to suggest

5. use different devices.

Same ip doesn't matter if you follow. Cause shared ip address is universal.

Else, thousands of sellers of fiverr would be banned.

10 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

I don't think there is anything to ask customer support for this.

10 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

5. use different devices.

Why shouldn't you confirm with Customer Support? Just going ahead and letting the wife open an account could get both their accounts restricted. It is actually indeed allowed to have a family member or someone else in the same building to have a Fiverr account even if you share the same internet connection. But you cannot have the same services.

There is one TRS right now that at some point shared the same device with her husband but they offered different services. She had to confirm it ahead with Customer Support. Hi @vickiespencer, if you could kindly share your input on this!

19 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Why shouldn't you confirm with Customer Support? Just going ahead and letting the wife open an account could get both their accounts restricted. It is actually indeed allowed to have a family member or someone else in the same building to have a Fiverr account even if you share the same internet connection. But you cannot have the same services.

There is one TRS right now that at some point shared the same device with her husband but they offered different services. She had to confirm it ahead with Customer Support. Hi @vickiespencer, if you could kindly share your input on this!

Letting them know in advance is better, but not indeed.

If I talk about other platform. Me and my wife both have individual account. we work through same ip.

After letting them know about it, we can now work with same devices and also refer clients to each other as needed. Even we both work together for same client with a group chat within the platform.

So, obviously by letting them know, things could be more easier to maintain without worries!

2 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

So, obviously by letting them know, things could be more easier to maintain without worries!

Point taken, a lot of Fiverr's monitoring system is manned by AI not a human. It's in Fiverr's TOS that multiple accounts are not allowed. 

I would rather give advice that they confirm with CS than just suggesting they go ahead and do so. It is worth the extra confirmation with CS.

19 hours ago, theratypist said:

Yes, but you have to inform Customer Support first. This is very important that you have their approval to do so.

Note that you can't offer similar services. 

I have created ticket to this question. Haven't got my answer yet. 
What could be counted as similar services ? My GF is artist too but as I'm concept artist she is children's book illustrator. In my field it's whole different thing but does fiverr take it as difference ?

1 hour ago, gongor32 said:

I have created ticket to this question. Haven't got my answer yet. 
What could be counted as similar services ? My GF is artist too but as I'm concept artist she is children's book illustrator. In my field it's whole different thing but does fiverr take it as difference ?

I don't find any reason whether it couldn't be similar services.

However if its about similar service then it means Sub Category actually.

Mostly using different device can easily get rid of this situation as long as both are verified as individual.

Archived