Fiverr should make it compulsory to leave ratings by buyer, prior to the next order.

sidrafique

I've worked for 4 orders till now and among 3 of these buyers left pretty good messages for reordering but never left me ratings. For Fiverr, ratings make the profile, and what if you delivered so well and client was happy but didn't left you ratings?? I've even messaged them once but not benefited. Suggest me something for this issue please. 

Hi there..

I think you are wrong here,

Seller rights is getting payment from the project.

Getting reviews is just like bonus. AND BUYER  SHOULD NOT FORCED to give seller any reviews.

Giving review or not is Buyer choices and rights, NOT Sellers.

and NEVER ask buyer to give you a review. EVEN just "reminding" buyer.

It could upset your buyer and report you as review manipulations.

There are many cases Seller got warning because they are trying buyer to give them reviews.

11 hours ago, sidrafique said:

I've worked for 4 orders till now and among 3 of these buyers left pretty good messages for reordering but never left me ratings. For Fiverr, ratings make the profile, and what if you delivered so well and client was happy but didn't left you ratings?? I've even messaged them once but not benefited. Suggest me something for this issue please. 

Hi,

You are welcome to here.

It's depend on buyer wish.

Keep patience. Best of luck

There are 3 good reasons to not make it compulsory, maybe this helps you to look at it from another perspective:

1. Some buyers want to keep their privacy, if ratings where compulsory, they might leave the platform and go to one where it's not compulsory

2. Some buyers might not rate out of kindness, because they'd leave a bad rating else but don't want to hurt a seller's business, so you might be better off with no rating in some cases

3. Some buyers, even if they generally were happy with your service, might give a bad rating if it was compulsory, and they wouldn't like that, as there are buyers who don't just rate their experience with the seller or Gig specifically, but also their experience with the Fiverr system

Just do your best and leave the rating up to the buyers, don't ask them to leave feedback, to not risk them reporting it to Fiverr, or to not make them not buy from you again, unless you actually want them to not buy from you again.

Over time, you'll get enough reviews, it won't matter too much if not everyone leaves a review then, or if some people never leave one even if they buy regularly.

13 hours ago, sidrafique said:

For Fiverr, ratings make the profile,

What's more important for Fiverr, though, are happy customers who keep returning, and customers who'd get forced to leave reviews if they want to buy again, even though they don't want to, wouldn't be happy, and might stay away. And customers who feel bugged by sellers asking for reviews might stay away from sellers who ask for them. Just something to ponder. 

On 8/18/2021 at 2:57 PM, sidrafique said:

I like to say some thing. I said that another post. If client not giving you the Feedback (Reviews) don't go to ask about it from the Client. Because of  we don't know what is the situation client side. If he has any problem he will give you a bad Review. Please don't do it. Its change some thing your rating. if you get bad reviews you need to get more works and more good ratings for over it. But you can to poke him asking any re-correction. Then  he will watch and he can communicate with shapely your positive feed back. Please think Different. It will give you a best way for your Success. 

Thank You!!!

On 8/18/2021 at 4:27 AM, sidrafique said:

Suggest me something for this issue please. 

If a website forced me to review it after placing an order, I would give it a 1 for wasting my time. The convenience is slanted to the one with the credit card. Many buyers will not review you. Do you do a Yelp review every time you buy a coffee, sandwich, pair of shoes, etc?  What if Starbucks wouldn't let you leave the store till you did a review? 

On 8/18/2021 at 3:41 PM, ridwansugi said:

Hi there..

Getting reviews is just like bonus. AND BUYER  SHOULD NOT FORCED to give seller any reviews.

There are many cases Seller got warning because they are trying buyer to give them reviews.

Right. 

Hi there..

Right

Hi there..

Exactly

On 8/18/2021 at 10:27 AM, sidrafique said:

Wait. What? You want to mandate that the buyer, who's paying you to do a job, takes time out of their day to review your delivery, even if they don't want to?

You want to make the process of ordering from the same seller more complicated for the buyers? 

Are you sure you thought about the consequenses of this? 

• Mandatory reviews causes friction
  • More friction = less orders
  • Less orders = less revenue for you and for Fiverr

All this because you want more reviews? 

7 minutes ago, theratypist said:

This will make the site lose buyers. Some buyers like to remain anonymous or just simply prefer not to leave a rating. 

This is the selfishness of not realizing that WE are providing a service to our buyers. They are not here to please us. 

There are orders that I'm glad the buyers don't end up reviewing. Sometimes they go missing right after I submit the order which often makes me think - are they unhappy with my  work? Just the other day, I've had some issues with someone who wanted x words written but couldn't open ANY file I've sent their way (literally. I tried everything.) Imagine if they were told by Fiverr that they have to leave a review. (ended up sending it through via literal PNGs but still! 

On the other hand, sometimes it's just how it is. People don't want others to know that they've ordered something - or simply, they are too lazy to leave a review. Making it mandatory would...not be fun for us, is what I'm saying. (but it is a bummer when you're certain you've done a fantastic job and there's no review!)

On 8/28/2021 at 4:44 PM, theratypist said:

This will make the site lose buyers. Some buyers like to remain anonymous or just simply prefer not to leave a rating. 

Fiverr could make it so that buyers reviews will be seen as anonymous on the gig pages at least, so if they are concerned about that, that wouldn’t have to be an issue. 

3 hours ago, karlaofficial said:

Fiverr could make it so that buyers reviews will be seen as anonymous on the gig pages at least, so if they are concerned about that, that wouldn’t have to be an issue. 

There is already a private review that comes after being asked for the public review... I doubt they will implement something like that.  

19 hours ago, theratypist said:

There is already a private review that comes after being asked for the public review... I doubt they will implement something like that.  

I doubt they will too but a lot of sellers have brought up concerns about the review system and buyers not leaving reviews, and I think that Fiverr should do something to change the review system..  

On 8/18/2021 at 5:27 AM, sidrafique said:

I've even messaged them once but not benefited

I wouldn't recommend hitting up a client asking about a review. All it takes is for them to hit the report button and you'll get a warning. 

As for your initial concern, how would you feel if every time you went to get your hair done your stylist required you to leave a review before getting your next cut? 

• 2 weeks later...

Uh no way.

If I don't leave a review for someone it's because I didn't have a great experience but don't feel like being publicly negative. If someone has mixed feelings about my service I reeeallly don't want them to be forced to leave a review. Fiverr ALWAYS asks customers to leave a review. If you want to increase your reviews, make sure you're delivering such mind-blowingly good service that the customer is dying to tell everyone how amazing you are. This is the way.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had it happen more than once that I wasn't satisfied and didn't want to leave a bad review to hurt the artist or his future so did not review. I think this is the honest and loving thing to do. I don't want to tarnish their future because of what I think of their product. They might be great for some, and those people for whom they are great can leave the great reviews. I would be lying if I said it was 5 star if it wasn't. Yes, maybe you gave your best, but maybe your best just wasn't good enough. That's up to the one paying to decide. Unlike a pair of shoes, we can't send this back for a financial refund. As for delivering mind-blowing service, yes, maybe you feel that. I'm sure everyone that is on American Idol feels the same. But that's up to the judges to decide. There are so many factors. Your take might be good, but lacking emotion. It could be out of pitch but you don't hear it. It could be perfect in every way technically, but lackluster because you are copying instead of emoting. So many factors.

Archived