Paypal fee

az_design1

Usually it's free.
I will ask you to check the transaction history if there is any information like you received 88 but fees taken $6. I don't think the fees will be that much higher though!

I searched to findout the EU or Germany based withdrawal details if there is anything about the fees while sending, I didn't find any.

If you don't get any clue then I will suggest you to reach customer support by opening a ticket from https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

If you get any response, you are requested to reply here. So other people will know as well.

• Like 10

As far as I know, PayPal cuts a lot of money for each transaction. You should read their policies first then do the transactions.

So far I did not withdraw any money from my account, so I don't know which will be better, PayPal or Payoneer.

I suggest you be careful about dealing with PayPal.

First, Fiverr cuts 20% and now PayPal. This is sad for us.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, az_design1 said:

I just withdrew 88 $ from my account via PayPal

I assume your funds are being received at $ USD and not Euro?? Because if you were receiving in USD, I think it should stay at $88... I suggest you try to clarify with Customer Support --> https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010530278-Withdrawing-Funds?segment=seller

• Fiverr doesn't charge a fee when withdrawing to PayPal.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010530058-Getting-Paid

Keep in mind that when viewing or withdrawing your Balance in your local currency, you may see daily changes due to exchange rate fluctuations and conversion fees. Sellers always have the option to withdraw Revenues in US$.

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, kreativzak said:

As far as I know, PayPal cuts a lot of money for each transaction.

51 minutes ago, dipankarbasak said:

I think 2% deducted paypal

In my experience this isn't true. So far the withdrawals I've made stayed the exact same amount and I use PayPal (and in Euros). So I think the issue is more into the direction what @theratypistsays and it's the difference between currencies

• Like 8

2 hours ago, theratypist said:

I assume your funds are being received at $ USD and not Euro?? Because if you were receiving in USD, I think it should stay at $88... I suggest you try to clarify with Customer Support --> https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010530278-Withdrawing-Funds?segment=seller

Keep in mind that when viewing or withdrawing your Balance in your local currency, you may see daily changes due to exchange rate fluctuations and conversion fees. Sellers always have the option to withdraw Revenues in US$.

OK Thank you, yes I received it in Euro, but how could I receive it in Dollars, if I want to do so?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kreativzak said:

As far as I know, PayPal cuts a lot of money for each transaction. You should read their policies first then do the transactions.

So far I did not withdraw any money from my account, so I don't know which will be better, PayPal or Payoneer.

I suggest you be careful about dealing with PayPal.

First, Fiverr cuts 20% and now PayPal. This is sad for us.

I think Fiverr has all the right to take 20% commission, my brother works on app store and they take 30% commission from developers.

Edited by az_design1
miss spelling
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, az_design1 said:

OK Thank you, yes I received it in Euro, but how could I receive it in Dollars, if I want to do so?

Ah that must be the reason why you aren't getting it.. Actually I also don't know, I only take mine in $USD.  @sabinespoems, perhaps you know how to get it in $USD not Euro?? 

The closest answer I found is as below. You can try contacting Customer Support also (support@fiverr.com)

Fees

Fiverr does not charge any fees for processing a withdrawal. However, each withdrawal provider has specific fees depending on the type of withdrawal processed.   

If you are withdrawing in a currency other than US$, you will be asked to confirm the withdrawal currency and the amount, which will include conversion fees and will, therefore, appear reduced as it will be the exact amount that will be sent to your withdrawal account in non-US$ after conversion fees are applied.  If you don't wish to withdraw in your local currency, you can update the settings through the link available on the confirmation window.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Ah that must be the reason why you aren't getting it.. Actually I also don't know, I only take mine in $USD.  @sabinespoems, perhaps you know how to get it in $USD not Euro?? 

The closest answer I found is as below. You can try contacting Customer Support also (support@fiverr.com)

Fees

Fiverr does not charge any fees for processing a withdrawal. However, each withdrawal provider has specific fees depending on the type of withdrawal processed.   

If you are withdrawing in a currency other than US$, you will be asked to confirm the withdrawal currency and the amount, which will include conversion fees and will, therefore, appear reduced as it will be the exact amount that will be sent to your withdrawal account in non-US$ after conversion fees are applied.  If you don't wish to withdraw in your local currency, you can update the settings through the link available on the confirmation window.

Thanks a lot it was really helpful, best regards.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, theratypist said:

Thanks

• Like 6

6 hours ago, az_design1 said:

yes I received it in Euro, but how could I receive it in Dollars, if I want to do so?

6 hours ago, theratypist said:

perhaps you know how to get it in $USD not Euro??

I'm not entirely sure but maybe change your settings to $USD on your Fiverr account if you don't have that already? Just keep in mind then that you'll probably still receive a different amount, because PayPal is linked to where you're based so I think you'll still be confronted with the conversion fees. Which makes sense, otherwise everybody could play the system 😅 

So in short; I don't pay transaction fees for PayPal but I do 'pay' conversion fees, since it's linked to my location I can only receive Euro. I'm not sure if it's possible, but perhaps change the currency settings on your PayPal? I looked into it, but I can't find the option on my account 

• Like 5

There's no fees when withdrawing money to PayPal. The "fees" that people see are currency conversion fees. I always take the money from Fiverr to PayPal in USD, and keep it there in USD (you need a USD account on PayPal, you can just create one). I do it on the desktop exclusively, the app is weird (for instance, in the app there's a confirmation e-mail that I have to click in order to initiate the transfer, in the desktop version I click withdraw and I get it immediately, no confirmation needed). Sellers - always use the desktop version for everything except simple messaging with clients, the mobile app is garbage and missing a ton of features.

Then I accumulate, wait for a good exchange rate, and trade a lot of $ for € when convenient.

What I haven't been able to find so far is a way to send USD from PayPal to another system (Revolut, for example) to exchange it for €, since the currency conversion fees in PayPal are ridiculous bs. If anybody knows how to do it, please let me know. 2.5% really adds up. Probably will have to look into a way to buy cryptos with USD from PayPal, to then use that to convert, since they don't allow me to withdraw dollars to anywhere else, but they do allow me to make purchases in dollars (in ebay, for example).

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 6
  • Up 1

11 hours ago, az_design1 said:

Thanks for your time, I guess it is because currency change but will figure it out soon.

If it's because of currency conversion then I don't think so. Cause currency conversion rate can't be 6.82%

But if you say You withdrew in USD, converted it into EUR currency and again converted to USd. then it could be, but yet for double conversion, it shouldn't be 6.82%

Only the possible way if you withdrew in USD, you will see you received 88 USD then converted it into EUR. Then calculated those currency with google rate, how much USD you received based on google or bank conversion rate, then it could be only. as paypal gives less conversion rate.

I will suggest you to check with your paypal registered email. That transaction email should state that actually how much USD sent to you.
And also you will see the transaction breakdown stated fees or currency conversion if really that happened!

Same thing you can check with the transaction history from your paypal account.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, seven_sign said:

If it's because of currency conversion then I don't think so. Cause currency conversion rate can't be 6.82%

But if you say You withdrew in USD, converted it into EUR currency and again converted to USd. then it could be, but yet for double conversion, it shouldn't be 6.82%

Only the possible way if you withdrew in USD, you will see you received 88 USD then converted it into EUR. Then calculated those currency with google rate, how much USD you received based on google or bank conversion rate, then it could be only. as paypal gives less conversion rate.

I will suggest you to check with your paypal registered email. That transaction email should state that actually how much USD sent to you.
And also you will see the transaction breakdown stated fees or currency conversion if really that happened!

Same thing you can check with the transaction history from your paypal account.

No, I didn't convert it from Euro to USD in fact I need Euro, but yes in email it says PayPal takes a fee on transaction, thanks.

• Like 6

Just now, az_design1 said:

No, I didn't convert it from Euro to USD in fact I need Euro, but yes in email it says PayPal takes a fee on transaction, thanks.

Then I think there is some special instruction for EU Zone for withdrawals. Though I can't find it.
Better you reach customer support to clear with this for this one and also for future withdrwals.

• Like 6

When you withdraw next time, pay attention to the currency, if yours is set to €, could be by default if you're in the EU (one day, after they added the option to withdraw in local currency, it was suddenly set to € for me, so probably it is like that by default), you can change it to $. I always withdraw in $, and get the exact same $ amount to my PayPal. 

But, if you withdraw from Fiverr to your PayPal in € vs. in $, you'll already see the loss there. I checked a few times, after the option to withdraw in € was available, and it always seemed that it was advantageous to withdraw in $ and have the loss from PP to bank account, so I set my withdrawal currency back to $ then, and it stayed like that, luckily, I didn't have to remember resetting it at every withdrawal.

Unfortunately, there seems no way around that, as you'll need € in your bank account to pay your rent, etc.

Like visualstudios, I always leave a $ amount in my PayPal and pay anything I can pay in $ directly through PayPal, for example, a monthly Adobe subscription that I have for work. 

Collecting the $ and exchanging when the $/€ exchange rate would be favourable would make sense too, obviously, that is if you don't need the money immediately, and have the time and energy to watch the exchange rate. The downside is that it might make bookkeeping and tax stuff between $ and € even more annoying than it already is.

withdraw in dollars.png

Edited by miiila
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, miiila said:

When you withdraw next time, pay attention to the currency, if yours is set to €, could be by default if you're in the EU (one day, after they added the option to withdraw in local currency, it was suddenly set to € for me, so probably it is like that by default), you can change it to $. I always withdraw in $, and get the exact same $ amount to my PayPal. 

But, if you withdraw from Fiverr to your PayPal in € vs. in $, you'll already see the loss there. I checked a few times, after the option to withdraw in € was available, and it always seemed that it was advantageous to withdraw in $ and have the loss from PP to bank account, so I set my withdrawal currency back to $ then, and it stayed like that, luckily, I didn't have to remember resetting it at every withdrawal.

Unfortunately, there seems no way around that, as you'll need € in your bank account to pay your rent, etc.

Like visualstudios, I always leave a $ amount in my PayPal and pay anything I can pay in $ directly through PayPal, for example, a monthly Adobe subscription that I have for work. 

Collecting the $ and exchanging when the $/€ exchange rate would be favourable would make sense too, obviously, that is if you don't need the money immediately, and have the time and energy to watch the exchange rate. The downside is that it might make bookkeeping and tax stuff between $ and € even more annoying than it already is.

withdraw in dollars.png

Thanks for the info, I got it now, best regards.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

I live in US and just tested/can confirm there is zero (0) fee xferring to Paypal from Fiverr account "Balance for available use".
https://www.fiverr.com/content/payments-terms-and-conditions#:~:text=to Fiverr's approval.-,Withdrawal Methods,information%2C see Pricing and Fees.

as of 2/02/2023:
Withdrawal Methods

• Withdraw to your PayPal Account - US$0 Fee*. For a list of PayPal services by country click here.

• Fiverr Revenue Card™ - US$1 Fee* within 2 days, or US$3 Fee* within 2 hours. For more information, see Pricing and Fees. Available worldwide, except for India and Russia.

• Local Bank Transfer (LBT) - US$3 per transfer*. For more information, see Pricing and Fees. Available worldwide.

• Direct Deposit (ACH) - US$1 per transfer*. For more information, see Pricing and Fees. Available only in the US.

Edited by petehaase
  • Like 5