Scammed on fiverr

banee_

I got scammed one time on fiverr. It was few months ago. I'm video editor and one buyer bought my service and I did his job (with multiple revisions, he just asked me to change something every single time). Second time, same thing, but as last time, he asked me over and over again to change something in the video. After that he just said that he wants to cancell the order and I have been forced to cancell. I was suspicion, and I went straight to the support to tell them what's happening. Day after, I saw the video I edited on his youtube channel. Support didn't do anything about it, they just waited for his response which obviously did not happen. I reported the video to youtube and the video got deleted. I'm just curious how he downloaded the video without accepting the order, usually when you download the video, you accept the order. What do you think? Is it fiverr's fault? Sorry for my bad english btw.

15 hours ago, banee_ said:

After that he just said that he wants to cancell the order and I have been forced to cancell.

If a buyer asks for a cancellation, you have to approve it before it gets cancelled. As such, you cannot be forced to cancel an order. You have the right to say no.

8 hours ago, lotus3000 said:

Please, stop offer multiple or unlimited revision. It can effect on your service. 

@lotus3000 I understand your concern, but in real life practice the numbers of pain with unlimited revisions is too negligible for a skilled person.

Also, 

It depends on the quality of the work and also the customer support strategy.
When a buyer placed an order it doesn't mean that you gave him something really don't fit for his business or requirements. And he is not responsible to pay more to complete the task or leave with those poor work.

On the other hand, a great customer support strategy can lead your business to the next level. As @banee_ already said he offers this to make them 100% satisfied. I hope you got your answer.

44 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

@lotus3000 I understand your concern, but in real life practice the numbers of pain with unlimited revisions is too negligible for a skilled person.

Also, 

It depends on the quality of the work and also the customer support strategy.
When a buyer placed an order it doesn't mean that you gave him something really don't fit for his business or requirements. And he is not responsible to pay more to complete the task or leave with those poor work.

On the other hand, a great customer support strategy can lead your business to the next level. As @banee_ already said he offers this to make them 100% satisfied. I hope you got your answer.

If a seller offers unlimited revision but it is included as a cheap service that many buyers think. So pricing and revision should be chosen carefully. But sometimes it can be different.

1 hour ago, banee_ said:

@lotus3000 I would rather finish their work for them to be 100% satisfied instead of getting a bad review.

There are different types of people living in the world and also fiver. So you can’t satisfy them all. But if you take any responsibility for any sector, you must follow some rules.

4 minutes ago, lotus3000 said:

If a seller offers unlimited revision but it is included as a cheap service that many buyers think. So pricing and revision should be chosen carefully. But sometimes it can be different.

I believe pricing and offered service is really a personal matter and personal business strategy.

Fiverr is a professional platform, here only skilled and sellers with quality can survive.

6 hours ago, seven_sign said:

I believe pricing and offered service is really a personal matter and personal business strategy.

Fiverr is a professional platform, here only skilled and sellers with quality can survive.

Business strategy is a trick to attract customers. The business strategy is to decide what to do before delivering a product or service to a customer. Price selection is important eliment of business strategy. If you know the best use of business strategy. You can get closer to your target customer. It is not personal matter it is include in business strategy.And business strategy not a personal matter. It's a business matter.

13 minutes ago, lotus3000 said:

Business strategy is a trick to attract customers. The business strategy is to decide what to do before delivering a product or service to a customer. Price selection is important eliment of business strategy. If you know the best use of business strategy. You can get closer to your target customer. It is not personal matter it is include in business strategy.And business strategy not a personal matter. It's a business matter.

I think none has right to define what should be the business strategy of someone else.

Same as for buyers. They choose the seller based on their budget and requirements. And that's the reason From $5 to above amounts service gigs get orders. Else, all clients will order who are providing Cheap prices. Buy why they don't!
Honestly, none there asks for unlimited revisions, also they don't ask for as well, but this simple line gives a positive impression to buyers.

And to get advantage over the competitors within same service price, anyone can plan something like this.

Now sometimes there are few challenging buyers, it happens rare.
Also the sector he is working with, it demands the perfection with creativity and fulfill buyer's requirement's along with satisfaction.

And that's the reason fiverr didn't gave any rules with pricing except at least $5.

16 minutes ago, seven_sign said:

I think none has right to define what should be the business strategy of someone else.

Same as for buyers. They choose the seller based on their budget and requirements. And that's the reason From $5 to above amounts service gigs get orders. Else, all clients will order who are providing Cheap prices. Buy why they don't!
Honestly, none there asks for unlimited revisions, also they don't ask for as well, but this simple line gives a positive impression to buyers.

And to get advantage over the competitors within same service price, anyone can plan something like this.

Now sometimes there are few challenging buyers, it happens rare.
Also the sector he is working with, it demands the perfection with creativity and fulfill buyer's requirement's along with satisfaction.

And that's the reason fiverr didn't gave any rules with pricing except at least $5.

I don't think anyone has the right to protest against the opinion of others. Everyone shares their thoughts for their experience. This does not mean that everyone has the same experience.

2 hours ago, lotus3000 said:

Everyone has his own business strategy which is his personal matter, own strategy.
We can't ask someone directly to stop offering any features. Also, he answered that why he is doing.

We can suggest something we know. We can ask to know more about the benefits to update knowledgebase.

I think it will be wise for me to be silent from responding!

It's a very bad business strategy to offer unlimited revisions.

Yes, you may get some clients. Clients you shouldn't want. 

My clients would never want unlimited revisions. They value their time. They want it done right, and if I can't do it right in 1 or 2 revisions, it's a waste of time for everyone. 

Offering unlimited revisions gets you buyers that:

1) Know you're not confident in your work. If you were, you would refuse unlimited revisions, because you would know you could get it right with a couple.
2) Know that they can demand everything they want, forever (unlimited means unlimited)
3) Know you're desperate (if you had tons of sales, all paying very well, etc., you would never offer unlimited revisions, because you wouldn't need to)

And, most of all, you'll get buyers that don't value their time (if they valued their time they would not accept going back and forth on multiple revisions, so they wouldn't care about you offering unlimited revisions at all, they wouldn't want to use them). And if the buyers don't value their own time, they will not value yours.

You do not want those buyers.

12 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

There are two ways to learn: the hard way and the easy way. So far, I have only seen users learning the hard way.

The advice not to offer unlimited revisions has only been understood by those who have felt the harm of it firsthand and after finding themselves immersed in the nightmare that ensues from it.

Someday, perhaps, people will end understanding it without needing to experiment to see whether it's true or not.

1 minute ago, maitasun said:

The advice not to offer unlimited revisions has only been understood by those who have felt the harm of it firsthand and after finding themselves immersed in the nightmare that ensues from it.

I got it right away, didn't need to go through that, never offered them, and didn't need to read it from someone else either. It's common sense, really. Unfortunately that's precisely what most sellers seem to lack.

6 hours ago, visualstudios said:

Yes, you may get some clients. Clients you shouldn't want. 

My clients would never want unlimited revisions. They value their time. They want it done right, and if I can't do it right in 1 or 2 revisions, it's a waste of time for everyone. 

Offering unlimited revisions gets you buyers that:

1) Know you're not confident in your work. If you were, you would refuse unlimited revisions, because you would know you could get it right with a couple.
2) Know that they can demand everything they want, forever (unlimited means unlimited)
3) Know you're desperate (if you had tons of sales, all paying very well, etc., you would never offer unlimited revisions, because you wouldn't need to)

And, most of all, you'll get buyers that don't value their time (if they valued their time they would not accept going back and forth on multiple revisions, so they wouldn't care about you offering unlimited revisions at all, they wouldn't want to use them). And if the buyers don't value their own time, they will not value yours.

You do not want those buyers.

You are Right. I also think that.

7 hours ago, seven_sign said:

Everyone has his own business strategy which is his personal matter, own strategy.
We can't ask someone directly to stop offering any features. Also, he answered that why he is doing.

We can suggest something we know. We can ask to know more about the benefits to update knowledgebase.

I think it will be wise for me to be silent from responding!

I also think it wiil be wise to silent from unnecessary comments with others. 

Archived