How does a new seller become successful!?

yoavediting

I don't get it🤔

Why would a customer buy from a new seller (like me), when he has the option to choose and buy from a large variety of veteran sellers with hundreds of good reviews?

Why would a customer give me a chance, and choose me over the successful sellers in my niche? 

How can this work? I won't get exposure and good reviews if customers don't buy from me, but if customers don't buy from me - I won't get exposure and good reviews😫

What am I supposed to do?

I am also a new seller only one month experience in fiverr 

I have sent 100 buyer request & try to active as much as I can ,through PC & mobile 

from the 100 buyer request I got 5 knocks. from them I got 2 projects 

I believe this is just the beginning & beginning is always hardest 

keep trying , hope for the  best 

Ok.

1. Improve your skill.

2. Focus on Gig ranking. Marketing your gig.

3. Try to active always.

4. Try to send 10 buyer request everyday.

5. Try to understand what buyer need from you and complete the order.

I hope you will be success one day. Good Luck!

2 hours ago, yoavediting said:

I applaud you thinking this through. A couple things to consider.

1. Ignore all the folks who will give you foolish, debunked advice like "stay online always" I see 2 of those have already popped up to offer you nonsense advice. It is not necessary to remain online at all. The fiverr app will notify when you get a message or an order. 

2. Every successful seller here started where you are now. For each, it was a slow start with the same concerns. Patience is definitely important. But so is making sure that your gig is attractive, clearly written (no typos) and that you sell yourself properly in the description.  

3. Price yourself low at the beginning. Everyone had to stand on the corner in a mini skirt and heels at the beginning to get the first few orders.

4. Hold your nose, and respond to buyers requests. Do this to get as many reviews as possible to start getting a little traction in the algorithm. The algo rewards profitability, so the small sales at the beginning do count. Stop doing buyers requests as soon as you can afford to, followed by a long shower and a good cry.

5. Treat your customers really well and do good work, but don't let bully buyers (you will have em especially at the lower price range) take advantage of you.

6. As soon as you get some momentum toward level 1, raise your prices to earn more and leave the $5 buyers in the dust.

Good luck. the fact that you are thinking about it, and you can communicate effectively already puts you way ahead of the flood of new sellers here, but it is crowded here. So get the gigs perfect, and best of luck.

Tips for Sellers

This category is for posts with original tips for sellers to utilize. If you want to ask for tips, please use Improve my Gig.

Always read the category heading before posting.

2 hours ago, yoavediting said:

Why would a customer give me a chance, and choose me over the successful sellers in my niche? 

Check this out: 

3 hours ago, yoavediting said:

I don't get it🤔

Why would a customer buy from a new seller (like me), when he has the option to choose and buy from a large variety of veteran sellers with hundreds of good reviews?

How can this work? I won't get exposure and good reviews if customers don't buy from me, but if customers don't buy from me - I won't get exposure and good reviews😫

Stick to it. One day success will come.

Good advice for New Cellular One and a half

• Make your gig completely perfect and unique
  • Stay active all the time with mobile or PC
  • The buyer requests and waits for the buyer's SMS
  • If you send an SMS to your wife, you will try to reply immediately

Thank you

4 hours ago, ti_seo_service said:

I am also a new seller only one month experience in fiverr 

I have sent 100 buyer request & try to active as much as I can ,through PC & mobile 

from the 100 buyer request I got 5 knocks. from them I got 2 projects 

I believe this is just the beginning & beginning is always hardest 

keep trying , hope for the  best 

Please share your buyer request system

3 hours ago, roni_6064 said:

Good advice for New Cellular One and a half

• Make your gig completely perfect and unique
  • Stay active all the time with mobile or PC
  • The buyer requests and waits for the buyer's SMS
  • If you send an SMS to your wife, you will try to reply immediately

Are you ok? I wanted to make sure you weren't having a stroke or something?

8 hours ago, newsmike said:

1. Ignore all the folks who will give you foolish, debunked advice like "stay online always" I see 2 of those have already popped up to offer you nonsense advice. It is not necessary to remain online at all. The fiverr app will notify when you get a message or an order. 

2. Every successful seller here started where you are now. For each, it was a slow start with the same concerns. Patience is definitely important. But so is making sure that your gig is attractive, clearly written (no typos) and that you sell yourself properly in the description.  

3. Price yourself low at the beginning. Everyone had to stand on the corner in a mini skirt and heels at the beginning to get the first few orders.

4. Hold your nose, and respond to buyers requests. Do this to get as many reviews as possible to start getting a little traction in the algorithm. The algo rewards profitability, so the small sales at the beginning do count. Stop doing buyers requests as soon as you can afford to, followed by a long shower and a good cry.

5. Treat your customers really well and do good work, but don't let bully buyers (you will have em especially at the lower price range) take advantage of you.

6. As soon as you get some momentum toward level 1, raise your prices to earn more and leave the $5 buyers in the dust.

Good luck. the fact that you are thinking about it, and you can communicate effectively already puts you way ahead of the flood of new sellers here, but it is crowded here. So get the gigs perfect, and best of luck.

Thanks to share such a effective tips . But I have one question- If I am not connected with fiverr most of time how could i answer the buyer message ? The fiverr notification sound will ring when i am online otherwise i can never get it.  You know for the beginner its so important to answer the buyer in time. Because buyer never wait seller answer long time when seller has no review or experience.

40 minutes ago, brave_designer said:

If I am not connected with fiverr most of time how could i answer the buyer message ?

For most of us, when we log on in the morning, there are either orders or messages. We respond and then move on. The app is a good way to know when you have either. The last thing you want to do is work for someone who is so demanding that they can't wait for a response. You know that will not end well. 

15 hours ago, newsmike said:

Thanks for helpful tips.

Archived