Jump to content

Hide reported posts awaiting moderation


surajkartha

Recommended Posts

Was hoping if you can introduce a feature where reported posts are hidden till they are approved by the moderators. 

As things are right now, it takes several hours for the reported posts to be looked into which is understandable considering we may not have that many mods versus the number of posts being reported.

At the same time, it's not appropriate for questionable posts to be showing up while they are awaiting moderation. I witnessed someone bully multiple users over the weekend, and sadly those posts were only removed after the damage had been done... 

Hence posting a request for this feature to be implemented ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2021 at 5:37 AM, surajkartha said:

Was hoping if you can introduce a feature where reported posts are hidden till they are approved by the moderators. 

As things are right now, it takes several hours for the reported posts to be looked into which is understandable considering we may not have that many mods versus the number of posts being reported.

Hi, Suraj!

Yes, it is possible to automatically hide posts while awaiting for m oderation after they've been reported. Admin just need to set up after how many reports posts get hidden.

From the Invision Community Guide page (https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/staff-and-moderation/moderating-content-r74/) *Bold text mine.

Automatic Moderation

There comes a time when your community is so successful that it can be a little tough to keep up with all the content and reports. To help with this, you can make use of our automatic moderation feature, which performs actions when an item of content is reported by a user of your community.

This  feature leverages your member reports to automatically remove objectionable content from public view.

You as the admin will define thresholds for the content. For example, you may say that to hide content, a post needs 5 reports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, maitasun said:

Arggggg, my post got hidden. 😡

This is a screenshot of what I wrote.

 

mp.jpg

Oh.. So it's doable.. As things are right now, posts should be hidden after being reported only once..😂 

Appreciate the share though.. Must have required some digging.. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why should posts be hidden after being reported once...

 

You are telling me you want to have some kind of god power to silence anyone you want if you don't agree with their comment just by clicking on it?

 

The only time this would be acceptable in my book is spam as that is universally unacceptable.

 

Offence taken is subjective.. Just because it offends you 10000 others may agree with it on the forum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whenever I write something actually meaningful (I did just now in a topic I started) it goes to pending hell. When I spend a long time writing content that's helpful (at least I hope it is) it goes directly to pending. But when thousands of new sellers post the same stupid stuff over and over again, it goes through. 

I know, a bit off topic, but I'm pissed off. :P 

But yes, I agree. Reported posts should be hidden if many report it. If only one person report it and it goes away, that could lead to trouble with abusing the report button. And the few mo ds we have would be even less effective. 

As things are now the mo deration of the forum is useless. Totally useless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hard disagree. That would make it trivial to censor people when the moderators are away. I don't like someone? Report, their post is hidden, and in the time it can take a moderator to check it, the conversation has moved on and I've effectively silenced someone. Nothing should be hidden by default.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, drasnia said:

Why should posts be hidden after being reported once...

 

You are telling me you want to have some kind of god power to silence anyone you want if you don't agree with their comment just by clicking on it?

 

The only time this would be acceptable in my book is spam as that is universally unacceptable.

 

Offence taken is subjective.. Just because it offends you 10000 others may agree with it on the forum

Geez go easy there mate.. I was referring to spam posts when I said.. 

1 hour ago, surajkartha said:

As things are right now, posts should be hidden after being reported only once..😂 

Dang.. silence, offense, God power. I am not a dictator for God's sake.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, drasnia said:

Why should posts be hidden after being reported once...

I think he was just being sarcastic, since my post got immediately hidden (maybe a triggered word), unlike those posts that have been reported and reported ad nauseam, and never get deleted or hidden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

Hard disagree. That would make it trivial to censor people when the moderators are away. I don't like someone? Report, their post is hidden, and in the time it can take a moderator to check it, the conversation has moved on and I've effectively silenced someone. Nothing should be hidden by default.

Ya I agree... If there is a better way I am all in for it.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, surajkartha said:

Geez go easy there mate.. I was referring to spam posts when I said.. 

Dang.. silence, offense, God power. I am not a dictator for God's sake.. 

 

yeah but you weren't talking about the spam bud you were talking about "bullying" 

 

Which will mean it will be someone over the weekend who was having a pop at Indian spammers that's who you were referring to "silencing"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, drasnia said:

Which will mean it will be someone over the weekend who was having a pop at Indian spammers that's who you were referring to "silencing"

Pure speculation mate..

8 minutes ago, drasnia said:

yeah but you weren't talking about the spam bud you were talking about "bullying" 

Ya so I thought you were referring to my second post.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

bud its not speculation its a fact... I could even name the seller you are speaking off

 

Everyone on this thread knows who you are speaking off its that UK guy... Who quite frankly is the only one who dared to voice what many of us thought for months

 

Please don't take us all for low intelligence morons we are able to read between the lines

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, drasnia said:

I just think the forum has a lot bigger issues to sort before it chases people who speak harshly to spammers

Exactly, like getting rid of spammers. 😅
Jokes aside ( OK, that wasn't actually a joke I was in fact serious...),  I think I'm quite harsh/straightforward towards spammers at times,
I don't think they got hidden or went into pending?? Or I was simply dumb enough not to notice that it happened.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, drasnia said:

I didn't call you anything. I'm not here to offend you 

 

I just think the forum has a lot bigger issues to sort before it chases people who speak harshly to spammers

Oh well glad to hear that, I too am not here to offend anyone either.. so guess we are on the same page there.. cheers..

And sure, you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.. I just want to be able to submit my suggestion without being judged or subjected to a trial over it. If that was asking for too much, my sincerest apologies... that's all I got to say...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...