Please tell me which word not to use on fiverr market place. I think every seller it's need know it. 1. Pay 2. Payment 3. Outside 4. money 5. Paypal 6. Payoneer or others 7. any social media 8. Whatsapp 9. Email 10. s***e. If you know more word not use on fiverr, please share in the comments.

• Like 5

• logo_ceo changed the title to Which word not to use on Fiverr? Tips for New Sellers

Some words might trigger the system and give a warning, but are actually fine to use depending on the context. For example, money/pay/payment etc I've used many times which was fine because it simply was a negotiation. Social media can also be okay, depending on the service you provide. 

It would be best if you avoid mentioning reviews/feedback etc though, because asking for this is against Fiverr's rules. Overall (as I mentioned above), it all depends on the context you use words in 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sabinespoems said:

It would be best if you avoid mentioning reviews/feedback etc though, because asking for this is against Fiverr's rules.

It's not against the rules to ask for or mention a review, as long as you're not specifically asking for anything positive.

• Like 1

The automatic filter is there to warn you not to break the rules. The words themselves aren't outlawed. It depends on why you're using them. Every user on Fiverr has agreed to follow the terms of service. I bet only a fraction has actually read them. 

I try to avoid using words like Pay etc. because it can delay messages if it goes via the Trust and Safety team. So if I have to negotiate with a buyer, I'll use "rate" "budget" "funds" etc. 

But the point is to follow the rules, and the automatic word filters are there to remind you: Fiverr is watching, and you better behave! 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, visualstudios said:

It's not against the rules to ask for or mention a review, as long as you're not specifically asking for anything positive.

I wasn't aware, thanks for clarifying! I guess to me when you mention a review, it implicitly means you ask for someone to write something positive since nobody wants a negative review on their page. Asking for feedback is different, because you can learn from a buyer's insights. 

I also figured mentioning a review is futile since Fiverr reminds buyers multiple times to do so. But ah well, the more you know!

• Like 2

Context is everything. Any word is fine, as long as it's explained by context. 

Suppose you're a graphic designer, and the buyer wants the design to mention their PayPal address. You'll obviously be fine in using the word PayPal in discussions, it's unavoidable. This applies to any and all words. Stuff like "e-mail" is particularly ridiculous, since that word goes on EVERYTHING. "Outside" is just insane, that somebody would think that word would be forbidden just shows that person is totally clueless and shouldn't be running a business since they lack any kind of critical thinking skills.

Forbidding the word "outside" would be like forbidding the word "black" or "blue". Next step would be forbidding verbs, I guess. Now that I think of it, Fiverr should just implement newspeak across the platform, that would be doubleplusgood and that way they could indeed forbid 90% of words.

Edited by visualstudios