PSA: Reply to messages before marking as spam.

markadamsdesign

I received a message that was clearly spam. Marked it within the hour as spam, no big deal. Fiverr says it doesn't count towards response rate.

Next day, response rate falls. I check the forums, which say to unblock, reply, then mark as spam again.

Next day, response rate falls further. My level is demoted. I contact Fiverr, who say that since I didn't mark it as spam within the first 24 hours, it affected my response rate. 

I replied saying that I did, in fact, mark it as spam within the first 24 hours, but that it was counting it against my response rate so I checked for a solution on the forums.

After several messages back and forth, I eventually got everything restored, but not after being berated in each message about how I should always be sure to mark things as spam within the first 24 hours (even though that's exactly what I did) and to not follow advice on the forums without checking in with Fiverr support first.

So. My lesson learned? Respond, even if it is spam, and then mark it as spam.

I am really confused now!
Cause I used to click on spam directly without writing anything.
I didn't face any response rate falling issues.

But yeah, sometimes I just reply them and then click on spam.

Based on your experience I think better to write them anything and then mark it as spam.
Though in my real life practice, I didn't face issues like yours.

Archived