On 8/15/2021 at 6:18 PM, servicestore85 said:

. Seller will never focus on budget, he will focus on doing your project

Ahahahahah no. At least an "expert" won't, doesn't matter if it's new here or not. Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 34
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 2

On 8/15/2021 at 11:18 PM, servicestore85 said:

You should follow every top-rated seller who was a new seller once a time. New sellers always try to make you 100% satisfied and take a small amount cause they need to grow their account. But if you do not filter new sellers you will get a bad experience with them. You should check his experience level, his behavior, communication, and previous work. If you can find an expert new seller you will get proper support for your project and spend a little buck.

Here are some tips for finding expert new seller-

1. Expert new seller always have good communication skill

2. Seller understand what you need

3. Seller will provide his previous work and showcase his expertise

4. Seller will never focus on budget, he will focus on doing your project

You need to always check new expertise either you will experience a bad situation. But never suppose every new seller is a fraud and not an expert. There are lots of people has successfully local business or client but they are want to start on Fiverr, now he can't jump top-rated seller he will start from a new seller.

thank you my brother, it's helpfull for me.

• Like 34
  • Congrats! 1

I know, everyone new seller when he joins this platform. Must be given the chance the new seller but if you have a big project then must need good and expert seller because he knows how to handle finish the big project. Budget does not matter for good quality work.

• Like 38

On 8/15/2021 at 12:18 PM, servicestore85 said:

Expert new seller always have good communication skill

I've been a seller here, on Fiverr, for over seven years. In my long Fiverr forum experience, I can 100% disagree with your comment. The vast majority of new sellers who come to the forum, claim to be "experts", but have nothing to show for it. Most also have deficiencies in communication, which they, themselves, don't realize. Many new sellers here do not speak English as their native language, and that, right there, is the #1 reason why they are not able to connect to buyers.

Seller understand what you need

Not always. Many new sellers just want to get paid, and have not yet developed an understanding of how effective business works.

Seller will provide his previous work and showcase his expertise

Most new sellers don't seem to have any previous work to showcase, and far too many new sellers just take images from the internet, and post them as their own.

Seller will never focus on budget, he will focus on doing your project

I disagree here too. Most new sellers severely undercut their worth just to get an order.

To be completely honest, I always find myself a little offended when new sellers, such as yourself, come to the forums, and post how important it is for buyers to hire new sellers. New sellers do not yet have a reputation on this site, and those who claim they are better than veteran sellers -- for the reasons you have noted -- are just posting because they want more  orders. Most buyers are looking for skill, experience, and social proof. They usually base their buying choices on sellers who have proven their abilities on this site. 

New sellers are not better than veteran sellers, just because they are new. New sellers need to understand how to build a reputation as a great seller on this site, if they want to achieve the same kind of success as the long-selling veterans that have been here for years.

On 8/15/2021 at 12:21 PM, theratypist said:

The problem is all new sellers will likely have "expert" written on their description

Exactly. If a new seller has to make a point of telling buyers that he/she is an expert, the odds are strong that he/she is not. Experts let their skills and reputation speak for themselves.

• Like 41
  • Up 8

On 8/16/2021 at 4:07 PM, newsmike said:

Yeah, we get it. But @theratypist's point is that most will be lying about being experts just to get sales. 

yeah thats partially true in some context, but most of the time new sellers like me really had some potential to do something BIG

• Like 32
  • Up 2

1 minute ago, seo_aoyon said:

but if you hire a new seller, they will try to give their best

Are you suggesting that if a buyer chooses to hire a long-time veteran seller, that seller won't give best effort/work? 

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 36

8 hours ago, seo_aoyon said:

yes no one owed to anything but if you hire a new seller, they will try to give their best

I think that may be true for some, absolutely. But you cannot speak for the entire crop of new sellers. Many of them may try, but are clearly exaggerating their skill set, cannot communicate properly and break TOS. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2021 at 11:21 PM, theratypist said:

The problem is all new sellers will likely have "expert" written on their description

It is not always the case that if you are a new seller, you will be able to write the description neatly. There are many new seller who can't write a description properly but can do a very good job.

• Like 31

11 minutes ago, rkmanvia said:

It is not always the case that if you are a new seller, you will be able to write the description neatly. There are many new seller who can't write a description properly but can do a very good job.

two week fast track institute brother... Better than Harvard.

Everyone is expert pro we just cant type sentences 

Edited by drasnia
  • Like 27
  • Haha 5
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, rkmanvia said:

Communication is important. Why hire someone who cannot communicate professionally, when you can hire someone who can do the job and is educated as well. This is not a charity designed to help illiterates prosper. It is a competitive business platform. 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rkmanvia said:

who can't write a description properly but can do a very good job.

I've seen new graphic designers who are actually skilled, but unfortunately their English skills were not quite there yet. Their defense was "Our work will speak for us, it's OK if our English is not that good."
Well, it's not. If I saw 2 gigs, both looked very good with amazing original samples, but one had a good description with zero grammar errors and the other had errors in them there is a HIGH chance I'll take the seller with the better English.
One reason is because I get the feeling I would have less problems communicating. It's hard to get your point across at times even if both of you spoke the same language at a native level, I believe it will be even harder if the other person lacked the language skills.
Second is English level etc aside, the seller did not take the time and didn't bother proofreading the description, did not ask a native/native level person to check the description. That for me is lack of professionalism. For me personally, this is the bigger reason why I would avoid a seller with poor description.

IF the images or samples were blow-my-mind-and knock-my-socks-and-sneakers-off-level good, then I might go for the seller with the poor description.
I kinda think that's rare though...

• Like 31
  • Up 2

3 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

I've seen new graphic designers who are actually skilled, but unfortunately their English skills were not quite there yet. Their defense was "Our work will speak for us, it's OK if our English is not that good."
Well, it's not. If I saw 2 gigs, both looked very good with amazing original samples, but one had a good description with zero grammar errors and the other had errors in them there is a HIGH chance I'll take the seller with the better English.
One reason is because I get the feeling I would have less problems communicating. It's hard to get your point across at times even if both of you spoke the same language at a native level, I believe it will be even harder if the other person lacked the language skills.
Second is English level etc aside, the seller did not take the time and didn't bother proofreading the description, did not ask a native/native level person to check the description. That for me is lack of professionalism. For me personally, this is the bigger reason why I would avoid a seller with poor description.

IF the images or samples were blow-my-mind-and knock-my-socks-and-sneakers-off-level good, then I might go for the seller with the poor description.
I kinda think that's rare though...

That is ok until you find out he actually stole the samples off somebody else like lots do and he cant speak English

The truth is this year new sellers can't be trusted.... I'd love to say its the minority spoiling it for the majority... But in reality this year it seems like 90% of new sellers are frauds or expert pros with no experience 

Edited by drasnia
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, drasnia said:

The truth is this year new sellers can't be trusted

Not with the pipleline of parrots coming from a concentrated area right now. They are all reading the same pamphlet, show up, steal from other users, then spam the forum about not getting sales. They all expect to have money appear now that they have finally shown up.  The most frustrating part is that they dont even read the advice given in the forum, and just parrot "thank you" all day. I believe many can't even read what is being offered. This is a real problem right now. 

• Like 33
  • Haha 2