Scam in buyer request ?

afnan_osman

Hi everyone !

Earlier this week I'm getting a lot of buyer requests which dictate to do specific photo editings . But some of those include a link and tell you that they need the images to be edited like that. However if you click to that link you see that it directs to a seller gig, and the buyer is astonishingly the owner of that gig (that really annoyed me). Basically they do it for impressions I reckon. I'm quite new to fiverr so I don't know if it's allowed or even if it should be done. May be I'm wrong. But what do you guys think about this matter ?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, afnan_osman said:

But what do you guys think about this matter ?

Yes, it is a flood of scammers. Report them to CS, but don't hold your breath. This is becoming something that fiverr has to deal with eventually. It is the reason that fiverr needs to charge sellers a monthly amount to sell here. Otherwise there will soon be 6 billion inexperienced, Wordpress and translation "experts" here all doing the same thing. 

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, mizanexpert said:

Why  you report?

Will "because they're violating Fiverr's TOS" be a good answer for you?

10 minutes ago, mizanexpert said:

I don't think it's good to report

You may think whatever you like, but the truth is that users who cheat or don't follow Fiverr's TOS must be reported and will be reported, whether you like it or not.

Edited by maitasun
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, theratypist said:

My mistake typing sounds like you pressed random letters on the keyboard. Consider changing your seller language 😬

• English  - Native/Bilingual

See, instead of spending time responding, we can save loads of time replying with gibberish and still arrive at "Instagram, bro". Instead of advice, from now on I respond with cut/paste "You can save up to 15% on your auto insurance by switching to Geico." 

Congas.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, newsmike said:

See, instead of spending time responding, we can save loads of time replying with gibberish and still arrive at "Instagram, bro". Instead of advice, from now on I respond with cut/paste "You can save up to 15% on your auto insurance by switching to Geico." 

Congas.  

Con gas = with gas, in Spanish. This is beginning to smell. 

cbbuh7rqvvs21.jpg

• Haha 6