Changing my Username [ARCHIVED]

ajperryjr

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The answers on here amaze me. yes it is not possible to change your name. But that is only because Fiverr doesn’t allow it. It is not a technologically hard thing to make it so that a name change changes the subdirectory name that all info is stored under. I know this from managing my own domains with file managers. Also although a buyer may be confused by a name change if the profile is otherwise the same there is no reason this would allow scammers some kind of super power. That’s like saying if I change my name on Facebook my Facebook friends will think I’m a new person. I too would like the ability to change my profile name and don’t want to be bothered with the nuisance of creating a new account.

Guest roomiprogrammer

Reply to @kjblynx: That’s great solution if Fiverr is really going to let us change the username then the last username links should redirect to our new username links (Y) I truly appreciate your thinking 😉

• 4 weeks later...

Please fiverr, I need to change my username!! I signed up ages ago when I was a lot younger, I don’t even know what I was thinking… Ellie ‘Da Best’ now I’m a lot older and have a good reputation on fiverr as a level 1 seller I want my name to be more professional! Deleting my account and making a new one with a better name isn’t an option as I have reviews and have made lots of sells on this account and I’m not willing to start over again :((

One solution that Steam uses (for that exact same reason, people hiding by changing names) is to have a person have an “also known as” entry. If you hover over them, you can see what their previous display names were. This is not going to be disruptive to buyers, but still allows people to keep track of people who change their names.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just adding my voice to those who would also appreciate the opportunity to change user names. When I signed up I didn’t expect to use fiverr to sell services. At the time I just saw myself as a shopper. Now that I am a seller I would prefer not to use my real name. Maybe they could make it a rule that you can only change your name once? Sometimes people make mistakes or circumstances change. I think a chance to fix that is more than reasonable.

Reply to @fartfighter: It’s your 67% positive rating that’s killing your sales, not your name. Ironically, your name is more memorable than other names I’ve seen. Maybe you should hire me to come up with some names for you. Be happy you’re FartFighter and not FartFighter22 (what happens when a name is popular).

Or you can close your Fiverr account, and join again as DesignWarrior or Gladiator or something that’s easy to spell, ArtConnoisseur is a great name if you remember how to spell connoisseur.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The only reason I would like to change my name is that it has nothing to do what I’m selling - when I created my account, it was for buying - I never thought I’d be selling; now I would like an easier name to remember and more appropriate for my business. I’ve seen some sites allow a name change only once every 6-12 months, and it retains the previous account names for public view by clicking on “AKA” next to the current account name. I’ve also seen a few sites that allow multiple accounts provided they are linked as a sub-account – this way multiple account names can be used for different product/service groups, but are associated with the main account – shown as [mainID:subID] when you are on a sub-account… this is easily automated, and monitored.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are legitimate reasons why you might want to switch your Fiverr username.

E.g. you are a company and you provide services as a company. One day you sell the company or decide you need a brand change. But you are stuck with the old Fiverr username forever.

Do you have an argument against this?

• 1 month later...

Reply to @videosmaker24: I have a similar story - I started my account with the intention of selling marketing related services… but I ended up falling in love with the video creation process and that’s what I sell now… but I keep getting requests for marketing gigs that I don’t have any time to help with. I really wish I could somehow keep all my reviews yet have a username that’s more fitting to the services I actually provide.

• 1 month later...

Archived