Did I just ALMOST fell into a scam trap?

thatbandfan10

Question

I sent an offer for a buyer from the "buyer's requests" tab. This buyer told me to contact them through Whatsapp and I did. They gave me vague details that told me I am the one that should pay an amount of deposit money to them! What is this? I am new here so I thought I would ask you all to help me identify what has just happened and if I should report this person. Thankfully, I did not pursue any transactions with this shady person that kept calling me "dear".

3 answers to this question

The first mistake and Fiverr TOS violation you did by contacting outside.
According to your statement, I can say that he is a scammer.

As he is a scammer, then you can directly block him on fiverr and outside as well.

Do not violate Fiverr TOS.

On 8/15/2021 at 5:28 PM, thatbandfan10 said:

I sent an offer for a buyer from the "buyer's requests" tab. This buyer told me to contact them through Whatsapp and I did. They gave me vague details that told me I am the one that should pay an amount of deposit money to them! What is this? I am new here so I thought I would ask you all to help me identify what has just happened and if I should report this person. Thankfully, I did not pursue any transactions with this shady person that kept calling me "dear".

Always try to read out the ToS of Fiverr and before sending any massage to anyone check his/her profile once. 

As it was mentioned before, you just violated the Terms of Services on Fiverr. Before you continue offering your services I recommend you to read the TOS to make sure you don't risk your account. Regarding to the "buyer," it is most likely a scammer trying to take advange of a new seller. You should absolutely report to Fiverr customer support.

Archived