What's your favorite TV series?

smashradio

55 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

If you like crime shows but want to take a break from something too serious like Criminal Minds, Death in Paradise is a good choice. 🙂

Sure 👍 Arigato zeus777-san 🙏 if you like serious crime shows do give Mindhunter a watch if you haven't already.. Since it's based on real events, it's ya somewhat unsettling 😨

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, surajkartha said:

do give Mindhunter a watch

OHHHHHHHH, I have, I have!!!
I'm a biiiiit of a "true crime freak" if you will, and my friend recommended that to me. My jaw dropped when I saw Ed Kemper, the actor did a fantastic job.
When I saw a glimpse of that particular guy at that one particular scene, I knew right away it was Wayne Williams...and that kinda scared my friend! 😅

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, surajkartha said:

Sure 👍 Arigato zeus777-san 🙏 if you like serious crime shows do give Mindhunter a watch if you haven't already.. Since it's based on real events, it's ya somewhat unsettling 😨

Didn't mindhunter get cancelled? I hate getting into new shows when I know they aren't completed or still ongoing. Did that with V, and I'm still pissed off about it. 🤣

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

Didn't mindhunter get cancelled?

According to some online news, it's says: "season three is on indefinite hold (not technically cancelled)"
Not sure what that means, but I'll try to.....well, wait for it to restart...someday!?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, olyasr said:

The Republic of Sarah

Nice.. I may have skipped it because of it's low iMBD rating... but I may have to give it a chance now that you mentioned it.. appreciate the share 🙂 

5 hours ago, zeus777 said:

OHHHHHHHH, I have, I have!!!
I'm a biiiiit of a "true crime freak" if you will, and my friend recommended that to me. My jaw dropped when I saw Ed Kemper, the actor did a fantastic job.
When I saw a glimpse of that particular guy at that one particular scene, I knew right away it was Wayne Williams...and that kinda scared my friend! 😅

Hahaha.. ya I was surprised at how they managed to get the perfect doppelgangers to play the role of these serial killers... that itself was mindblowing.. for me it was when Ford visited Ed in the hospital, that gave me chills.. dang..

5 hours ago, smashradio said:

Did that with V, and I'm still pissed off about it. 🤣

I know the feeling.. Happened with The OA.. that was one of my favorites and was supposed to be 5 seasons long till Netflix decided to cancel it just after 2 seasons.. on the other hand, they have no issues with housing Lucifer... I mean Lucifer's nice fun show don't get me wrong but cancelling The OA? 😑 I just didn't understand what happened there as with most of these cancellations..

Now that I think of it.. there's a show called "Taboo" *ing Tom Hardy that I absolutely enjoyed, I would place it at the top of my list really... and Barry *ing Bill Hader.. these were good too..

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2021 at 3:45 AM, surajkartha said:

Happened with The OA.. that was one of my favorites

I'm still really sad about this. I keep wanting to rewatch it, but what's the point without a proper ending? Even if someone did comics or something, I'd be into that.

My favorites are: Strangers Things (if I had to pick one it would be this), Haunting of Hill House (and Bly Manor, too), Bones, Scrubs, X-Files, Drop Dead Diva, Firefly, and Doctor Who. I'm currently reconnecting with my teenage self by unironically rewatching Lois and Clark. 

Runner up is Tales From the Loop on Amazon. The show was just okay, but I love Stalenhag's artwork and the TTRPG developed to go with it more than almost any IP out there.

I like a lot of others, but these are ones that I watch over and over while I'm working.

Edited by rachelbostwick
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rachelbostwick said:

I'm still really sad about this. I keep wanting to rewatch it, but what's the point without a proper ending? Even if someone did comics or something, I'd be into that.

My favorites are: Strangers Things (if I had to pick one it would be this), Haunting of Hill House (and Bly Manor, too), Bones, Scrubs, X-Files, Drop Dead Diva, Firefly, and Doctor Who. I'm currently reconnecting with my teenage self by unironically rewatching Lois and Clark. 

Runner up is Tales From the Loop on Amazon. The show was just okay, but I love Stalenhag's artwork and the TTRPG developed to go with it more than almost any IP out there.

I like a lot of others, but these are ones that I watch over and over while I'm working.

Ya true.. I wish they find a way to bring it back, though it seems too late now.. 

I liked Haunting Of Hill House, both parts..  looking forward to Midnight Mass haha, it's from the same creator... barring Stranger Things and X-Files haven't seen the rest.. might check them out.. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, rachelbostwick said:

My favorites are: Strangers Things (if I had to pick one it would be this), Haunting of Hill House (and Bly Manor, too), Bones, Scrubs, X-Files, Drop Dead Diva, Firefly, and Doctor Who. 

You got some nice ones on your list! Stranger Things is certainly a great one. X-files is the best! Firefly is awesome but sucks that it got cancelled. Doctor Who... Well. It depends. If you're talking about the seasons before Jodi came, then sure. (And I'm not against a female doctor, I'm against making the show political. Also, I hate Jodi. Was she seriously the best female actor they could find? Gah..)

23 minutes ago, surajkartha said:

Stranger Things and X-Files haven't seen the rest.. might check them out.. 

Hwhaaat? Haven't seen X-files? If you like conspiracy theories, aliens, shadow governments and monter of the week stories,  you'll love it. The older seasons are the best, but they are aging for sure... The two new seasons that came out were OK, but I grew up on that stuff since I was six, so I'm partial to the older ones. 

5jwq9u.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Hwhaaat? Haven't seen X-files? If you like conspiracy theories, aliens, shadow governments and monter of the week stories,  you'll love it. The older seasons are the best, but they are aging for sure... The two new seasons that came out were OK, but I grew up on that stuff since I was six, so I'm partial to the older ones. 

👍 just remembered Project Blue Book..

37 minutes ago, surajkartha said:

barring Stranger Things and X-Files

😐

37 minutes ago, surajkartha said:

barring

😑

Dang but that "Haven't seen X-Files?" created an optical illusion when I read it the first time 😂

More recommendations.. Ted Lasso.. Wayne, End of the fun**in world.. enjoyed these too.. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, surajkartha said:

👍 just remembered Project Blue Book..

😐

😑

Dang but that "Haven't seen X-Files?" created an optical illusion when I read it the first time 😂

More recommendations.. Ted Lasso.. Wayne, End of the fun**in world.. enjoyed these too.. 

Didn't see that haha. 
Project Blue Book.. Hmm I've heard about it. 

I'm not gonna ask what the illusion was.   😂

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

You got some nice ones on your list! Stranger Things is certainly a great one. X-files is the best! Firefly is awesome but sucks that it got cancelled. Doctor Who... Well. It depends. If you're talking about the seasons before Jodi came, then sure. (And I'm not against a female doctor, I'm against making the show political. Also, I hate Jodi. Was she seriously the best female actor they could find? Gah..)

I don't hate Jodi, and I don't even hate the political crap, but Jodi's entire run of stories has just been bad, or worse, forget-able. Really I'm a Matt Smith girl. I want to be River Song when I grow up. Love Capaldi's era, too. I just hope they don't try to go *more* political for the casting next time. I didn't care about them picking a woman if it was the right choice, but it felt so forced. I can't help but feel like all the people pushing for it disappeared once it actually happened.  Chris Chibnall ended up being a terrible choice for show runner. I just hope they don't cancel it before giving someone else a shot at righting the ship. My vote for the next doctor would be Richard Ayoade.

X-files is GREAT. My comfort episodes are the Dreamland two-parter. Have you tried the Audible dramatizations?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

- Breaking Bad: because, you know, science and psychology. 

- Black Mirror: cause I love sci-fi and sometimes the show gives me the goosebumps. 

- Rick and Morty: craziest thing I've ever watched 

- The Office: Scott's Tots

- What We Do in the Shadows: vampires but they don't sparkle. 

- Twin Peaks, at least season 1: I didn't understand half of the show but found it incredibly appealing and mysterious. Great soundtrack, too. 

I tried to watch Game Of Thrones but I quit at season 3 and picked up the books. 

Chernobyl is on my to watch list. I was watching Vikings but got bored after season 4 and I had the brilliant idea of watching the first season of Sons Of Anarchy and then the last one... I wasn't capable of picking it up again, too much trauma. 

Still don't know what to think about Westworld. I love the setting but I found it quite boring...

Edited by alphagev
I'm making a show called "Non native English makes a lot of typos"
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 8/17/2021 at 10:21 PM, rachelbostwick said:

I don't hate Jodi, and I don't even hate the political crap, but Jodi's entire run of stories has just been bad, or worse, forget-able. Really I'm a Matt Smith girl. I want to be River Song when I grow up. Love Capaldi's era, too. I just hope they don't try to go *more* political for the casting next time. I didn't care about them picking a woman if it was the right choice, but it felt so forced. I can't help but feel like all the people pushing for it disappeared once it actually happened.  Chris Chibnall ended up being a terrible choice for show runner. I just hope they don't cancel it before giving someone else a shot at righting the ship. My vote for the next doctor would be Richard Ayoade.

X-files is GREAT. My comfort episodes are the Dreamland two-parter. Have you tried the Audible dramatizations?

The political crap helped make the stories bad. The same goes for any project that goes "woke", in my opinion, because the story is secondary to the political point they are trying to make, while also cramming the opinions of a few down the viewers throat. That's why I love shows like The Orville and Star Trek from the 90s. They took difficult questions and didn't provide clear-cut answers from a single point of view. The viewers were meant to think for themselves, and ponder about the different and difficult questions raised. 

I would love a female Dr. Who, if it was done for the right reasons and in the right way: not for political reasons, and because the actress was the best fit for the job. Chibs the idiot will finally leave the ship, but i'm afraid it has already sunk. 

I would like to see Michael Sheen. I think he could bring a lot to the part. But it probably won't happen. He's not black and he's not female. Ayoade is funny, but I haven't really seen him act. 

Ah yes, Dreamland! Fun episode! I have a dark soul, so my favorite episode must be "Home" from the "monster of the week" episodes, while Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man is probably my favorite mythology episode. 

I've tried them, but I find the audo dramatizations to be too over-produced. I love audiobooks, even with more than one actor, but when you have distance, sound effects and everything layered ontop it can be a bit much. I think the Star Wars audiobooks have done it just right. 

5 hours ago, alphagev said:

- Breaking Bad: because, you know, science and psychology. 

- Black Mirror: cause I love sci-fi and sometimes the show gives me the goosebumps. 

- Rick and Morty: craziest thing I've ever watched 

- The Office: Scott's Tots

- What We Do in the Shadows: vampires but they don't sparkle. 

- Twin Peaks, at least season 1: I didn't understand half of the show but found it incredibly appealing and mysterious. Great soundtrack, too. 

I tried to watch Game Of Thrones but I quit at season 3 and picked up the books. 

Chernobyl is on my to watch list. I was watching Vikings but got bored after season 4 and I had the brilliant idea of watching the first season of Sons Of Anarchy and then the last one... I wasn't capable of picking it up again, too much trauma. 

Still don't know what to think about Westworld. I love the setting but I found it quite boring...

Yeah, dude! Science!

Westworld is sort of a mixed bag. I love the first season. The rest sucks. It demands that you accept not knowing which timeline you're in all the time, and it certainly doesn't handfeed you the information, but that makes the deliverance when you do get the information all the more interesting and entertaining. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Westworld is sort of a mixed bag. I love the first season.

Felt the same.. but loved the way it unfolded initially.. there's another sci-fi that's unlike anything else.. called Raised by Wolves... though I have mixed feelings about this one too, it was still a breath of fresh air... it's opening soundtrack is mind-blowing.. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, surajkartha said:

Felt the same.. but loved the way it unfolded initially.. there's another sci-fi that's unlike anything else.. called Raised by Wolves... though I have mixed feelings about this one too, it was still a breath of fresh air... it's opening soundtrack is mind-blowing.. 

I tried Raised by Wolves. But it didn't manage to hook be with three episodes, so that's back to the bottom of the pile for me. Maybe I'll retry one day. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...