What's your favorite TV series?

smashradio

Got inspired to do something else than work for once.

I'm constantly responding to messages, recording or writing and translating.

What did I spend my hard-earned cash on?

A freakin' home theater with Dolby Atmos, electric smart recliners, and a 150" projector screen filled with a gorgeous 4K projector. (Yes, yes, I know, the wife already told me it was a stupid idea, but a man needs a cave. More on that later!)

But the problem is that I never, ever get to use it, because I'm constantly working.

So I decided to stay up a while longer and consume some content for once, rather than creating it. 

So this leads me to my question: What's your favorite TV series?

My favorites are: 

• X-Files
  • Breaking Bad
  • Prison Break
  • Mr. Robot

Back to the wife telling me it was a stupid idea....

So I made this awesome cinema intro with the help of the great voice of Honest Trailers from Youtube (he's on Fiverr!).

It's supposed to remind you of those intros before the show starts when you go to a proper cinema, but with a personal touch towards the end. Happy wife, happy life. 

Intro at the bottom. Dolby content borrowed (with permission) from Dolby. Custom video at the end is from another seller here on Fiverr. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 30
  • Haha 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, smashradio said:

great voice of Honest Trailers from Youtube (he's on Fiverr!).

Wow..

And the video was funny 🤣

My favorites (in no specific order):

Sneaky Pete

House MD

Rectify

Better Call Saul

Life (starring Damien Lewis) 

Peaky Blinders

Billions

The Terror

Chernobyl

Amongst others lol

• Like 18
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

Got inspired to do something else than work for once.

I'm constantly responding to messages, recording or writing and translating.

What did I spend my hard-earned cash on?

A freakin' home theater with Dolby Atmos, electric smart recliners, and a 150" projector screen filled with a gorgeous 4K projector. (Yes, yes, I know, the wife already told me it was a stupid idea, but a man needs a cave. More on that later!)

But the problem is that I never, ever get to use it, because I'm constantly working.

So I decided to stay up a while longer and consume some content for once, rather than creating it. 

So this leads me to my question: What's your favorite TV series?

My favorites are: 

• X-Files
  • Breaking Bad
  • Prison Break
  • Mr. Robot

Back to the wife telling me it was a stupid idea....

So I made this awesome cinema intro with the help of the great voice of Honest Trailers from Youtube (he's on Fiverr!).

It's supposed to remind you of those intros before the show starts when you go to a proper cinema, but with a personal touch towards the end. Happy wife, happy life. 

Intro at the bottom. Dolby content borrowed (with permission) from Dolby. Custom video at the end is from another seller here on Fiverr. 

That is outstsnding. I'm glad to see that you like to use other fiverr sellers for fun stuff. A few years ago we were discussing in the forum how to get people to pay attention to the terms of our gigs, like when people ask for revisions that are not included, etc... There was a seller at the time on fiverr named Miss Dixie, who was a drag queen making custom videos. Whenever I confirmed an order, I would send the usual big block of text outlining the terms of the gig, and it had a link that said. "If you don't care to read through all the gig's terms, click here to have it all explained by a friendly drag queen." 

• Like 23
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, newsmike said:

That is outstsnding. I'm glad to see that you like to use other fiverr sellers for fun stuff. A few years ago we were discussing in the forum how to get people to pay attention to the terms of our gigs, like when people ask for revisions that are not included, etc... There was a seller at the time on fiverr named Miss Dixie, who was a drag queen making custom videos. Whenever I confirmed an order, I would send the usual big block of text outlining the terms of the gig, and it had a link that said. "If you don't care to read through all the gig's terms, click here to have it all explained by a friendly drag queen." 

I know this has nothing to do with the original post but I just couldn't resists. This gig video is simply awesome!!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, newsmike said:

THATS AWESOME. Yes, in capitals. I love seeing sellers doing fun stuff with other sellers as well. Your drag queen video is hilarious - I love it. And don't worry about "hijacking" my thread, I love fun stuff like this. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, smashradio said:

What's your favorite TV series?

Breaking bad is hands down the best tv show I have ever watched. I think it has some to do with the period of my life I was in. I found this show to be really helpful in coping with my current situation at the time. But even without all that, the actors, the script, the cinematography was just an unbelievable joy to watch. I also quite enjoyed Black mirror, Game of Thrones, Stranger things, The office. The Chernobyl TV mini series was short and sweet and some scenes were filmed in Lithuania! Definitely worth a watch.

P.S. That intro was fire 🔥

Edited by gajuseidi
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. They are the only ones I’ve watched till the end and more than once. I love me some “criminal with a soul” kind of story where everybody suffers and dies and it’s satisfying. 

I’m a bit disappointed that El Camino got made, to be honest. It wasn’t necessary. The same way it’s not necessary to drag SoA characters into “Mayans”. Those were the good endings, no need to elaborate. 

That’s the main issue with tv shows these days. With seasons getting added or cancelled at random, no one can properly structure or finish the story anymore. 

25 minutes ago, gajuseidi said:

The Chernobyl TV mini series was short and sweet

Chernobyl was good. I thought they’d make a fetishising Hollywood caricature out of it (both the event and the overall look/aesthetic) but I was blown away with how respectful it turned out to be. Didn’t expect it at all. 

I also loved Waco if we're talking about miniseries. Watched it in one sitting, couldn't tear myself away. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, samiaislam26 said:

I am really into Korean Dramas and one of my favourites are GOBLIN. Besides, The Queen's Gambit, Stranger Things, and The Crown are my most favourites! 

I love K-Dramas, can't stop watching them.. A variant of Goblin is Black (it's fantasy too like Goblin), do check it out if you haven't already.. The rest of the list looks good.. The Queen's Gambit and The Crown are in my watch list, yet to see those.. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

First of all, GREAT intro. It took me a few seconds to realize that meteorite thingy was a piece of popcorn and once I noticed what it was, I burst out laughing.
Dang, I love it when grown-@$$ adults knows how to have fun!!

OK for favorite TV shows...
I did enjoy Breaking Bad a lot, Game of Thrones too. I know a lot of people did not like the ending, but it still was a good show.
I also enjoy watching the Walking Dead with my buddies, and it's just hilarious to see them say (they are both Japanese BTW) stuff like
"Is that what it's like in America...?" all the time. In their minds, everyone in the states owns a gun AND a crossbow, and all the guys look like Norman Redus.
I recently am watching the Prodigal Son, it's pretty darn good. Also Professor T. And no, he is not the cousin of Professor X.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, surajkartha said:

The Belgian or the English version of it? 

Oh I didn't know there was a Belgian version! The one I am watching is the English version.
I also enjoy Death in Paradise, so it was nice to see the same actor from Season 1 in a different show 😄

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, zeus777 said:

Oh I didn't know there was a Belgian version! The one I am watching is the English version.
I also enjoy Death in Paradise, so it was nice to see the same actor from Season 1 in a different show 😄

Haha ya the English version is based on the Belgian one with the same name.. Guess the original one is 3 seasons long, am still only done with the first of both the versions.. Loved them both haha.. Haven't watched Death in Paradise yet, might check that one out.. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, surajkartha said:

Haven't watched Death in Paradise yet, might check that one out.. 

It's a very laid-back crime show. Yeah that might sound a bit strange especially when someone gets killed in every single episode, but I kinda see it as a safe family show. Kinda like Murder, She Wrote? ( pardon my 80's reference...)
If you like crime shows but want to take a break from something too serious like Criminal Minds, Death in Paradise is a good choice. 🙂

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

Breaking bad is hands down the best tv show I have ever watched. I think it has some to do with the period of my life I was in. I found this show to be really helpful in coping with my current situation at the time. But even without all that, the actors, the script, the cinematography was just an unbelievable joy to watch. I also quite enjoyed Black mirror, Game of Thrones, Stranger things, The office. The Chernobyl TV mini series was short and sweet and some scenes were filmed in Lithuania! Definitely worth a watch.

P.S. That intro was fire 🔥

Yeah Breaking Bad is awesome! 

Game of Thrones: I tried it. Oh boy did I try it. Like six times! 4-5 episodes in and I've lost the plot, realizing the only reason I'm still watching is because of Emilie Clarke and beeeeewbs. 😂

Strange Things is great! Love the fake nostalgia (that's not really nostalgia, even though they make you think it is). It's so 80s, without being 80s at all. 

Chernobyl is perhaps the best mini-series ever made. So eerie I get goosebumps. "vnimaniye, vnimaniye"... 😬

9 hours ago, visualstudios said:

King of the Hill

Oh man, I miss that show! Dang it, Dale! 

5 hours ago, newsmike said:

Probably because it reminds me so much of my family.

MV5BZGJjYzhjYTYtMDBjYy00OWU1LTg5OTYtNmYwOTZmZjE3ZDdhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

You look the part, too! :D You just need a more sinister stare on your profile pic. I'm watching an episode of Sopranos every now and then. A classic. And that intro music with a couple of big ass subwoofers will wake the neighbors - 3 miles away. 

4 hours ago, zeus777 said:

First of all, GREAT intro. It took me a few seconds to realize that meteorite thingy was a piece of popcorn and once I noticed what it was, I burst out laughing.

Haha yeah I love it. It's borrowed from Dolby and cut together with a Plex intro. I thought it was a fun transition. 

To me, no series even comes close to X-files, though. I grew up on that stuff, and man do I get the good vibes when I hear the intro late at night, sitting alone in my dark home theatre with a cup of tea after a long day. 

• Like 14
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 2