Is it against fiverrs rules to make a low offer to buyers and say that you'll send them more money once you have the funds available?

bridwood

I realise most people will think I am a scammer so please read everything before jumping to conclusions.

I'm trying to file an international patent, for this I need thousands of pounds. I have not had work for a week and got ripped off twice the week before, my payment for the person that decided to pay me is still pending. I don't have any savings right now as got into debt to go visit a friend.  For this reason I cannot pay someone to do a job what I would like to pay them. I am not suggesting to give them a minimum that is not allowed by fiverr, what im suggesting is to say IF they will accept that usually I would pay X amount and will pay that once I have available funds, it could be a month, it could be a few months etc, so if you want to accept to do the work for this amount then do so, but just to know i will send more money once I have it.  So i guess id say this then hire them in the future but review them with them submitting no work.

Is this allowed?

If not where in the fiverr rules does it say you cannot do this and will be banned etc as i cannot find anything but just wanted to make sure.

If I understand you correctly, you want to hire a seller at a lower than usual rate, because you don't have enough funds to pay them the full price right now. 

If the seller is fine with delivering work and taking a chance that you will pay them in the future, that's up to them. But keep in mind that sellers are not allowed to send empty deliveries, so if you make an order in the future, it should be for something real so as to not get the seller in trouble for sending an empty delivery. 

You can't make a binding contract about this, since sharing your contact information isn't allowed, and the order itself is the "contract". So this would put the seller at risk of not getting paid, because he/she would have to agree to deliver the work at a set price that's lower than it should have been. 

But giving a lower price for something is totally ok on Fiverr. If a buyer I trust comes to me with a lower than usual budget, and it's a good client, I'd be happy to adapt my rate (within reason) to help them out. 

But I would never trust a promise of payment in the future. 

• Up 4

Buyers are charged up front on purchases on Fiverr and the order clears and the money is deposited into the seller's balance after delivery is made and the buyer accepts the delivery or after 72 hours have passed.

If you cannot afford to pay someone for the work you want done, you either:

A. Find a cheaper seller who you can afford to pay upfront.

B. Wait until you have enough funds to afford the seller you desire.

Wanting to hire someone to work pro bono for potentially MONTHS before they potentially receive a dime is simply not how Fiverr operates. This is not a charity/internship/volunteer platform.

• Like 5

Just now, enunciator said:

Wanting to hire someone to work pro bono for potentially MONTHS before they potentially receive a dime is simply not how Fiverr operates. This is not a charity/internship/volunteer platform.

I agree. But like I said; if the seller is willing to work for less, that's up to them. But I certainly wouldn't trust the buyer to "come back with the rest". 

We don't know the amounts here. Is it a project for 5000 that you want done for 2500? Or is it a project for 50 that you want done for 40? There's a big difference to the commitment here. But again: this is completely up to the seller. 

However, I think it's unethical to ask someone to work pro bono, so I would have to agree with @enunciator

• Like 1

Thankyou for the replies.

By contract I guess I was meaning to send a document that they could read and sign to cover themselves and hold me accountable if I did not pay them x amount by a certain date.

I have worked like this before, not out of choice and sadly my first experiences on here where buyers ripping me off because I was too trusting of their ratings, so yeah I guess i am a stranger, they do not know I will pay them just because I say so. But the contract would give them enough leverage to take legal action if I vanished or refused to pay them.

The projects are for small amounts around $120-500 , but yes I realise anyone relying on paycheck to paycheck would not be able to work like this, you need savings obviously.

What I need the work done for is very time sensitive, so I simply cannot wait to save funds up, I must apply for patent etc , as in the past I have left it too long and someone else always gets in quicker during the time I am trying to save. So this method is simply not reliable.

• Like 1