We're living in the matrix

I was joking that it feels like we're living in the matrix when I saw how many identical spam posts are posted here in the forums everyday. Now I can truly see that the prophecy is coming true. We are living in the matrix and nothing is real.

giphy.gif

lol.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I love the gig packages too. It's 5$ for a blurry photo, but if your photo is blury, it's 10$. But if you change your mind and you have a blurry photo after all, it'll be 15$ 🔥

lmaooo.jpg

Edited by gajuseidi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

9 minutes ago, sk_moni said:

but there is quite a few good posts also which helps a lot. 

Few and far between. But It's always great when you find them and can have an actual conversation with genuine people. Otherwise you're left with posts by people, who communicate like washed ashore fish that suffer from lack of oxygen, babbling nonsense like they're getting paid for it.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

A while back some guy decided he wanted to sell Norwegian voice-overs on Fiverr, just like me. He wanted a gig video with a script, just like me. So what did he do? He took my script, changed like three words, and made his own gig video. I reported his ass. What did he do? Change 3 more words. 

I mean.. Sometimes I don't want to live in this planet anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

And the worst part is, the guy wasn't a bad voice over actor at all. He just didn't want to do the work of making his own damn script. I wouldn't be surprised if some talentless fool copied something, but when even the people with talent is stealing... It's exasperating. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, smashradio said:

And the worst part is, the guy wasn't a bad voice over actor at all. He just didn't want to do the work of making his own damn script. I wouldn't be surprised if some talentless fool copied something, but when even the people with talent is stealing... It's exasperating. 

Yeah, that's the worst part.. You would think being good at what they do, they would take the time and craft their own gig. This sort of thing is especially prevalent in the art world. There's even a book written called "steal like an artist". It's a very short book, but I really enjoyed it. In my eyes, it's absolutely fine if you take someone's idea and make it your own - innovation is all about this principal. The absurdity is when people blatantly steal almost everything and portray as their own 😄 that's the best strategy for the Any% permanent account termination speedrunning record. 😄

Edited by gajuseidi
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

I was joking that it feels like we're living in the matrix when I saw how many identical spam posts

A friend of mine who uses Fiverr from time to time got two identical messages (from sellers) about an offer to write a great story for them (unwarranted). But I've also seen several profiles that were exactly the same. I haven't been copied yet but... what I write is pretty unusual lol

(...the gall, though. Like, why would they take your photo... I mean, at least change something... )

• Like 2

1 minute ago, katakatica said:

A friend of mine who uses Fiverr from time to time got two identical messages (from sellers) about an offer to write a great story for them (unwarranted). But I've also seen several profiles that were exactly the same. I haven't been copied yet but... what I write is pretty unusual lol

(...the gall, though. Like, why would they take your photo... I mean, at least change something... )

You want to know what the best part is? They not only copied my gig photo, they copied my live portfolio (photos that my clients have chosen to share with their review) as well as copy-pasted my entire gig description word for word only leaving my sign off out 🔥🔥😄

fef.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, gajuseidi said:

You want to know what the best part is? They not only copied my gig photo, they copied my live portfolio (photos that my clients have chosen to share with their review) as well as copy-pasted my entire gig description word for word only leaving my sign off out 🔥🔥😄

I assume this "artist" is not a member on the platform anymore? :classic_laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Ah for Christ sake.. Now I have to watch Breaking Bad. I see you don't want me to sleep tonight. 

The best show I have ever watched, ever. I've watched it a second time with my flatmates on my Erasmus+ trip to Portugal. And also watched the movie El Camino twice. If you're not going to sleep, that's definitely the show to watch. 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gajuseidi said:

The best show I have ever watched, ever. I've watched it a second time with my flatmates on my Erasmus+ trip to Portugal. And also watched the movie El Camino twice. If you're not going to sleep, that's definitely the show to watch. 😎

My all time favorite will always be X-Files. But Breaking Bad is on my top 5 for sure, along with Mr. Robot, Prison Break, and House of Cards. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, smashradio said:

My all time favorite will always be X-Files. But Breaking Bad is on my top 5 for sure, along with Mr. Robot, Prison Break, and House of Cards. 

Dang. Now I might watch these again along with Better Call Saul and House MD.. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

8 hours ago, smashradio said:

When I was in school I really enjoyed Dr. House, there was also this tv show called "Heroes" and for some reason I really liked it 😄 I heard that the first three seasons of prison break are great, it's worth to give it a shot sometime.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, barrisam said:

Change three more words, lmao🤣

What does it really take for people to do things right???

I think, for those sort of people it takes a lot. Like, getting permanently terminated from every e-commerce platform a lot. And even then, I don't think they change their ways.

• Like 2