Customer didn't pay me. What do I do?

Guest akirvass

Guest akirvass

I know it’s long but pleeeease read!

Ok so here’s what happened. I got a customer that wanted me to do something which required a lot of work. The problem though was that the customer would not respond my messages, and had not given me enough information about what he wanted me to do from the beginning. When I finally got the customer to give me enough info so I can start working, the order was already late. What he wanted me to do was something online, so once I finished part of the job, it was automatically uploaded online which means that he could see at what point I am. As I told you, this order took a long time, and since he did not respond my messages for the first 3-4 days and then took him another 2 days to respond other messages, my order ended up being very late. So since he was able to see at what point I was, when I was around 75% of the order done, he canceled the order (and since I was “late” it didn’t ask me to agree with it) and then he gave me a negative review (which resulted in me getting a very negative ratting on my profile and my gig since I am kind of new and haven’t had many sales), saying that he will order another gig soon. Almost a week has passed, and not only has he not ordered the gig, but he doesn’t even respond my messages. Now the only thing I could do is go and delete the online work I’ve done (just so he doesn’t get work done for free), but the negative review won’t go away so I’ll be the one losing here. What can I do? Can I report him or something? What is a way to get paid? Please help!

• 2 years later...

Archived