Jump to content

Suggestion for a Pinned Post


theratypist
 Share

Recommended Posts

We have this huge influx of posts, every single day about:

- How to rank my gig on the first page

- How to get more sales

- My impressions dropped, how to fix this?

Maybe you guys can make a post on an official Fiverr statement or a staff to chime in and make a post on this so we can officially refer this post back to anyone who comments. 

And maybe even having it as a pinned post, might help lessen the numerous questions about this??????? Some days the first page of the forum is filled with posts just about that. If there is some sort of feature to mute posts that talk about impressions and rank, please suggest it to me and I would be glad to be one of its first users.

P.S. If said requested post does happen, this would be the best post to receive 100 or so thank you-s on it including mine. 😄

 

  • Like 16
  • Up 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do think this would help a bit, so I'm for it. Lots of forums have stickies, and I've always found them useful as a newbie on a site.

Unfortunately, I think we have a fairly large number of users on here who wouldn't like the advice in those stickies and would probably continue to seek magic tricks after reading them. If you've come to Fiverr expecting to make quick, easy money, you aren't going to like being told that you need to spend lots of time learning, improving, researching, satisfying customers and patiently growing your business like a mature business person.

Edited by ahmwritingco
  • Like 18
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ahmwritingco said:

If you've come to Fiverr expecting to make quick, easy money,

Good point......Haha.. That Youtube guru must be raking in some $$$ with all the ads they gained from views to the detriment of Fiverr and its image. Hahaha

Oh well, at least we can Congress to all our woes and wins. They can never take that away from us! Congress to our sells!!! My 420th order, my gig rank 0th page this wek 😎

giphy.gif

  • Like 9
  • Haha 9
  • Congrats! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, theratypist said:

That Youtube guru must be raking in some $$$ with all the ads they gained from views to the detriment of Fiverr and its image. Hahaha

Some of them really must be! There are a few dreadful Fiverr-themed videos with a million plus views. 😱

I'm trying to avoid too much negativity (even though it's a bit harder at the moment). I do think stickies would help genuine users, and we mustn't lose site of them. I would like to see your suggestion come true.

  • Like 14
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ahmwritingco said:

I'm trying to avoid too much negativity (even though it's a bit harder at the moment).

Haha that is so kind of you. I feel the same way but this past week there was this one day that it was absolutely a mess on the first few pages. It was so difficult to sift through insightful content or ones worth having a conversation over. I could live with just the mute button on certain words (I did notice you can ignore certain users now, I haven't tried it but nice to know its there) Hahahaha. Actually Mike did a good post on an overlooked "tip" recently, I hope it reaches the intended audience and doesn't get buried very quickly. Thanks for that, @newsmike! I do agree. I feel like some people really need to receive that tip on top of the usual improve your gig image, etc. haha

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sure we can all waste our lives sending links to people who refuse to read themselves this way.

 

Why don't we employ a full team of religious leaders as well. That way we can also supply all the prayers to everyone and hold religious ceremonies every time someone makes a $5 order

 

Alternatively my idea about fiverr actually sorting the forum out and stopping the spam would be a better resolution. @mjensen415 wont acknowledge anything though and just deletes threads and sticks his head in the sand

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, theratypist said:

If there is some sort of feature to mute posts that talk about impressions and rank, please suggest it to me and I would be glad to be one of its first users.

I have found myself filtering through forum categories to avoid going through hundreds of "how rank good" and "hi I'm new" posts. It's not super intuitive, but you can select all the categories on the right side of the forum screen and unselect the topics you want to mute in your feed.

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, gajuseidi said:

unselect the topics you want to mute in your feed.

Haha, I like being able to see all categories at one time. But you do have an idea going there, the problem is the how mek sells, rank 1st page on Fiber posts are in almost all the supposedly interesting categories to look into - Tips For Sellers, FAQs, Fiverr Experience, Conversations... I have unchecked Improve My Gig and My Fiverr Gigs already. 

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, theratypist said:

I support this. Haha, wait you posted this on your old thread? I thought you were just ranting there. 

 

The part that gets me is as sellers fiverr have so many regulations and conditions...  You need to reply in 24 hours or they derank you for one example

 

yet when 25+ of these same people are asking questions in the forum.... Fiverr don't just not reply they delete your comments all together..

 

It is completely wrong

 

By fiverrs own policy @mjensen415 should be bottom of the list yet somehow hes running the place - the lunatics really are running the asylum when it comes to the forum

 

 

Just for 1 example look at guy hes been signed up the forum for 4 days and is currently nearing 350 posts of absolute crap - codersaeid - Fiverr Community

 

and there are hundreds of others just like him no wonder the forum is in such a state

Edited by uk_webcreations
  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2021 at 12:20 AM, uk_webcreations said:

Just for 1 example look at guy hes been signed up the forum for 4 days and is currently nearing 350 posts of absolute crap - codersaeid - Fiverr Community

 

and there are hundreds of others just like him no wonder the forum is in such a state

I suspect these spammers think by posting a lots in this forum can get their gig ranked or gain impressions.

That's why they post a lots.

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2021 at 9:29 PM, ahmwritingco said:

I do think this would help a bit, so I'm for it. Lots of forums have stickies, and I've always found them useful as a newbie on a site.

Unfortunately, I think we have a fairly large number of users on here who wouldn't like the advice in those stickies and would probably continue to seek magic tricks after reading them. If you've come to Fiverr expecting to make quick, easy money, you aren't going to like being told that you need to spend lots of time learning, improving, researching, satisfying customers and patiently growing your business like a mature business person.

agree with this things......

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...