I suspect my buyer has placed an order for university project but when I talk to them they say it is going to be a real life project.

meghna_maurya

Question

Hello, so recently I sent a proposal to a buyer's request who was looking for someone to design 12 villa in a plot. they needed someone to do all the technical and visualisation work. I submitted a proposal and some days later they directly put an order on my buyer's request (not giving any information) I messaged and asked for the same. They were looking for someone to do a full fledged architectural project which would be costing $30,000 in $ 100 within 3-7 days whereas they take more than 3 month. So I discussed with her and came on the conclusion to do architectural plans only agreement on her project. However i am suspecting that my buyer is not actually an investor in the property or anything but is a student who is getting her university project done. What should I do? I ask her details of the project she does not give me much details. but she says that they are actually going to develop the project. so what should I do in this case, i know university projects are unauthorised on fiverr, but i cannot report her as she didnt tell me it is a university project but I have clues that suggest the same. 

7 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, meghna_maurya said:

Hello, so recently I sent a proposal to a buyer's request who was looking for someone to design 12 villa in a plot. they needed someone to do all the technical and visualisation work. I submitted a proposal and some days later they directly put an order on my buyer's request (not giving any information) I messaged and asked for the same. They were looking for someone to do a full fledged architectural project which would be costing $30,000 in $ 100 within 3-7 days whereas they take more than 3 month. So I discussed with her and came on the conclusion to do architectural plans only agreement on her project. However i am suspecting that my buyer is not actually an investor in the property or anything but is a student who is getting her university project done. What should I do? I ask her details of the project she does not give me much details. but she says that they are actually going to develop the project. so what should I do in this case, i know university projects are unauthorised on fiverr, but i cannot report her as she didnt tell me it is a university project but I have clues that suggest the same. 

Report the same to customer care & do as they guide.

If I had a strong suspicion that it's academic work in the cheating way but didn't have proof, I'd not literally "report" it to Fiverr but would ask them to please cancel the order for me without affecting my stats, because I suspect that it's academic work and against Fiverr's terms. Then your stats most probably won't take a hit (in my experience they won't), and they can also look into the issue and decide themselves how to proceed about that user. 

1 minute ago, miiila said:

If I had a strong suspicion that it's academic work in the cheating way but didn't have proof, I'd not literally "report" it to Fiverr but would ask them to please cancel the order for me without affecting my stats, because I suspect that it's academic work and against Fiverr's terms. Then your stats most probably won't take a hit (in my experience they won't), and they can also look into the issue and decide themselves how to proceed about that user. 

Ok I can try this. 

13 minutes ago, miiila said:

I have requested fiverr customer service for the same. Thank you.

Archived