3 simple questions

miketol88

Hello, my name is Mike.

I am new in fiverr so I have some questions and I was wondering if you could help me.

In case you could I'd be grateful to you.

Here are my Qs:

Is it possible:

A. for a seller to send, in an active order conversation, to a buyer a Google form link, so the buyer can send him necessary data?

B. for a buyer to send to the seller multiple photos packed in a zip file? If so, what is the attached file size limit?

C. for a seller to get viruses through these attached files from buyers? Does fiverr scan them attached files?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Kind regards

Mike from Greece

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Hi Mike

A-Yes. You can share Google form link to collect necessary data for your work from you Clients.

B-Yes, You Can Also Share or Receive Zip File & What is the maximum size allowed in fiverr You Will Found it When You Will Gonna Share File.

C- I Don’t Know Full About It. But You can scan your files provided by your clients on any scanner.

Thanks🙂

• Like 5
  • Up 1

Hey @miketol88

Hold a moment. You got wrong answers by growhubpro.

1. Do not share google form link to receive the details. You can create the requirement list while you create your gig. Buyer will submit the requirements there. And if you share google form link in inbox to receive the information, it will violate the Fiverr TOS.
  2. You can share and receive zip files & the maximum file size limit is 1 GB.
  3. Yes, Fiverr automatically disable the download of infected files or files that cannot be scanned usually. I'm not sure if they can scan the zip files though.
  • Like 3

Hello Mike, 

@seven_signis correct.

1. Do not share any type of link specially Google. 

2. For every upload you have 1gb file size limit and upto 20 separate files. 

3. Yes fiverr usually disable the download option for virus files. You can try virus total for additional safety which is a free website. To check unknown links and files. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

According to Fiverr TOS, you need to keep and share all the information within the platform.

Fiverr strictly maintain this and do not give any support if you discuss or share information outside of the fiverr platform as they strictly maintain the users information.

And by violating TOS you could be suspended temporarily or permanently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, miketol88 said:

A. for a seller to send, in an active order conversation, to a buyer a Google form link, so the buyer can send him necessary data?

B. for a buyer to send to the seller multiple photos packed in a zip file? If so, what is the attached file size limit?

C. for a seller to get viruses through these attached files from buyers? Does fiverr scan them attached files?

A - It's encouraged that all the requirements be filled in the order page of Fiverr. Although if your gig requirement is lengthy, consult with Customer Support - -reach them at support@fiverr.com

B -  Top of mind I think its 1 GB max or a max of 10 attachments that still don't go over 1 GB in total. They allow the use of file sharing services like Dropbox. Though do still attach a document upon delivery as empty deliveries (no files attached) are not good.

C - I don't think Fiverr has a virus scanner involved. Best to have an antivirus software on hand if you deal with a lot of those files. A previous forum user suggested this and I have used it although I do have an active Antivirus software installed https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload 

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ysr007 said:

Hello Mike, 

@seven_signis correct

2. For every upload you have 1gb file size limit and upto 20 separate files. 

Hello ysr007, something to clarify.

If a buyer needs to send me a package of 100 jpg photos, will he be able to send them into one zip file under 1gb, or he will have to say make 5 zip files of 20 jpg files each? 

Thank you

11 minutes ago, theratypist said:

A - It's encouraged that all the requirements be filled in the order page of Fiverr. Although if your gig requirement is lengthy, consult with Customer Support - -reach them at support@fiverr.com

B -  Top of mind I think its 1 GB max or a max of 10 attachments that still don't go over 1 GB in total. They allow the use of file sharing services like Dropbox. Though do still attach a document upon delivery as empty deliveries (no files attached) are not good.

C - I don't think Fiverr has a virus scanner involved. Best to have an antivirus software on hand if you deal with a lot of those files. A previous forum user suggested this and I have used it although I do have an active Antivirus software installed https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload 

Thank you Theratypist.
A. "Consult with Customer Support."  I'll probably soon will do that.
B. If "They allow the use of file sharing services like Dropbox" why they won't allow order file requirements to be submitted throught Google forms?
C Virustotal.com gets confirmed by you fiverrs.

Thanks again

8 minutes ago, miketol88 said:

If a buyer needs to send me a package of 100 jpg photos, will he be able to send them into one zip file under 1gb, or he will have to say make 5 zip files of 20 jpg files each?

I'm not ys007 haha, but I would be happy to answer this. One zip file is considered one file and it can contain numerous files inside, it would not matter. What would matter is that the zip file is not over 1 GB on attachment. I am not sure if its 20 jpg files max, but I have made numerous deliveries and file attachments in conversations and I have noticed it only allows up to 10 attachments.

2 minutes ago, miketol88 said:

B. If "They allow the use of file sharing services like Dropbox" why they won't allow order file requirements to be submitted throught Google forms?

Very good point Mike. I don't think they "don't allow" in the strictest sense of the word, the safety net of all the requirements being posted on the order page gives you security whenever you have to dispute things in Customer Support. Fiverr will only be able to protect you within the bounds of the Fiverr communication system. 🙂 But I am positive they allow file sharing services and have indeed mentioned Dropbox, probably so they can save space on their servers as well.

Hope I was able to help! Yes, best to reach out to Customer Support 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, miketol88 said:

Hello ysr007, something to clarify.

Thank you

mike ,

1. i am not sure but i have seen this 20 attachments thing. I think in mobile app.

2. Buyer can send any number of files in a single Zip.

3. you can also use wetransfer or dropbox link . Dont share attachements via G-drive

3 hours ago, theratypist said:

One zip file is considered one file and it can contain numerous files inside

Well, that's more than enough for me and with the virus scan performed for attached files by fiver, B and C of my "3 simple questions" are answered.

Then about A of my "3 simple questions"  and requirement files, we have the three following points: 

...the safety net of all the requirements being posted on the order page gives you security...

But I am positive they allow file sharing services...

1 hour ago, ysr007 said:

...you can also use wetransfer or dropbox link . Dont share attachements via G-drive...

Obviously it's too complicated and not just for a newbie in Fiverr................. I have logical issues here...

But I have to make a crucial decision here and for the time being I'll stay inside the House.
I need from each buyer a 100 MCQs, with abcd choices, answered and submitted as requirement file data, before I start my service to him/her. So I will definitely ask Customer Support to allow me use such a number of MCQs in my first gig...

In any case
THANK YOU ALL you Fiverrs for your time!!!
Best Regards 😍
Mike from Greece

5 hours ago, miketol88 said:

Thank you

You can get thousands of files within your 1GB quota under a single zip folder as it counts as 1 attachment. 

• Like 1