Why is this allowed?

ankushlaxman

I have come across several buyer requests where buyers openly threaten in their request that if a seller cannot meet their expected price and expected delivery time, the seller will be reported to customer support.

I can understand this if the delivery time is not met after an order has been placed. But to openly threaten in the request, before "Send offer" can be clicked is unacceptable. 

I have'nt been threatened like this during conversations with buyers, but it is something I have noticed in the buyer requests. Why are buyers like these being allowed to make requests? Is there a vetting procedure for buyers when they make their requests?

I can understand the scenario from your side.
Also I can feel the real scenario. And in real I don't find this as threatening message.

Those clients are mostly irritated by getting too much spam response from unskilled newbie and growing stages sellers.

They directly mentioned what they want. And if seller is not able to maintain it they will beat them!

Oh no! they said they will report to customer support. They has that rights as Fiverr is a platform for professionals and they are using Fiver services.

And as they write the work details on request, so to avoid spam responses they directly mention it.

If vetting procedure for buyer's request then buyer and seller both should be screened and it is quite impossible from real scenario.
Take it normal and response to buyer request if you are confident to get the task done professionally.

Best wishes!

@seven_sign I know that these buyers have rights, as do sellers. I was trying to make a point that it comes across as unprofessional and will just turn sellers away, even sellers who can get the job done. In some requests, the buyers literally mention if the budget is not met, the seller will be reported. How can one negotiate a deal in such a case, when the buyer is trying to undercut sellers who may be worth the money spent?

2 minutes ago, ankushlaxman said:

@seven_signas buyers, I know that these buyers have rights, as do sellers. I was trying to make a point that it comes across as unprofessional and will just turn sellers away, even sellers who can get the job done.

Yes you are right.

but i think from the pandemic, market place filled with so many sellers who are not professional at all. This is what made the buyer frustrated.

I had a bad experience too.

So try to convince them or if you think they are not so friendly or they are looking risky then ignore them 

🙂

11 minutes ago, ankushlaxman said:

the buyers literally mention if the budget is not met, the seller will be reported. How can one negotiate a deal in such a case, when the buyer is trying to undercut sellers who may be worth the money spent?

I can understand your point. It's not mandatory to respond to all buyer requests, also you can't because of limitation of numbers.
So, you can ignore those requests if any points has any conflict with your standard whether it's about skills or price as they directly mentioned.

And according to Fiverr buyer request system in this point, there are only two points buyers need to keep in mind:

• Don't ask for sample work for free.
  • The minimum purchase price of a Gig is $5.

And also in community standard Fiverr didn't said anything about that buyer or seller can not say like this you pointed out in your original post.
Only these are listed Objectionable Content - Fiverr's Community Standards

So I can't find anything wrong is doing by the buyer when they say like this. Eventually these helps buyers to avoid response flood from sellers who are not really fit with his conditions.

Is there a vetting procedure for buyers when they make their requests?

Nope. You can put whatever you want in Buyer Requests (though files get flagged sometimes), which is why a lot of people self-promote in them. Either ignore or report them - that's all you can really do.

It would be silly to even try working with someone like that.

Archived