Sellers are cheating on FIVERR - never never use Fiverr

Sellers at Fiverr can cheat and lie as much as they want, and Fiverr will do nothing about it.

I have solid evidence that a seller lies and cheats his buyers. Still, Fiverr will do nothing. - They wont even let me do at review of the seller.

Fiverr is the perfect place for criminals to cheat buyers.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just in case: we are the same sellers and buyers here

I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. 
As we are just discussing here experiences would you mind sharing what happened? (Of course without calling out names etc) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, larsnielsen856 said:

I have solid evidence that a seller lies and cheats his buyers. Still, Fiverr will do nothing. - They wont even let me do at review of the seller.

You should be able to review unless the order was cancelled (in which case the money should have been returned to your Fiverr balance) or if you left it too long (more than 10 days after completion).

• Like 5

All the happy frequent or regular buyers and companies using Fiverr very successfully since years beg to differ.

But I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with a cheater (as per your claim, unfortunately, we usually only get one side of the story on the forum, so it's often hard to tell).

The rule that you can only leave a review if you won't take the option to get a refund does have its downsides, agreed. If you imagine being a seller yourself, and ponder it from that POV, maybe you can understand how much more unfair it even could be the other way around; both cheating and scamming buyers as well as competitors would be able to buy Gigs, have the sellers waste their time by getting a refund and leave a negative review that could ruin the sellers' accounts.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a perfect solution to this that will catch any case. One good idea is to not buy expensive Gigs from sellers you don't know yet, but start small. In that case, if a seller is really cheating or criminal, you could refrain from cancelling and getting your refund, in which case you can leave a review about your experience with that seller.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, larsnielsen856 said:

Sellers at Fiverr can cheat and lie as much as they want, and Fiverr will do nothing about it.

There are both good and bad people in the world. 

So don’t think everyone is bad for a few people .

"Thank  You To share with us the whole story"💞

• Like 1

I am really sorry that you had a bad experience with someone, But this is totally wrong that you are accusing this platform where every one is making money. You have the option to cancel the order, refund your money and can find the real one. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, larsnielsen856 said:

I'm very sorry you had this experience on Fiverr. Please don't let this be a reflection upon us all. We're thousands of sellers doing honest hard work every day on Fiverr, delivering high-quality projects and getting hundreds of positive reviews from buyers. 

If you had a bad experience and felt that the buyer didn't deliver what you agreed upon, you can contact customer support about it. 

If you have "solid evidence" you should have no problem sharing that with Fiverr, and I'm sure they will take appropriate actions. 

You're not very specific about what happened in your post, so I can't comment on what happened specifically. Still, usually, if you pick top-rated sellers and make sure to communicate with the seller before making your order to ensure that you're on the same page, the chances of getting ripped off are slim. 

But unfortunately, there are bad apples in every basket, including on Fiverr. Vetting your sellers is essential. Ask them about previous work and experience, make sure they can clearly communicate and understand your instructions and needs, and be up-front about any difficult parts of the project you might want to discuss before placing an order. 

If you're not able to review the seller this could mean that:

1. You already accepted the delivery (why you would do that if the results were so bad I do not know).
  2. You waited too long before checking out the delivery and writing your review.
  3. You/the seller have mutually agreed to cancel the order. 

If it's three, that means you got your money back, and the buyer got nothing; if it's 1 or 2, that's not entirely the buyer's fault, is it? 

Anyway, I can only comment very generally on this since I don't know what happened. 

• Like 4
  • Up 3

17 hours ago, larsnielsen856 said:

We're sorry about what happened. Is there any way we can help? I am a seller here. Let me know if there is any way I can help.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, uk1000 said:

You should be able to review unless the order was cancelled (in which case the money should have been returned to your Fiverr balance) or if you left it too long (more than 10 days after completion).

Can you message fiverr support, I am sure they will listen to you, they pay attention to buyers than sellers. You have the upper hand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

I'm very sorry you had this experience on Fiverr. Please don't let this be a reflection upon us all. We're thousands of sellers doing honest hard work every day on Fiverr, delivering high-quality projects and getting hundreds of positive reviews from buyers. 

If you had a bad experience and felt that the buyer didn't deliver what you agreed upon, you can contact customer support about it. 

If you have "solid evidence" you should have no problem sharing that with Fiverr, and I'm sure they will take appropriate actions. 

You're not very specific about what happened in your post, so I can't comment on what happened specifically. Still, usually, if you pick top-rated sellers and make sure to communicate with the seller before making your order to ensure that you're on the same page, the chances of getting ripped off are slim. 

But unfortunately, there are bad apples in every basket, including on Fiverr. Vetting your sellers is essential. Ask them about previous work and experience, make sure they can clearly communicate and understand your instructions and needs, and be up-front about any difficult parts of the project you might want to discuss before placing an order. 

1. You already accepted the delivery (why you would do that if the results were so bad I do not know).
  2. You waited too long before checking out the delivery and writing your review.

If it's three, that means you got your money back, and the buyer got nothing; if it's 1 or 2, that's not entirely the buyer's fault, is it? 

Anyway, I can only comment very generally on this since I don't know what happened. 

Apt. Great insight and advice

• Like 3

17 hours ago, larsnielsen856 said:

Mind sharing your experience with evidence?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

Very well articulated....

There are so many wonderful sellers and buyers on Fiverr. There are also rotten sellers and buyers... The collaboration require trust and respect for each other, and especially good communication.

Sorry about the bad experience.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, larsnielsen856 said:

I think Fiverr is always helpful for every sellers and buyers not for cheater. Please share details your bad experience.

• Like 2

Actually, I had a bad experience few days ago... I delivered the order and my client accept the order and give me 5 start rating with good feedback...
And after that... When I refuse to work for free, he contact with Fiverr CS....He lied to them... And then the order was cancel by Fiverr CS... they cancel my order without proper investigation and based on client's complain...
although I had bad experience but still I'm thinking Fiverr is good...

• Like 2
  • Up 1

On 8/14/2021 at 8:03 AM, larsnielsen856 said:

you haven't told us much , there's nothing about what happened ...  

• Like 3
  • Up 1

On 8/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, larsnielsen856 said:

Dear Fiverr, has the strongest customer support especially for buyers, seems like you are new and haven't even contacted them. before saying something about a entire community remember that "There are good and bad people everywhere" and how would Fiverr know if you didn't contacted them what you have been cheated with. so live like a family in Fiverr it is our home. tell us what you have been cheated and we will tell you what you should do.

• Like 2