Cancel order to avoid bad review... ethical?

newsmike

6 minutes ago, saint_777 said:

The only order I've cancelled so far was because the buyer threatened me if I don't cancel he was going to leave negative feedback review, I had to cancel, it was an order for 10$, maybe if It was a big order I wouldn't cancel it

But that not only paints you as someone who will work for free if threatened, it also lets a bully win. TOS has your back here, never cancel, especially if they threaten. Just leave their threat as part of the feedback you give them. If you did a good job, get your money!  

I used to think that for a very long time and advocating for it. I was rather get a bad review and then write my reply to it explaining the whole situation. Which works for me because scammers can also see those reviews and my answers and they know that it’s better not even try with me. So I haven’t had “scammers” for a very long time. 
Though I changed my attitude a little bit. I still will never cancel an order because of fear of bad reviews, I’m not scared of them. But I might cancel that one order in a year just for my mental stability and because I just simply don’t want to be dealing with this person and I don’t want to be stressed more than I need to. Sometimes my stability worth more than the money that I’ll get for that I order and spending time on revisions (even if they are paid) 

20 hours ago, newsmike said:

But that not only paints you as someone who will work for free if threatened, it also lets a bully win. TOS has your back here, never cancel, especially if they threaten. Just leave their threat as part of the feedback you give them. If you did a good job, get your money!  

you are right, thanks

Archived