Search Results

dxstantbeats

Hey all.. figured I would post this in the community as I've been back and forth with support more times than I care to count. 

The short of it is, my gig doesn't appear to be showing in the search results (even searching by username). I've tried this on two different devices and had another person try as well. Support can't seem to provide a straight answer, nor fix the issue.

Anyone had this happen before? It looks like it shows up sometimes....then goes away later. I'm not talking about an SEO problem or ranking problem, I'm talking about completely disappearing altogether. 

• Like 5

Thanks for the replies. The gig status is active on the dashboard... but when I use the link sandycharity mentioned it says further review needed. Perhaps when you update something on the gig it resets it? I made a very minor revision to some of the wording... 

• Like 2

You're welcome. That is likely the reason behind it. You can be patient and wait for it to be reviewed, although there's no timeline for this. Alternatively, try and contact the support team and explain your case, might be of help. 

1 hour ago, dxstantbeats said:

Thanks for the replies. The gig status is active on the dashboard... but when I use the link sandycharity mentioned it says further review needed. Perhaps when you update something on the gig it resets it? I made a very minor revision to some of the wording... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sandycharity said:

Great, I appreciate the advice. I've been trying to piece together if and how making some sort of update on the gig description etc. will re-trigger this mysterious review process. It seems that it likely does because I revised the wording of one sentence in my gig description a few days ago, which may be what triggered this. I think what I'm learning from this experience is to refrain from updating anything on the gig after it is launched if at all possible. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, dxstantbeats said:

Great, I appreciate the advice. I've been trying to piece together if and how making some sort of update on the gig description etc. will re-trigger this mysterious review process. It seems that it likely does because I revised the wording of one sentence in my gig description a few days ago, which may be what triggered this. I think what I'm learning from this experience is to refrain from updating anything on the gig after it is launched if at all possible. 

I have seen some sellers suggesting that one shouldn't edit Gigs as it affects their placement. I don't know how true that is. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2021 at 2:26 PM, sandycharity said:

have seen some sellers suggesting that one shouldn't edit Gigs as it affects their placement. I don't know how true that is. 

It can affect your placement for up to 48 hours while Fiverr approves the changes. 

However, if the changes to your gig will get more traffic for the gig or clarify things for your prospective buyer, then that is worth it. 
For example, if your gig description was poor or did not have enough FAQs to head off order issues, it is worth the issue of possibly losing placement to avoid possible cancellations. It is always best to be proactive. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

It can affect your placement for up to 48 hours while Fiverr approves the changes. 

However, if the changes to your gig will get more traffic for the gig or clarify things for your prospective buyer, then that is worth it. 
For example, if your gig description was poor or did not have enough FAQs to head off order issues, it is worth the issue of possibly losing placement to avoid possible cancellations. It is always best to be proactive. 

Thank you so much for this clarification. It makes a lot of sense. 

• Like 1