Non responsive seller

weez83

Question

3 answers to this question

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with a buyer. It does happen from time to time and I experienced this myself recently. 

If you've made attempts to contact the buyer and they haven't responded, then you've done all you can until now... If their unresponsiveness has let to the order becoming late, you can request an extension (if you haven't already done so) so that it doesn't affect your stats too much should the order continue. Be sure to tag the extension as being because the buyer hasn't provided all information or isn't communicating. Has the buyer been online? you can check this by going to your order and above the chat box will be a 'last seen' time. Use this to determine if they have been active recently.

@designs_taskbar is correct, going through support is a good idea. You can use the form here : https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new - use 'order issue / general enquiry' and provide the information for support to look at. They can contact the buyer for you and encourage them to get in touch. If they don't respond for a few days they can cancel the order for you without it affecting your stats. 

If you have sent the buyer any work, try and see if they are using it anywhere. Until they pay for the work they aren't allowed to use it. You can file copyright infringements if this is the case once the order is cancelled. 

Be aware, if it does come to it being cancelled then you won't be getting any money for this order. It sucks, but hopefully it won't come to that. In my case the buyer got back in touch and was very sorry for not communicating but they were busy.  The order is now continuing, which was a good result for me. 

Hope that helps! All the best. 

To clarify: You are a Buyer, correct?

If so, I would suggest sending your Seller one last message, stating that their lack of response leaves you no choice but to cancel the order, so that you can find someone else who can meet your deadline. If you don't get a reply within 24 hours, then ask Support to cancel this order immediately. If you do get a reply, you'll have to decide what to do from there. If the illustrator cannot complete the order, you'll need to cancel anyway. If they can, and do manage to meet your deadline, be sure to rate the order, and be honest about their communication.

Archived