Am online but when I filtered online seller my gigs couldn't appear, I logged out and did the same thing but my Gigs didn't show as being online please help

vanessa_scott

Question

5 answers to this question

Fiverr only 'counts' you as being online when you're actually active. This includes responding to messages, delivering orders etc. The thought behind this is that otherwise people could just leave their browser/app open whilst living their lives, falsely communicating to buyers that they're online. 

Hope this clarified it a bit!

• Like 4

When I first started on Fiverr, the same thing happened to me and I worried a bit about it too and was just simply confused why it showed the green bubble but didn't appear with the filter. So with me still being inexperienced and getting to know the platform, I emailed CS and they said this about it:

"I understand how important it is for your account to appear "online". Allow me to clarify things further for you. Please keep in mind that it takes around 10-25 minutes before you will actually show online if you are using the app. If you still don't see yourself "online", please try uninstalling the app, rebooting your phone, and then reinstalling the app. Please also make sure that the version of the app that you are using is up to date.

For the desktop, the time it takes for the system to note you as "online" could be up to 50 minutes. Please, clear your cache and cookies and log out and back in, then wait out and see if you're online. 
Bear in mind that in order to appear in the search under the online filter, you have to be actively online for at least an hour on the website. This means that you need to perform actions: respond to conversations, work on orders, browse Buyer Requests or just the marketplace. If you leave your account open in the background, it’s not considered as you being online."

So I understand your worries about not showing up. However I do want to stress the fact that overall buyers won't care if you're online or not. In some cases yeah, buyers need a project done quickly and only want online sellers in order to get the job done quickly. But in my experience buyers don't really care if you're online or not. 

Don't give up though! Building a business takes time and effort and I see you only started in July, which isn't that long tbh. I took a look at your gigs and what I think will help in receiving orders is improving them. I'll provide a few tips:

1. Don't create duplicate gigs. I see you have several gigs of the same nature (e.g. proofreading & editing). This isn't allowed so I suggest you just keep it to one gig and only create more if it's a different service.

2. Your portfolio doesn't really showcase why you're the best and why people should choose you. I understand in your field that's difficult to show, you can't really showcase why you're a good proofreader. But now all your images don't say anything at all. Maybe create a video or simply a better image including a few keywords/attractive imagery what you can offer. You have great credentials for example, showcase those!

3. I also saw in your FAQ that you said 'yes' to the question if you do assignments. I'd be careful with statements like that, because Fiverr doesn't allow sellers to help with academic work. This can lead to a restriction of your account.

In short, don't focus on your online status but focus on making your gig the best gig that it can be and stand out from your competitors. I hope this helped and I wish you all the best of luck! 💖

• Like 4
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, sabinespoems said:

Fiverr only 'counts' you as being online when you're actually active. This includes responding to messages, delivering orders etc. The thought behind this is that otherwise people could just leave their browser/app open whilst living their lives, falsely communicating to buyers that they're online. 

Hope this clarified it a bit!

I do respond to massages though haven't gotten any order since I joined Fiverr and is heartbreaking to me, but not seeing my gigs when I filtered online sellers is what I can not comprehend, but if i search my username in another browser I will  seeing my gigs online but if i filtered it i won't see my gigs online again

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sabinespoems said:

When I first started on Fiverr, the same thing happened to me and I worried a bit about it too and was just simply confused why it showed the green bubble but didn't appear with the filter. So with me still being inexperienced and getting to know the platform, I emailed CS and they said this about it:

"I understand how important it is for your account to appear "online". Allow me to clarify things further for you. Please keep in mind that it takes around 10-25 minutes before you will actually show online if you are using the app. If you still don't see yourself "online", please try uninstalling the app, rebooting your phone, and then reinstalling the app. Please also make sure that the version of the app that you are using is up to date.

For the desktop, the time it takes for the system to note you as "online" could be up to 50 minutes. Please, clear your cache and cookies and log out and back in, then wait out and see if you're online. 
Bear in mind that in order to appear in the search under the online filter, you have to be actively online for at least an hour on the website. This means that you need to perform actions: respond to conversations, work on orders, browse Buyer Requests or just the marketplace. If you leave your account open in the background, it’s not considered as you being online."

So I understand your worries about not showing up. However I do want to stress the fact that overall buyers won't care if you're online or not. In some cases yeah, buyers need a project done quickly and only want online sellers in order to get the job done quickly. But in my experience buyers don't really care if you're online or not. 

Don't give up though! Building a business takes time and effort and I see you only started in July, which isn't that long tbh. I took a look at your gigs and what I think will help in receiving orders is improving them. I'll provide a few tips:

1. Don't create duplicate gigs. I see you have several gigs of the same nature (e.g. proofreading & editing). This isn't allowed so I suggest you just keep it to one gig and only create more if it's a different service.

2. Your portfolio doesn't really showcase why you're the best and why people should choose you. I understand in your field that's difficult to show, you can't really showcase why you're a good proofreader. But now all your images don't say anything at all. Maybe create a video or simply a better image including a few keywords/attractive imagery what you can offer. You have great credentials for example, showcase those!

3. I also saw in your FAQ that you said 'yes' to the question if you do assignments. I'd be careful with statements like that, because Fiverr doesn't allow sellers to help with academic work. This can lead to a restriction of your account.

In short, don't focus on your online status but focus on making your gig the best gig that it can be and stand out from your competitors. I hope this helped and I wish you all the best of luck! 💖

Okay thanks

• Like 2