The secret to getting more sales quickly

smashradio

As a Top Rated Seller, I get a fair amount of orders in a day. But no matter if you're a new seller, level 1, level 2 or even a TRS, mastering the Fiverr algorithm is key to your success. 

I've had the chance to join the Seller Plus program here on Fiverr, and by doing so, I got a few of my suspicions confirmed about ranking on Fiverr. 

The information was no surprise at all, but I'm sharing this with you because I'm sick and tired of reading all the bad advice on the forum (like staying online 24/7 and spamming social media). 

So what's the secret to getting more sales quickly? 

Make your buyers happy!

Yes, it's that "easy". 

Ok, let me explain: 

Fiverr has two very different review systems. One is open to the public, and you know this as the star rating. It's the feedback you get to read and respond to. 

The other is the hidden, "secret" review that your buyers leave after completing an order. This secret feedback can make a lot of difference. Through Fiverr Plus, I got some insight into this with my Success Manager. 

I was told that my "secret" feedback had been very positive and even improved in the past few months. 

This isn't by accident. 

I've always tried to over-deliver a bit on most orders, like giving an extra take for voice-overs or giving recommendations on top of my translations etc. 

This summer, I've decided to up my game even more. 

Maybe I'll do some tedious editing that the client didn't include in their order, like syncing to a 1-minute video (something that I usually charge for), or just improving their script for free without them having to ask for it. 

Small things that take me 5 minutes but can make all the difference for the client. 

And guess what: I nearly doubled my revenue in the past month, too! And in August, I'm beating my record again, after hitting record revenue in July. 

Satisfaction up, orders up. 

I wasn't aware that my buyer satisfaction wasn't as good as possible until my chat with the success manager. I did receive a lot of five-star reviews, after all. 

But when your buyer is told to leave feedback that you'll never see, they tend to be more honest. Perhaps a bit more demanding.

If the buyer just got the wow-factor handed to them, they are way more likely to give you positive, secret feedback. 

You need to deliver high-quality work for this to be effective. A buyer won't leave a positive review and secret feedback if you send them two crappy logos instead of one. 

But by knowing how important this secret feedback is to your ranking, to what badges you're getting, you can up your game and see real improvement to your business here on Fiverr!

Obviously, making your buyers happy is also important to get repeat clients, which is another important thing Fiverr has begun to focus on a lot lately. 

So stop doing the same old thing. Stop being online 24/7. Stop spamming social media. And start making your buyers happy, every single time! All it takes is hard work, dedication, and talent. 

Ok, so it's not as "easy" as I said at the beginning. Surprise, surprise, it does take actual hard work to succeed! So get your working hat on, and make your buyers happy! 

15 hours ago, smashradio said:

Fiverr has two very different review systems. One is open to the public, and you know this as the star rating. It's the feedback you get to read and respond to. 

The other is the hidden, "secret" review that your buyers leave after completing an order. This secret feedback can make a lot of difference. Through Fiverr Plus, I got some insight into this with my Success Manager. 

I think I read somewhere in the forums about these two types of buyer reviews, but I did not know that the "secret" review has that much influence on ranking. All of this information is very helpful, thank you! We just have to do the best we can and let fiverr take care of the rest.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:30 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

Didn’t we sign T&Cs that we wouldn’t share any information that we learned from seller plus  publicly? 🤔🙈

This isn't really a "secret", and I actually posted about it before, too, long before Seller Plus was a thing. I pointed out that I had a suspicion about this. As I understood the terms, it was But it was nice to get it confirmed. At any rate, this is in many ways a great promotion of Seller Plus, more than "revealing secrets"

I believe this is the part you're referring to: 

• All consultation and education shared in the course of the Seller Plus Program by the Seller Success Manager is personalized for a specific Seller in a specific time frame; please avoid sharing any information you receive from the Seller Success Manager with others nor relying solely on this information.

As I understood that, the information received is tailored to you, meaning it doesn't nessasarily apply to others. But that secret reviews is an important ranking factor isn't really a "secret", even though many sellers never give it a second thought (or they might not know it excists at all). 

If giving advice to make your buyers happy in order to get better feedback is exclusive knowledge to Seller Plus (which it isn't; it's general advice to improve your feedback) then Fiverr Plus is really just giving out knowledge we already had. 

It really is tiresome to hear about this. Secrets, I don't understand why Fiverr is letting all these people make extra money off of their platform and I am talking about the ones that advertise about knowing the Fiverr System and how it works. Why doesn't Fiverr just charge and tell all of us what they want and expect us to do for them, instead of other people making $50 or $100 dollars off of Fiverr Sellers each month? I do my best to give the buyers what they want and I even record extra words sometimes. I work a full time job and it is a struggle. I would love to work on Fiverr full time, but I have to pay bills and not knowing if I would have enough income each month is scary to say the least. I like this platform or I would not be on it. Fiverr could make a lot of extra money just doing this each month. 

50 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Didn’t we sign T&Cs that we wouldn’t share any information that we learned from seller plus  publicly? 🤔🙈 

It's not really information that only seller plusses have - Frank speculated that was the case before seller plus was a thing.   Of course, it helps when people (I don't mean you, Maria) actually read posts before commenting "thanks for valuable tips".

There are several people here who do actually share tips that are valuable (Frank being one of them).  But they have to be read and acted upon to work. 

27 minutes ago, kendal1747 said:

It really is tiresome to hear about this. Secrets, I don't understand why Fiverr is letting all these people make extra money off of their platform and I am talking about the ones that advertise about knowing the Fiverr System and how it works. Why doesn't Fiverr just charge and tell all of us what they want and expect us to do for them, instead of other people making $50 or $100 dollars off of Fiverr Sellers each month? I do my best to give the buyers what they want and I even record extra words sometimes. I work a full time job and it is a struggle. I would love to work on Fiverr full time, but I have to pay bills and not knowing if I would have enough income each month is scary to say the least. I like this platform or I would not be on it. Fiverr could make a lot of extra money just doing this each month. 

Letting who make extra money? The ones that are successful on Fiverr do it because they put in the time, effort and works to expand their knowledge. I'm wondering what exactly you mean by "the ones that advertise about knowing the Fiverr System"? 

I think Fiverr is doing exactly that: there are tons of free guides and help documents both on the forum and support pages detailing what you need in order to succeed. One of the main things that gets repeated is: deliver high-quality and make your buyers happy so they come back for more. That's free advice, and you don't need to pay for it in order to use it. 

That is what Fiverr wants: for their buyers to be happy. 

I'm not sure if you're talking about promoted gigs or Fiverr Plus here.. Maybe I'm just having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say. 

I know exactly how you feel: I've been there. I had troubles paying my bills for years before I got to a better place in life. I've worked my way up from a dead-end job as a waiter, doing voice-overs and web design on the side just to afford my food. 

If you don't understand why Fiverr wants to earn money, I can't really explain it more simply than this: it's a company. They want to make money. They will do what they can to earn more. And if sellers are willing to pay for marketing and better solutions, then they will offer those solutions. 

People spend money marketing online all the time. That's part of growing a business. 

2 minutes ago, coerdelion said:

It's not really information that only seller plusses have - Frank speculated that was the case before seller plus was a thing.   Of course, it helps when people (I don't mean you, Maria) actually read posts before commenting "thanks for valuable tips".

There are several people here who do actually share tips that are valuable (Frank being one of them).  But they have to be read and acted upon to work. 

Yeah, I also wrote a post about it, where I explained my theory that Fiverr is putting less and less importance on public reviews and more on hidden feedback. I think it was part of another post, so I can't find it now, but it's definitely not a secret. But as you know, clicky baity needy for ready. :classic_rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Letting who make extra money? The ones that are successful on Fiverr do it because they put in the time, effort and works to expand their knowledge. I'm wondering what exactly you mean by "the ones that advertise about knowing the Fiverr System"? 

I think Fiverr is doing exactly that: there are tons of free guides and help documents both on the forum and support pages detailing what you need in order to succeed. One of the main things that gets repeated is: deliver high-quality and make your buyers happy so they come back for more. That's free advice, and you don't need to pay for it in order to use it. 

That is what Fiverr wants: for their buyers to be happy. 

I'm not sure if you're talking about promoted gigs or Fiverr Plus here.. Maybe I'm just having a hard time understanding what you're trying to say. 

I know exactly how you feel: I've been there. I had troubles paying my bills for years before I got to a better place in life. I've worked my way up from a dead-end job as a waiter, doing voice-overs and web design on the side just to afford my food. 

If you don't understand why Fiverr wants to earn money, I can't really explain it more simply than this: it's a company. They want to make money. They will do what they can to earn more. And if sellers are willing to pay for marketing and better solutions, then they will offer those solutions. 

People spend money marketing online all the time. That's part of growing a business. 

Ok, go back and read what I wrote about people advertising about knowing the system. Just go on you-tube and you can find many videos on how to make big bucks on Fiverr, that is, if you purchase the program they offer. I have given my best to all of my buyers. Sometimes it is very hard to please a few. I have gone on social media. I don't get a lot of work, probably because I cannot be on here 12 or 14 hours each day. I also am a caregiver, but they is not anyone's problem but mine. However, it does take up some of my time. I have many good reviews. But, I may not have on the secret reviews, that I do not know. I also have bought several of Fiverr's programs to learn more about SEO, Blogs, Premier Pro, etc. Then the new 3.0 came out and those search words should not be used as much, they are. not effective anymore. I guess, I just need to advertise on google, but I am not allowed to use the audio demos that I have. So I will have to get new ones. If you don't understand any of this, then I don't know how else to explain it. Just ignore me and I apologize.

2 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

Secrets, I don't understand why Fiverr is letting all these people make extra money off of their platform and I am talking about the ones that advertise about knowing the Fiverr System and how it works.

1 hour ago, kendal1747 said:

Just go on you-tube and you can find many videos on how to make big bucks on Fiverr, that is, if you purchase the program they offer.

I've seen videos on YouTube where people say what they think helps (eg. a Top Rated seller giving advice) but I don't think I've seen any asking you to purchase a program (like an app/extension or some training thing?). But Fiverr doesn't want sites/extensions that aren't authorised to be used as far as I know (like a site that checks your rank etc I think).

They have things in their TOS about "attempt to derive its source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, structure or organization" but maybe that's for those who would try and give much too much away (like try and discover almost exactly the algorithms/almost exactly what weights are given to things).

For most YouTube people talking about Fiverr/Fiverr tips Fiverr probably don't mind as it's free advertising for them - it probably encourages new sellers to join/buyers to join/existing sellers to try to improve on Fiverr. It's likely the same on the forum, as long as they aren't giving too much away about exactly how they think it works/how it does work I assume (eg. Fiverr hasn't discouraged people giving actually useful tips on the forum so far as far as I know, even though it may be giving a little bit away in terms of what helps on Fiverr I assume as long as nothing like the actual detailed algorithms are given away it should be okay). Though maybe they could clarify.

2 hours ago, uk1000 said:

It's likely the same on the forum, as long as they aren't giving too much away about exactly how they think it works/how it does work I assume (eg. Fiverr hasn't discouraged people giving actually useful tips on the forum so far as far as I know, even though it may be giving a little bit away in terms of what helps on Fiverr I assume as long as nothing like the actual detailed algorithms are given away it should be okay). Though maybe they could clarify.

As long as the information is obtained without breaking the ToS, of course you can share it. Fiverr wants as many sellers as possible to succeed, because successful sellers means more revenue for Fiverr. Using your knowledge of how FIverr works to your advantage, and sharing that knowledge, is of course allowed, and we're even encouraged to share it; otherwise we wouldn't have a "Tips for sellers" forum at all. 

And knowing that the hidden feedback is valuable to your future business is useful as hell. And I wouldn't call it a "secret" except in the headline, but you gotta do something to get through all the posts about praying for people or staying online 24/7 to get rich. 

I've seen videos on YouTube where people say what they think helps (eg. a Top Rated seller giving advice) but I don't think I've seen any asking you to purchase a program (like an app/extension or some training thing?). But Fiverr doesn't want sites/extensions that aren't authorised to be used as far as I know (like a site that checks your rank etc I think).

They have things in their TOS about "attempt to derive its source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, structure or organization" but maybe that's for those who would try and give much too much away (like try and discover almost exactly the algorithms/almost exactly what weights are given to things).

For most YouTube people talking about Fiverr/Fiverr tips Fiverr probably don't mind as it's free advertising for them - it probably encourages new sellers to join/buyers to join/existing sellers to try to improve on Fiverr. It's likely the same on the forum, as long as they aren't giving too much away about exactly how they think it works/how it does work I assume (eg. Fiverr hasn't discouraged people giving actually useful tips on the forum so far as far as I know, even though it may be giving a little bit away in terms of what helps on Fiverr I assume as long as nothing like the actual detailed algorithms are given away it should be okay). Though maybe they could clarify.

You have never seen anyone asking you to purchase a program. Well, I have and if you need some guidance, then just let me know.

2 hours ago, kendal1747 said:

Ok, go back and read what I wrote about people advertising about knowing the system. Just go on you-tube and you can find many videos on how to make big bucks on Fiverr, that is, if you purchase the program they offer. I have given my best to all of my buyers. Sometimes it is very hard to please a few. I have gone on social media. I don't get a lot of work, probably because I cannot be on here 12 or 14 hours each day. I also am a caregiver, but they is not anyone's problem but mine. However, it does take up some of my time. I have many good reviews. But, I may not have on the secret reviews, that I do not know. I also have bought several of Fiverr's programs to learn more about SEO, Blogs, Premier Pro, etc. Then the new 3.0 came out and those search words should not be used as much, they are. not effective anymore. I guess, I just need to advertise on google, but I am not allowed to use the audio demos that I have. So I will have to get new ones. If you don't understand any of this, then I don't know how else to explain it. Just ignore me and I apologize.

I read it, but I'm not sure I understood who you were going against and precisely who or what made you bitter in this case. 
I'm not on Youtube trying to sell secrets, nor anywhere else: I'm a part of this community, and I like to share helpful information with my fellow sellers. I don't earn anything for doing it. So I'm not sure who you're criticizing here? YouTubers who want to sell you "secrets"? Well, I'm not one of them, so I wonder why you felt the need to point that out to me. 

I don't doubt that you're giving your best to all your buyers. And yes, It's hard! Of course, it is! I'm very sorry that you aren't getting the success you want at the moment. 

Being online a lot has minimal effect, so instead of focusing on that, you can try to get some quality time in with the family, take online courses, find new ways to improve your business, etc. That's a far better use of your time, in my opinion than just trying to stay online all the time, waiting for orders. 
I think the search is still the most used function. Most people won't look in the menus: they will search. I've seen claims that search isn't as important anymore, but I beg to differ: SEO optimizing your gig has never been more critical. It's the overall visibility you're going for. 

Fiverr Plus isn't some scammer trying to get your money: it's a program Fiverr offers certain sellers to gain further success on the platform by offering advice. But you don't have to get Fiverr Plus to become successful. 

And you seem to work hard for what you want, which is excellent, and I understand that it can be frustrating when you do without seeing the results you were hoping for. But trust me: I know how hard it can be, but I don't believe in equal outcomes. I've been there. 

So don't give up! And my post was only meant as helpful advice to help you and everyone else interested in becoming even better. Having this knowledge about your hidden feedback being so important can help you because you can use that knowledge to improve your services to your buyers. But if you don't appreciate my advice, you're in no way obligated to follow it. 

1 minute ago, smashradio said:

I read it, but I'm not sure I understood who you were going against and precisely who or what made you bitter in this case. 
I'm not on Youtube trying to sell secrets, nor anywhere else: I'm a part of this community, and I like to share helpful information with my fellow sellers. I don't earn anything for doing it. So I'm not sure who you're criticizing here? YouTubers who want to sell you "secrets"? Well, I'm not one of them, so I wonder why you felt the need to point that out to me. 

I don't doubt that you're giving your best to all your buyers. And yes, It's hard! Of course, it is! I'm very sorry that you aren't getting the success you want at the moment. 

Being online a lot has minimal effect, so instead of focusing on that, you can try to get some quality time in with the family, take online courses, find new ways to improve your business, etc. That's a far better use of your time, in my opinion than just trying to stay online all the time, waiting for orders. 
I think the search is still the most used function. Most people won't look in the menus: they will search. I've seen claims that search isn't as important anymore, but I beg to differ: SEO optimizing your gig has never been more critical. It's the overall visibility you're going for. 

Fiverr Plus isn't some scammer trying to get your money: it's a program Fiverr offers certain sellers to gain further success on the platform by offering advice. But you don't have to get Fiverr Plus to become successful. 

And you seem to work hard for what you want, which is excellent, and I understand that it can be frustrating when you do without seeing the results you were hoping for. But trust me: I know how hard it can be, but I don't believe in equal outcomes. I've been there. 

So don't give up! And my post was only meant as helpful advice to help you and everyone else interested in becoming even better. Having this knowledge about your hidden feedback being so important can help you because you can use that knowledge to improve your services to your buyers. But if you don't appreciate my advice, you're in no way obligated to follow it. 

Where did I say that you were doing this? I never gave any names out. You are adding to what I said and that is not true. I never said that Fiverr was trying to scam anyone. Where are you coming from? I am not bitter. I actually said that I liked this platform or I would not be on it. Yes, if you are not on here a lot,  you will miss good jobs. 

I have gotten a few of them by just checking my phone in the middle of the day or early afternoon. I am not blaming Fiverr for what some people do. I am just saying, why don't they offer this to people just starting out? I can't be on here as much as I like, so I will have to work harder. 

Well, you haven't looked in depth, because they are out there. There are people offering programs for a fee that will supposedly help. I know I have been contacted several times. 

1 hour ago, kendal1747 said:

Where did I say that you were doing this? I never gave any names out. You are adding to what I said and that is not true. I never said that Fiverr was trying to scam anyone. Where are you coming from? I am not bitter. I actually said that I liked this platform or I would not be on it. Yes, if you are not on here a lot,  you will miss good jobs. 

I have gotten a few of them by just checking my phone in the middle of the day or early afternoon. I am not blaming Fiverr for what some people do. I am just saying, why don't they offer this to people just starting out? I can't be on here as much as I like, so I will have to work harder. 

I didn't mean anything bad with it - I'm simply asking so I can better understand what you tried to say. That way we can have a conversation about it. :D 

I see - so you are wondering why Fiverr isn't offering Fiverr Plus to brand new sellers? I believe it's for a few different reasons, but most importantly, I think it's because they want to see that the sellers have some success before you're enrolled in the program.

I can understand this since they only have limited staff working on this project. They can't give every new seller that rolls onto the platform their own success manager: that would be hopeless.

The staff wouldn't have time or resources to deal with it, which happened a few years ago when success managers were free and offered to top-rated sellers. In the end, the platform had far too many TRS and too few staff members to provide any meaningful support to the selected sellers. 

So they want to focus on the sellers they think can benefit the most from this while also providing Fiverr with talent who benefit the platform in return. 
With all that being said, I believe that new sellers will benefit from this sort of help, too.

That's why I wrote about it in the first place: to help the people who don't have access to things like Fiverr Plus succeed. I love helping other sellers here on the forum when I can, and I thought this was useful knowledge, so I'd like to share it with the community. 

I'm not saying "stay offline": I'm saying - don't believe the myth that staying online all the time will get you success on the platform. I'm a night owl, meaning I'm asleep and not online in the mornings. Yet most of my orders roll in then when I'm offline and dreaming about getting an air-condition unit that's 100% silent (only exists in my dream world, of course) to cool down my booth. 

I checked out your gig. You have a great demo, and your reviews look good. You're still level 1 (I was a level one for a good while before getting a level 2 status, and a level 2 for many years before I was awarded TRS status). So it takes time.

But you're on your way already. I'm wondering why you're only using three of the keywords in your gig, though, when you can have five? Try adding "voice over" and "voice acting" to your keywords. That could help you gain more visibility in search.

2 minutes ago, smashradio said:

It never really was, but if the title isn't clickbaity people don't read it :classic_cool:

Yes, That's why I understand, why you are getting lots of sales. You are a super-intelligent seller. I am happy for you.  💚

1 hour ago, smashradio said:

I didn't mean anything bad with it - I'm simply asking so I can better understand what you tried to say. That way we can have a conversation about it. 😄

I see - so you are wondering why Fiverr isn't offering Fiverr Plus to brand new sellers? I believe it's for a few different reasons, but most importantly, I think it's because they want to see that the sellers have some success before you're enrolled in the program.

I can understand this since they only have limited staff working on this project. They can't give every new seller that rolls onto the platform their own success manager: that would be hopeless.

The staff wouldn't have time or resources to deal with it, which happened a few years ago when success managers were free and offered to top-rated sellers. In the end, the platform had far too many TRS and too few staff members to provide any meaningful support to the selected sellers. 

So they want to focus on the sellers they think can benefit the most from this while also providing Fiverr with talent who benefit the platform in return. 
With all that being said, I believe that new sellers will benefit from this sort of help, too.

That's why I wrote about it in the first place: to help the people who don't have access to things like Fiverr Plus succeed. I love helping other sellers here on the forum when I can, and I thought this was useful knowledge, so I'd like to share it with the community. 

I'm not saying "stay offline": I'm saying - don't believe the myth that staying online all the time will get you success on the platform. I'm a night owl, meaning I'm asleep and not online in the mornings. Yet most of my orders roll in then when I'm offline and dreaming about getting an air-condition unit that's 100% silent (only exists in my dream world, of course) to cool down my booth. 

I checked out your gig. You have a great demo, and your reviews look good. You're still level 1 (I was a level one for a good while before getting a level 2 status, and a level 2 for many years before I was awarded TRS status). So it takes time.

But you're on your way already. I'm wondering why you're only using three of the keywords in your gig, though, when you can have five? Try adding "voice over" and "voice acting" to your keywords. That could help you gain more visibility in search.

I think you are getting off topic. I never said anything about giving Newbies Fiverr Plus. I said Fiverr should charge like others to offer tips and help get serious sellers on the right track and also let them know if they need more training. I am using 5 keywords right now. 5     

This has been a great information for new sellers like us .... all we have to do is give the buyer some extra room which was not deffinitly on out package or we can offer him that i am willing to do some more for your project so that in the end of the day you have your product worth of you money..... 

As a buyer, I'm thrilled with excellent communication and over the top delivery.

I don't care all that much about discounts but getting a little extra on the final delivery sure feels good. 🙂

I work with an artist that will give me a bit more, here and there. It's just a minor thing, like an extra color, or something like that. The seller would deliver what I asked for and a 2nd delivery that contained the extra.

The satisfaction of knowing, they went the extra mile for me, and the work is just "AMAZING" keeps me going back!

I know there are some buyers, you can't reason with, but I'd like to think most of us are 👌!! 😉

Archived