7 Tips for Buyers

On 8/18/2021 at 4:50 PM, newsmike said:

Wrongo Bongo. That's not how fiverr works. There is no reason to have to check with someone prior to buying.  It is a requirement that some people place in their gig, but they don't understand how an "on demand" marketplace works. Then they get their panties in a wad when someone orders the normal way instead of courting the seller prior to an order. This is often the sign of an inexperienced, hesitant, nervous seller. Avoid.  

Don't paint us all with the same brush ūüôā

While I don't "get my panties in a wad", I find it a lot more efficient to have that initial discussion. A lot of the time, Buyers are grateful for reaching out before money is put down. If someone just puts in an order and their requirements are clear then it's all peachy. Else, a chat is going to be had to iron out the details and sometimes that leads to delays.

Edited by yannisenglish
  • Like 30
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, yannisenglish said:

Else, a chat is going to be had to iron out the details and sometimes that leads to delays.

I do understand why some people want it. But fiverr is not designed to work that way. That's why they have a "buy" button and not a "sumbit your idea for approval" button. So I sorta get it when people hope that buyers will behave that way, but I also don't mind when buyers just hit "buy" and expect the seller to be able to perform "on demand." 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

For the tip 5 I would like to say a seller should build a team rather than working solo. New clients that you may miss because you already have a lot of work could be turn in to long-term clients. Every buyer is important as long as they know how to respect seller.

Never miss any single opportunity, these tips are great though. 

• Like 21
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, newsmike said:

I do understand why some people want it. But fiverr is not designed to work that way. That's why they have a "buy" button and not a "sumbit your idea for approval" button. So I sorta get it when people hope that buyers will behave that way, but I also don't mind when buyers just hit "buy" and expect the seller to be able to perform "on demand." 

I agree. The way I see it, adding such a stipulation cuts down rather than eliminates the number of quick buys that lead to cancellations. It's perfectly fine to want to use the platform as intended. However, we can't forget that some Buyers either don't read or don't understand gig descriptions no matter how much effort we put into making them clear.

• Like 20
  • Up 2

cannot agree more with the  second point (2. Don't hire at once if the description says "please contact me first before placing an order" (or anything like that)).

Cause a buyer should talk about the service before purchasing it by expensing his valuable money.
If the buyer thinks everything is alright and the seller is confident about his service, then he could communicate to purchase it. 

• Like 20
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1